Photo

Eldevin is p2w

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Removed431723

Removed431723

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:06

When i started playing Eldevin in October 2014 the best gear you could get was the lvl45 fabled weapons from ASV and ARG, the lvl45 armor from BT and RG and the lvl45 jewelry that was craftable. Now however you can craft infernal weapons, lvl49 armor and lvl49 jewelry which obviously require materials to make but you can easily buy the thousands of materials to make these items. Seen one player in particular (not gonna say his name) that went from lvl45 gear, bought lots of EP and bought high lvl gems and materials for the weapons,  jewelry and armor no effort required and is now running dungeons like ICC with little to no effort whatsoever.

Then there is the players who farm all of these mats and it takes months for them to get the sets, but the p2w players can get these sets in about 2-3 days. I myself dont spend that much money on the game and i farm all my sets that take a pretty long time to get and get the gems through CC runs which takes a few hours if i can get a group which i rarely can. Apparently for these lvl50 dungeons that are coming out you will need the following:

Lvl49 armor set

At least absolute gems in your gear

Infernal weapons

Lvl49 jewelry set

The mats required to make the weapons, jewelry and armor can all be easily bought and gems can also be very easily bought as well. I don't really think this is fair for players like me who have to farm every single piece of gear and these players with the high lvl gear will be first pick for groups for these new dungeons. I know there is players out there who bought some stuff and farmed the others and they have earned their place in these groups. Please don't make craftable weapons and armor a thing in the future although they look cool my spot in a group could very easily be taken by a p2w player who has put no effort in at end game were as i have farmed dungeons every single day for months to get this stuff.   

Characters~~~Legolis~~~lvl49

_________ ~~~Legonub~~~lvl13

#2 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:47

Eldevin is Cool!

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:57

Not many group for ICC run's - Limited CC - how long take for spawn - find group in genral -

3 set done - Bought from sell of gem drop from CC -

True one who has cash to burn can get every thing with little no effort genral means for any game - Money burn people willing sell open market nothing limited some one from spending 1000$ of dollors get few items - many game has Cash cow's keep game afoalt - then there are those who don't spend cent on game still make 1000$ of of in game item's some one spend - real world money on at same played game smart - Work for what thay have at the end of day all work for same gear - item's

Eldevin has nothing to offer for Payed player other then saved time find out after sapending 1000$ on game leve in money bord out there minds.

Vs one did work for there gear spend last 6 months get - Still here vs one drop all that cash in game on to another game.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2015 - 13:01

In my opinion, these players who purchase EP with their own money gain time. They have no other advantage that non-EP players can't get otherwise. 

If you want to obtain your items for free (without a cost), then it will take time. Unless you save up the EP. Or trade with items. 

Oh and apparently level 49 gear isn't exactly required for level 50. There are a few players who believe it to be possible still with level 45 gear. Just harder.

Edited by Spirit, 25 October 2015 - 13:09.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#5 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 13:06

P2w would be something like where you pay real life cash to get exclusive items that boost you or your gear.

People just pay for faster progress. That's like stabbing yourself. Game has so limited end-game right now that collecting u rems/infernal stuff is something u do while waiting for more content. Eventually they will just stand there with a lot of EP and best gear possible. Praise them for keeping game up and running, while u actually have fun.

This thing wont change in future either, so just swallow it and try not to choke:)

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#6 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 13:10

Pointless to even post here dude. The forums are outnumbered by people who just don't care what happens in eldevin as long as they have their 10 alts hoovering up ep in sales and rotating those alts with their crews. Or are indeed the ones buying said mats so enjoy the instant power.

The pop is so drained now all you have is people who just want to be the big fish in the small pond. You are talking to the convinced that eldevin is fine as is. There is also just the people who support hcs and therefore have only slight complaints if something is wrong or will support them no matter what.

The fail was assuming large amounts of alts in a small 3 server game was a good idea among many other numerous things. Just look through the forums at the many warning signs.

Edited by HappyDays, 25 October 2015 - 13:15.

#7 NerdyNeko

NerdyNeko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2015 - 13:23

Not this nonsense again..

#8 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2015 - 15:21

don't really see the point of this post, yeah someone can just buy mats to make all the gear but it's the ones selling who are helping them, so you can't blame the people who put money into the game buying ep and buying items. i my self don't sell stuff as i need it for my alts, but yes it may take a while to get all the mats yourself but at least you know you did it the hard way and not the easy way. :)

#9 Removed431723

Removed431723

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 15:22

In my opinion, these players who purchase EP with their own money gain time. They have no other advantage that non-EP players can't get otherwise. 

If you want to obtain your items for free (without a cost), then it will take time. Unless you save up the EP. Or trade with items. 

Oh and apparently level 49 gear isn't exactly required for level 50. There are a few players who believe it to be possible still with level 45 gear. Just harder.

I know that it would be harder with lvl45 gear but unless the bosses can put out so much aoe damage that the healer just cant handle healing the dps then fair enough. If you can do ICC with fair gems then you can probably do lvl50 dungeons with some high tier gems.

#10 Removed431723

Removed431723

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 15:23

Edited by Legolis1234, 25 October 2015 - 15:24.

#11 Removed431723

Removed431723

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 15:25

don't really see the point of this post, yeah someone can just buy mats to make all the gear but it's the ones selling who are helping them, so you can't blame the people who put money into the game buying ep and buying items. i my self don't sell stuff as i need it for my alts, but yes it may take a while to get all the mats yourself but at least you know you did it the hard way and not the easy way. :)

The point is that hopefully HCS will listen to the Eldevin community for once and find a way to make the game a bit less p2w, not that they listen to us anyways.

Edited by Legolis1234, 25 October 2015 - 15:26.

#12 NerdyNeko

NerdyNeko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2015 - 15:31

The point is that hopefully HCS will listen to the Eldevin community for once and find a way to make the game a bit less p2w, not that they listen to us anyways.

I dont see problem how things is now.. to fix your problem.. make everything bound, never trade with anyone :P

#13 Crasken

Crasken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 15:40

I know that it would be harder with lvl45 gear but unless the bosses can put out so much aoe damage that the healer just cant handle healing the dps then fair enough. If you can do ICC with fair gems then you can probably do lvl50 dungeons with some high tier gems.

Not really the best comparison since ranged DPS can avoid all damage in ICC making defense gems completely useless there (in ideal run). It comes down to those AOE-attacks you mentioned. Also if mobs are especially hard to group up and tank tends to lose aggro on several ranged mobs for example healer might not be able to keep you alive. But then again, if you're running with 45 gear you probably aren't on top of the threat table.

#14 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2015 - 16:26

It's not pay to win, but pay to save time. Which is a big difference, because you can get the mentioned items with pure grinding 24/7. What bothers most of players (including me) is higher in the levels we get the more grinding it requires. I personally think 22.500 artisan awards needed for infernal weapons is ridiculous.

People with special builds like me who like to experiment won't get any ICC runs for infernal flakes, because everyone is looking for the best DPS dealers or tanks. I would appretiate another way to get flakes or better rewards for dailies.

#15 Iwashi

Iwashi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 18:54

^ And all of this collides with the elitism... People just want to group with the best players for those fast and easy runs, and with a low population and "crews" already established...  :rolleyes:

Iwashi: Prophmage

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆Gathering☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
Crystal Cutting:19 - Farming:27 - Fishing:32 - Foraging:32 - Forestry:32 - Prostecting:30 - Skinning:17

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆Crafting☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
Alchemy:32 - Armorsmithign:10 - Cooking:33 - Jewelry:17 - Leatherworking:10 - Tailoring:20 - Weaponsmithing:23

#16 ordinaryfunguy

ordinaryfunguy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 21:47

Eldevin is Cool!

YES!

<html>

<head>

<title>WAAAAAA?</title>

</head>

<body>

<p>uPdAtE pLeAsE</p>

</body>

</html>

#17 ordinaryfunguy

ordinaryfunguy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 21:56

lego, the game should not be about gear, it should be skill :)   if you inspect me, i got crap things and a messed up jewelry set. Im not bothering getting the infernal set and the 49 set on ofg, too expensive >_< but my noob dps might get it (OI GIVE ME FREE ANCIENT CORES AND HEARTLY PELTS!) TBH Everything in my world is expensive

<html>

<head>

<title>WAAAAAA?</title>

</head>

<body>

<p>uPdAtE pLeAsE</p>

</body>

</html>

#18 Brenzlo Xate

Brenzlo Xate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:24

:o Eldevin is p2w???

Lego bud, I think I might be playing a different version of Eldevin.  ;)

In my own perspective, a p2w game is a game wherein there are items that offer a great deal of advantage and can only be obtained via a Cash Shop through the use of real money. Especially if there were gears that can only be obtained through real money then that's what makes a game p2w.

So far, the only real advantage that the game gives to its subscribers or ep buyers is "Time". Which is just fair imo, cuz the same people are practically the ones keeping the game away from shutting down and none of us would want the game to go away. Also in most cases the same people who can spend in money on the game are the ones who don't have as much time to play the game cuz they have jobs or businesses etc.

I've seen a lot of really p2w games out there, and Eldevin in my honest opinion isn't one of em, not even close. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be here playing the game everyday.  :)

2skye6m.png

#19 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:20

I haven't spent any money on the game nor do i trade a lot and it took me from official release to get to where I where I am :)

Took me ages to hit 45 but that was due to the way I levelled

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#20 ordinaryfunguy

ordinaryfunguy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:54

Took me ages to hit 45 but that was due to the way I levelled

luke how long :o   it took me 4-5 months

<html>

<head>