• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 13:10

Due to the ongoing lag issues I am certain that many players are hitting their max stam and 'overflowing' due to the fact that hunting is impossible and lag makes many other aspects of the game very difficult.

I feel that this could be highly destructive for the game, and many players will up and leave, or at least play less. Any new players will also lose interest very quickly.

While this may suit certain players I feel that players with small stam banks are suffering disproportionately due to the lag - does anyone have any (SENSIBLE) suggestions as to how to compensate these players or at least keep them interested in the game? Would a cutoff be needed, or a sliding scale? How would it work? Ideas please, I hate to see this game shrink.

I realise that I will get shot down for this by players with a personal animus against me or personal reasons for wanting a smaller player base, but I hope there are enough fair-minded players out there to prevent the game dying a little more.

PS - before the usual crew suggest it... PvP is not a solution for everyone.. Some people just don't want to play that way... And I repeat what I have said in other discussions that involve PvP in some way, I like PvP - I have medals and everything... - but realise others do not. 

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 13:47

The only solution i see is fixing the game. Possibly some reserve stam given out.

#3 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2021 - 14:13

2 options....

1 buy more stamina bank...

2 buff guild members even if they are not doing anything. It goes towards guild achievement and personal medal tick.

what do you think about this? should there be a system for overflowing stamina(25% of the hourly) to be converted to reserve stamina?

Edited by Alisa, 14 April 2021 - 14:14.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#4 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 14:53

Just to be clear - this is not for me, but for those have say 8-10k (or less) max stam (perhaps even up to 25k), and do not have the resources to buy 2k+ max stam daily... Not everyone can afford to dump $$$$$$ into the game... These players are losing overflow, whilst people with larger stam banks (myself included) just fill up. This has a consideral potential to drive people away from the game. Whilst I agree that players with larger banks have worked hard to achieve them, losing players over a lag issue that has lasted quite a while is an undesirable outcome.

EDIT: It also seems a little unfair to expect ANY players to use their own resources to counter an issue caused by an update... 

I like the idea of a (small) percentage of overflow transferring to Reserve, but I think it has been suggested before and nixed by HCS.

Edited by LordOfRuin, 14 April 2021 - 15:29.

#5 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 14:58

seems like a real issue.

reserve would likely be either too much or too little

[edit: don't like overflow solution. more coding? no ty. when settled give reserve, better than yanking code.]

Edited by michael65, 14 April 2021 - 15:11.

#6 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:32

what do you think about this? should there be a system for overflowing stamina(25% of the hourly) to be converted to reserve stamina?

Nah, this isn't needed. Maxing out on your stamina gives you incentive to do something.

As for this thread, there are plenty of other areas where you can use your stam: Bounty Hunting, GvG, SE Hunting, Titan Hunting, etc. It requires a touch of patience in the current environment. I highly doubt HCS will provide free handouts due to this lag.

Edited by Tilley10, 14 April 2021 - 15:54.

#7 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:55

As for this thread, there are plenty of other areas where you can use your stam: Bounty Hunting, SE Hunting, Titan Hunting, etc. It requires a touch of patience in the current environment. I highly doubt HCS will provide free handouts due to this lag.

Not with current levels of lag, which is my point... II am not suggesting a permanent change, just some way of reducing the number of players seriously negatively affected by the current lag situation, which was stated in the OP...

#8 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:59

Not with current levels of lag, which is my point... II am not suggesting a permanent change, just some way of reducing the number of players seriously negatively affected by the current lag situation, which was stated in the OP...

Everyone is dealing with the lag equally. The only way to reduce the number of players that are impacted by the lag, is to remove said lag. And nobody knows when/if this thing will ever be resolved.

#9 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 16:02

Everyone is dealing with the lag equally. The only way to reduce the number of players that are impacted by the lag, is to remove said lag. And nobody knows when/if this thing will ever be resolved.

Obviously you misread the OP and it's intention. I can't prevent that. Ho Hum.

Or maybe I just over-estimated the community's desire to make the game enjoyable for everyone.

Edited by LordOfRuin, 14 April 2021 - 16:06.

#10 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 16:29

I'd like something like this for emergency scenarios, like the one we are having, if they were already implemented and HCS could just turn it on when they see fit...But to be created and coded into the game now, I don't think it's a good idea, for sure a good idea for HCS to keep in mind though.

#11 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 17:08

Due to the ongoing lag issues I am certain that many players are hitting their max stam and 'overflowing' due to the fact that hunting is impossible and lag makes many other aspects of the game very difficult.

I feel that this could be highly destructive for the game, and many players will up and leave, or at least play less. Any new players will also lose interest very quickly.

While this may suit certain players I feel that players with small stam banks are suffering disproportionately due to the lag - does anyone have any (SENSIBLE) suggestions as to how to compensate these players or at least keep them interested in the game? Would a cutoff be needed, or a sliding scale? How would it work? Ideas please, I hate to see this game shrink.

I realise that I will get shot down for this by players with a personal animus against me or personal reasons for wanting a smaller player base, but I hope there are enough fair-minded players out there to prevent the game dying a little more.

PS - before the usual crew suggest it... PvP is not a solution for everyone.. Some people just don't want to play that way... And I repeat what I have said in other discussions that involve PvP in some way, I like PvP - I have medals and everything... - but realise others do not. 

Obviously you misread the OP and it's intention. I can't prevent that. Ho Hum.

Or maybe I just over-estimated the community's desire to make the game enjoyable for everyone.

Here is my reply to the OP: the only sensible solution is to remove the lag. I don't believe in receiving free things anytime there is a minor inconvenience in the game. Example: I have yet to ask for any sort of compensation for the PvP Ladder being turned off for 12 days even though I am missing out on quite a few tokens.

#12 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 18:54

Here is my reply to the OP: the only sensible solution is to remove the lag. I don't believe in receiving free things anytime there is a minor inconvenience in the game. Example: I have yet to ask for any sort of compensation for the PvP Ladder being turned off for 12 days even though I am missing out on quite a few tokens.

"minor inconvenience" sounds like hyperbole. as to being equal, some players shared horrible experiences. when i had a decent hunt, players in chat complain of not being able to hunt. your "minor inconvenience" or "free handout" argument minimizes real pain and insults fellow players.

if the cows choose not give anything that is their choice. one should be able to speak on the subject without the couched ridicule and insult.

that is how i see it.

#13 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 18:57

your "minor inconvenience" or "free handout" argument minimizes real pain and insults fellow players.

if the cows choose not give anything that is their choice. one should be able to speak on the subject without the couched ridicule and insult.

Thank you for agreeing that everyone can have a different opinion than mine, yours or even the OP. :D

#14 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 19:18

Thank you for agreeing that everyone can have a different opinion than mine, yours or even the OP. :D

got 1 point while ignoring the other point.

#15 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 19:29

got 1 point while ignoring the other point.

Okay - see below.

"minor inconvenience" sounds like hyperbole. as to being equal, some players shared horrible experiences. when i had a decent hunt, players in chat complain of not being able to hunt. your "minor inconvenience" or "free handout" argument minimizes real pain and insults fellow players.

that is how i see it.

It was never confirmed but node1 seemed to run just a little more smoothly than node2 - thus creating the feeling that one person was not experiencing that much lag and the other struggling. Players swap between servers all the time - it was only a matter of time before they swapped and felt the difference. So yes, everyone was exposed to the same issue, lag. As for insulting fellow players, I have never once done that. In my opinion, no compensation needs to be given. The game was just playable enough where you could do everything (except participate in the PvP Ladder as it was turned off) with a little bit of patience.

#16 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 20:27

Why does every thread end up with people flinging poo at each other? 

One can't even be constructive without a certain group being contrary for the sake of it, hijacking threads and offering thinly veiled insults and passive agression instead of cogent arguments.

Please consider the OP withdrawn due to the pointlessness of trying to be nice in this game.

*gives up and walks away*

#17 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 23:34

Okay - see below.

It was never confirmed but node1 seemed to run just a little more smoothly than node2 - thus creating the feeling that one person was not experiencing that much lag and the other struggling. Players swap between servers all the time - it was only a matter of time before they swapped and felt the difference. So yes, everyone was exposed to the same issue, lag. As for insulting fellow players, I have never once done that. In my opinion, no compensation needs to be given. The game was just playable enough where you could do everything (except participate in the PvP Ladder as it was turned off) with a little bit of patience.

so, you describe a probable (chance) scenario then claim it applies to all, but if complaints are indicative some experienced unplayable issues.

Why does every thread end up with people flinging poo at each other? 

One can't even be constructive without a certain group being contrary for the sake of it, hijacking threads and offering thinly veiled insults and passive agression instead of cogent arguments.

Please consider the OP withdrawn due to the pointlessness of trying to be nice in this game.

*gives up and walks away*

poo? thanks to darwin, we are considered primates. and some primates throw poo. seems to fit.

#18 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2021 - 23:57

As for insulting fellow players, I have never once done that.

REALLY?! I don't know if you know this but... I'm cake!!!

sigma_468x60.jpg

#19 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 23:59

REALLY?! I don't know if you know this but... I'm cake!!!

I CALLED THIS PLOT TWIST IN SEASON 1

Edited by Tilley10, 15 April 2021 - 00:01.

#20 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:39

Delevelling and level back? I wasted my stam for that. In lower level the lags are not thaaaaat horrible because you gain lvls fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: