Photo

Game Update 1.03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:23

• The Butcher and Fishmonger have run out of stock of high level gathered items.

I have to say this is very nearly a step to far for me.  Yet another major quest line that requires yet another utterly boring profession to be developed.

Please reconsider pushing "high level" a bit higher, and allowing the fishmonger to continue to stock tuna so that the crimson macabre quest line can be opened without having to spend an age learning fishing.

If there were a working player market place then this would not be so bad - but there isn't yet.

As it stands, the eldevin army quest book requires prospecting 16 and forestry 16, crimson macabre requires fishing 16, the Ilaneska quest book requires farming 16 - and this REALLY makes me wonder where all the fun has gone.

I can see the value of including up to level 8 professions in the early quests - they are relatively quickly attainable and do let people discover what value there is in the quests. But level 16 really does take a lot of drudgery, and having to do that in multiple professions - or have many important quest lines blocked - is  a major turnoff.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#62 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:35

Dailies used to reset twice a day, but did not this evening.  Is that a fix???

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#63 Aelfric

Aelfric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:27

I have to say this is very nearly a step to far for me.  Yet another major quest line that requires yet another utterly boring profession to be developed.

Please reconsider pushing "high level" a bit higher, and allowing the fishmonger to continue to stock tuna so that the crimson macabre quest line can be opened without having to spend an age learning fishing.

If there were a working player market place then this would not be so bad - but there isn't yet.

As it stands, the eldevin army quest book requires prospecting 16 and forestry 16, crimson macabre requires fishing 16, the Ilaneska quest book requires farming 16 - and this REALLY makes me wonder where all the fun has gone.

I can see the value of including up to level 8 professions in the early quests - they are relatively quickly attainable and do let people discover what value there is in the quests. But level 16 really does take a lot of drudgery, and having to do that in multiple professions - or have many important quest lines blocked - is  a major turnoff.

Easy. What you can do is buy them off players who do grind those skill. That way gold is circulated among players rather than being dumped.

#64 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:20

Besides the fish that I bought from the vendor, I've managed to buy the necessary items from other players fairly easily, just shouting in the World Chat that I need a number of this or that. Didn't even need to make threads in the marketplace forum. (It could help to offer a little more silver than what the items usually go for in the market, since you're buying a small amount.)

Dailies used to reset twice a day, but did not this evening.  Is that a fix???

They've always reset once a day.  :blink:

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#65 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:56

Easy. What you can do is buy them off players who do grind those skill. That way gold is circulated among players rather than being dumped.

It may be the times of day I play, and compounded by the small player base at present, but I have found  it difficult/slow to find players willing and able to supply those needs.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#66 Vladimir00

Vladimir00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:28

Shouldn't the starting bronze weapons cost 6 bars and 1 stone to craft, like the starting copper weapons?

It just seems really dumb that those weapons cost twice the materials to craft as the starting bronze armor, yet give about the same xp.

#67 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 21:51

could higher tier potions be removed from the potion vendors?

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#68 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:20

Will there be documentation for the upcoming maintenance?

Thanks LT!

Edited by Loaf, 16 January 2014 - 15:34.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#69 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:26

Will there be documentation for the upcoming maintenance?

Yes there will be posting it shortly.

#70 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:30

could higher tier potions be removed from the potion vendors?

why? potions in eldevin shop have worse stats than crafted and higher price than crafted on market.

style5,Majjer.png

#71 newedition04

newedition04

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:39

yes it would be really nice to be able to see the hole layout of the world by moving up and down 

#72 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 18:43

Shouldn't the starting bronze weapons cost 6 bars and 1 stone to craft, like the starting copper weapons?

It just seems really dumb that those weapons cost twice the materials to craft as the starting bronze armor, yet give about the same xp.

ain't copper "basic" and bronze "improved"? compare "improved" with "improved". Ignore if i'm wrong.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: