• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Starrlord

Starrlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:37

The proc of  "chance on hit to cause target to flee" sometimes resets the monster and gives them full health.

It happens randomly, i have seen it pretty much on everything except dungeon boss's.

Most of the time the fear is normal, but sometimes you get the bug.

You also get the "Fear does nothing" bug.

Both bugs are recorded in the video below.

Here is the item i have that is causing fear.

fearessence1_zps59b2ff3d.jpg

And here is the Bug on Video.

Is best watched in full screen.

You will notice that after the fear wears off, after the bug happens, another fear procs but it does nothing.

This is also a bug, sometimes i see Fear debuff happen and it does nothing, the enemy will still charge towards me, unless it is actually fleeing.. but in my direction.. although i have had monsters continue to punch me when the fear is on them.

Note my tiny Radar..

Apparently my monitors resolution is too much for the game, and the Radar UI and MAP UI don't scale with resolution.

Edited by Starrlord, 17 January 2015 - 05:41.

#2 genocidegrand

genocidegrand

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:27

yeah the monster sometimes reset. and become full hp again. which is why fear suck~~ idk if its on purpose or not

#3 Starrlord

Starrlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:07

Clearly it's a bug.

#4 Cromwell

Cromwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:13

I've noticed this as well. It usually happens when the 'feared' mob reaches its original spawn location. At which point it resets its health as if its a new spawn. It also resets its tag as well. Though sometimes i've also noticed the 'feared' mob instead of reseting will just keep being feared and running away, even if the fear debuff has dissappeared.

The fear mechanic definately seems to have a few bugs. And getting a fear roll on a weapon makes me sad b/c of how un-useful it is atm. Even game breaking at times as you have shown here.

#5 Starrlord

Starrlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:57

Not once have i seen the perma-fear bug.

I have seen the "never flee" even though it has the debuff, it just continues to engage in combat regardless.

#6 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:03

lol  :D

tumblr_nb69clOFZw1tv4sy7o1_500.gif

Edited by D4VYJONES, 17 January 2015 - 11:09.

#7 Cromwell

Cromwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 13:32

Not once have i seen the perma-fear bug.

I ran into it it a couple of times during the Icicles End event. It seemed to only really happen in the Frozen Aerie. But I don't use the fear-proc weapon enough to know if it happens in any other zones.

#8 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 January 2015 - 14:15

I had a chance to flee for awhile, and never saw a mob reset.  Not sure what was different, since it most clearly does happen.  Perhaps because I really don't use the essence very often, preferring spell attacks.

As for proccing and not fleeing, I did see that.  I assumed it was CC immunity kicking in.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#9 Starrlord

Starrlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 15:45

I thought CC immunity had a buff that appeared on the mob to show that it had cc immunity.

In the video this doesn't happen.

#10 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2015 - 18:04

this happened alot during the addition with the level 45 content

SD and Guthix are the ones who knows the bug very well and has reported it time and time again (especially guthix)

I used a level 40 WB essence and nothing happened but it seems I've been luckier than others when this whole bug thing happens...

Edited by Endarken, 20 January 2015 - 18:04.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#11 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2015 - 13:16

Thanks for pointing out the issues with the fear effect.

It definitely shouldn't be resetting the creatures so frequently, that will be getting fixed.

Still looking into the "fear does nothing" case, have pinned down one fix at least for that but not certain yet whether that fixes all cases.

The creature stuck in reset bug that it can also trigger will be getting fixed also as mentioned here.

Hopefully will fix all these issues in the next update.

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2015 - 17:41

Thanks for pointing out the issues with the fear effect.

It definitely shouldn't be resetting the creatures so frequently, that will be getting fixed.

Still looking into the "fear does nothing" case, have pinned down one fix at least for that but not certain yet whether that fixes all cases.

The creature stuck in reset bug that it can also trigger will be getting fixed also as mentioned here.

Hopefully will fix all these issues in the next update.

In terms of fear does nothing, I think its a terms of a delay with the addition of spamming other attacks on a mob. I mean fear effect don't kick in until a bit later due to someone using their rotation of attacks with debuffs and such.

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: