#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 21:21

Dunno about anywhere else, but 'tis like wading thru molasses,  with only 1 leg, and on valium here :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 21:37

Doesn't seem to effect everyone. Was chasing a Titan yesterday and some were running circles whilst mine was lagging like a champ

#3 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 21:38

I'm doing a SE kills session, and my world map has now suddenly turned into blank black space! I can't move, not even back to Krull Island :(

#4 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2017 - 22:05

I've just checked on everything at our end, all seems well. Possibly a network issue? The game doesn't seem to be running slowly for me.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#5 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 00:31

No. No it's NOT. Been Lagging All Day and it started Last Night. Now there are Glitches. I killed an SE last night. The numbers came up in the action box all green showing you that I won. Even double clicked on to the action box and look at the battle. Then I refresh the map and it was still on the same square. And it did not show up in The Spoils of War. I clicked on it a second time and killed it, AGAIN. That's when it showed up. Today I had somebody else kill a different SE and they told me that they got two drops and they sent me both. I don't know if that's true or not. I am in a realm now and clicked on to the world map to go to a different realm. And it kept sending me back to the realm I just left I had to refresh the map and the screen page three times before it actually showed me correctly where I was at. On top of that it is still very laggy!!!

Edited by cucullainn, 14 January 2017 - 00:34.

#6 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 00:58

Now I was trying to break items down for fragments. And I couldn't mouse over all the items. Because the only thing that came up when you did the mouse over, was error or loading. It wouldn't tell me what the item was

Edited by cucullainn, 14 January 2017 - 00:59.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:03

The "everything is fine" lag is getting worse and worse :(

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

is reporting a minor outage atm ?

Edited by Pardoux, 14 January 2017 - 01:05.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:39

Yes it truly is! I went back to Krul Island, it took me several tries to get to the mountain path. Then I went to another area from the cathedral. Once I got to that world it took me several tries before I could get into a realm. And it keeps glitching up. I'm on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States. I had a friend of mine in Eastern Canada just get online and he told me it's lagging for him too!

Right before Christmas there was terrible lag BG got on and said that they were having problems with cloudflare. Then the lag got worse. Hoof got back on later and said that some of the extra servers that had been added to help with the lag, were bad.

Then there was another incident not too long ago before or during the first wave of the dragons. And there was problems with lag. People in global chat or complaining. BG said in Global chat. It was isolated problems with cloudflare. Then right after that. Hoof said in the forums it was a problem with a server or some servers. And that they were working on the problem. I think all any of us want, is just a straight answer. There's not going to be anybody who wants to play this game, whether it's an app or not. If they get on and it's glitchy and suffers from lag. Just saying

Edited by cucullainn, 14 January 2017 - 04:14.

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:05

...a barnacle in the path of progress.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 16:12

OK. So the lag still isn't fixed?

#11 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 17:07

Edit - The next day and I take it back. There is definite lag. Not chronic but there nonetheless.

Edited by Josh1404, 15 January 2017 - 20:22.

#12 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 17:58

"Add" me to the "minority"

worse than the "usual lag" I "normally" experience

but i'm not "letting" it "ruin" my day

tumblr_oi4lzhBzSs1urlrpuo1_400.gif

Edited by duktayp, 15 January 2017 - 09:36.

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2017 - 19:11

I checked all the servers and they all seems to be running well - it's usually pretty obvious when we check them if one of them is playing up. 

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 23:48

I checked all the servers and they all seems to be running well - it's usually pretty obvious when we check them if one of them is playing up. 

Am guessing it is related to the code update from last week possibly effecting some older devices..

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:56

I don't know what to think, or who to believe. For the last couple hours the extended wheel spinning in the action bar was bad enough! But now to be continuously slingshot back across the map is done right awful!!!

#16 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:32

or, in haiku form:

Lost for an answer

Action bar with spinning wheel

Gone, across the map

Edited by duktayp, 15 January 2017 - 09:33.

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:40

Just tried hunting the latest spawn of the cow titan. Some attempted kills were taking 3-4 seconds between clicking and a kill (or, more often - "the titan has moved" message - or whatever it is ..)

#18 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 16:20

game is still lagging / can only move 1 tile per 2 seconds and its not a steady constant --- one minute will be tolerable then a few mins later gets way worse - lag is not just limited to world screen - affecting sending messages / ah / recall ...etc

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 18:31

Have had a lot of patchy moments myself. Lots of time loading screens.

But now to be continuously slingshot back across the map is done right awful!!!

That happens all the time. Lag is not needed for it to occur. Really wish they'd fix it. Defeats the entire purpose of the new map. 

#20 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 19:37

That happens all the time. Lag is not needed for it to occur. Really wish they'd fix it. Defeats the entire purpose of the new map.

Don't I know it.

I have experienced some lag over the last few hours. Recalling gear, and going between screens. It must have been worse earlier. I had guild members exclaim they could not play because of the Lag. Before logging off in disappointment

Just looking for an answer :)

Edited by cucullainn, 15 January 2017 - 19:40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: