• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Akalas

Akalas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 19:09

The new heavy armor set gives 115 more vitalitty than the light armor one. I understand wanting to give melees more hp but this is a huge amount and therefore a huge buff, I wouldn't say for example that warriors were underpowered compared to other classes before this.

Even so, I wouldn't have a problem with it if light armor at least got a similar energy bonus instead of vit and medium armor was half/half. I'm still content with my armor and I know the existing armor probably won't be changed, I just hope this will be taken into consideration for the eventual level 50 end-game armor.

If you're gonna give heavy armor a ton of extra stats, either give us other stats like energy or make it take fewer resources to craft, 3k hp is not minor.

Edited by Akalas, 14 July 2015 - 19:14.

#2 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2015 - 16:06

agreed heavy armour should give hp and the other armour should give energy

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#3 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2015 - 17:18

Thanks for the feedback on this, there could be slight bonuses to add to the medium and light sets to offset the extra HP the heavy guys gain. I'd be interested in hearing any ideas you might have.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2015 - 21:18

I think what akalas suggested is good. Mana bonus to light. And half half bonus to medium

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2015 - 22:39

Thanks for the feedback on this, there could be slight bonuses to add to the medium and light sets to offset the extra HP the heavy guys gain. I'd be interested in hearing any ideas you might have.

I think what akalas suggested is good. Mana bonus to light. And half half bonus to medium

Heavy armour = lots of hp

Medium = Half energy half hp

Light = lots of energy

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

#6 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 00:07

agreed.

remove slow roll on 49 belt!

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2015 - 13:34

Everyone is saying medium 50/50.  Perhaps that works best for PvP or the assassin, but as a PvE ranger I really don't need that much more HP.  The energy is far more useful to a PvE ranger.

No reason I can see that the two medium sets need be the same bonuses.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 20:12

I don't think if 50/50 on medium armors is a good idea for assassins in PvE.

We are melee class, we also need to tank some AOE damage from both mobs and bosses such as LC, spires, bombs and fulmination. We have dodges, but those dodging skills lasted for a short duration and long cool down. And if we use Soul Fire to reset the cool down, it costs us to burn more mana and -20% mana consumable doesn't help us much.

There are some AOE damage that cannot be dodge such as LC and puddles, and dodges are messy sometimes.

I don't know if dodges work against Engulf.

My idea for medium armors if you want to make it to 50/50

Give Assassins more defense because we fight in front line. I don't now much about rangers. All they do is just "pew pew" without worrying much about AOE damage would kill them :P

#9 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2015 - 21:38

agreed.

remove slow roll on 49 belt!

YES ! make belt rolls optional or remove them

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

#10 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2015 - 21:44

this is fairly pointless,because no matter what you cater to one group...pve or pvp...just give each individual class a decision upon equipping the set on whether they want all life/mana/or mix....and there is a reason for this,being that certain builds can use certain aspects to better them. example being warsins that drain all mana in 4 attacks lol...this would give them the ability for 2 more attacks before needing to pot or basic for a minute. etc...

(Also this would bring actual value to end lvl crafting) especially if you could rework armor using 1/4 natural prod resources to reroll the extra stats of their choice. when equipping the set could be labeled (Health set) (mana set) (mixed set) that way when you reroll or rework...it is bound to the set type you chose.

Edited by HuMoR, 16 July 2015 - 21:46.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#11 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 17 July 2015 - 13:42

this is fairly pointless,because no matter what you cater to one group...pve or pvp...just give each individual class a decision upon equipping the set on whether they want all life/mana/or mix....and there is a reason for this,being that certain builds can use certain aspects to better them. example being warsins that drain all mana in 4 attacks lol...this would give them the ability for 2 more attacks before needing to pot or basic for a minute. etc...

(Also this would bring actual value to end lvl crafting) especially if you could rework armor using 1/4 natural prod resources to reroll the extra stats of their choice. when equipping the set could be labeled (Health set) (mana set) (mixed set) that way when you reroll or rework...it is bound to the set type you chose.

I think i like this idea, just not sure what you mean by the last line - do you mean if you choose all health and then reroll that you can choose on re-equip whether to choose all hp, 50/50 or all mana again.

Or do you mean that on the reroll you are stuck with the original choice of all HP...

Because i support being able to fully reroll, not sure about the 2nd ;)  :P  

#12 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 July 2015 - 13:57

I think i like this idea, just not sure what you mean by the last line - do you mean if you choose all health and then reroll that you can choose on re-equip whether to choose all hp, 50/50 or all mana again.

Or do you mean that on the reroll you are stuck with the original choice of all HP...

Because i support being able to fully reroll, not sure about the 2nd ;)  :P  

meaning you can completely reroll to different of the three sets.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#13 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 17 July 2015 - 14:11

meaning you can completely reroll to different of the three sets.

Well then i luff the idea - adds a nice amount of versatility to (current & future) sets :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: