Photo

Confused By Crafting Changes - Help?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2013 - 18:22

So i just really started to push my crafting to see if it was as bad at higher levels as it is at lower in terms of materials, experience, return on sales etc.  But I'm very confused.

Why is experience now based on your crafting level and not the level of the item you are crafting?  Why do I craft a level 1 item and get the same experience as a level 5 item that takes 2x as many materials?  I can tell you it's sure going to be a bore crafting level 1 belts all the way up lol.

Also, is the cap on crafts now 40? or 50?  The update notes say 40, but the recipes and achievements say 50.  I'm assuming the 40 is a typo in the notes...but I think I heard a 40 before this while discussing updates, so just wanted to ask as well.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2013 - 19:51

I think the level 40 cap is just so it is in line with the level cap on release, maybe level 50 crafting will be added, when level 50 content comes along  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2013 - 17:16

We made some changes to improve experience gain for lower level items however this has had some adverse changes on leveling, as such we'll be improving this next update.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: