KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:43

https://forums.hunte...in-some-quests/

Someone brought up spam clicking quest items to do the quests. Crimson HQ and BT (among other places/quests) was brought up. HQ is hard for some people and its rarely done in groups. While in BT, once a week, the quest is doable and usually a lot of people has to click the flags. For HQ, the quest is a 1 time thing never to be done again and for BT is once a week where people have to run in crews in order to do it. Yes, spam clicking helps to get the quest done faster but what is there else to gain from it especially in BT where almost everyone has to do it. For the sake of convenience and ease, leave the flags the way they are. There's no danger of these items being exploited for personal gain other than letting everyone getting the quests done in a timely matter.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:52

Or if you have to change it, make it similar to totems in RG where everyone will get a flag burn +1 if any member of the group burns one.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:57

I can tell you one thing if I run that as a tank and Im gonna wait for people to click the flag Im gonna kick them from team. I dont have the patience to wait forever till everyone get burned with their flags. Or get rid of the quest and have us kill jazzhands instead. 

#4 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:57

Or if you have to change it, make it similar to totems in RG where everyone will get a flag burn +1 if any member of the group burns one.

Since I'm out of likes, I will simply say that I support this idea if they have to change it.

#5 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:01

I can tell you one thing if I run that as a tank and Im gonna wait for people to click the flag Im gonna kick them from team. I dont have the patience to wait forever till everyone get burned with their flags. Or get rid of the quest and have us kill jazzhands instead. 

Agreed

#6 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:01

From what I read, not everyone could spam click it... so wouldn't that be the reason why for the fix?

As for BT, never tried that so... dunno how that is supposed to work.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#7 CandyCandy

CandyCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • France

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:09

They can put less flag.. like 5 flag ! it will be more fine than 14 !
  • KeS likes this

Goodbye everybody, I may come back in the game in 2058 biggrin.png

#8 NerdyNeko

NerdyNeko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:24

You can just burn the flags after you cleared bt and all or burn them while tank is pulling mobs.. Why do people make this little thing like its most important thing in game?

#9 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 13:58

CHICKENS !

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#10 CandyCandy

CandyCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • France

Posted 25 July 2015 - 14:11

:ph34r:

#11 FuusRoDah

FuusRoDah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 15:47

From what I read, not everyone could spam click it... so wouldn't that be the reason why for the fix?

As for BT, never tried that so... dunno how that is supposed to work.

on the forum thread we were trying to make it seem as though it wasnt a bug. everyone can do it

• KeS likes this

#12 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 16:10

You can just burn the flags after you cleared bt and all or burn them while tank is pulling mobs.. Why do people make this little thing like its most important thing in game?

Because it will take like 10 minutes or something for all 5 to get all their flags burned. I wanna kill stuff not wait for flags to get back. 

• KeS likes this

#13 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 16:42

The same thing can be said about some of the updates in the game.....if something is not broken, why try to fix it?

#14 CandyCandy

CandyCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • France

Posted 25 July 2015 - 17:31

For the 14 flags I would submit the idea ... To share the clique for all members of the group !!! like totems RG ...
Because ... as has corrected something malfunctioning , as well fix it !

It's like the RG , there are 7 totems in the dungeon and must be 10 click !! we must correct this quest and put only 7 totem in the quest because it forces us to redo several times the dungeon !

#15 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2015 - 19:02

(You guys had me fooled :( lol)

Again this is directed towards spam-clicking and not BT's issue.

It does not make sense to light/gather/collect one item multiple times. It's like as if you are obtaining duplicate items then you shouldn't have had in the first place.

So I doubt the staff would ever revert this bug fix.

--

As for BT, it does sound like a pain.. if assuming the flags are placed in different locations... and isn't this a weekly quest? If so, then you do have a week to complete it. If it is a daily, then yeah that would make sense...

Edit: never mind, post says once a week.

Edited by Spirit, 25 July 2015 - 19:05.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#16 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2015 - 20:22

It does not make sense to light/gather/collect one item multiple times. It's like as if you are obtaining duplicate items then you shouldn't have had in the first place.

Its only for a quest that you can get once a week and you have to be in a group to do. The way it is, you can get the quest done faster and all in 1 run compared to RG (as candy stated, it need some changes). Now if they make will burning the flags applies to all, then I have no complaints. There's nothing else to be gained from this other than "hey quest done"

#17 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2015 - 21:25

I see HCS locked the bug report on this issue, saying it will be fixed in the next patch.

Message to HCS:  Can you please respond to this thread?  If you're going to change it, are you considering any of the suggestions here?  As was said many times, changing this arbitrarily makes BT more difficult without adding anything.  Actually, 'more difficult' is the wrong word here.  Should say a PITA.

Please don't ignore your player base (again).  Tell us what's going on.  And more important, if you're not considering what was said here, why?

(I have no problem with fixing this in C HQ, as it just raises the quest to the intended challenge.  It's BT I'm concerned with.)

Re:  The realism argument.  IMHO, the main concern should be fun game play.  If we're really concerned with realism much of the game needs a rewrite :).

Edited by Irradiated, 26 July 2015 - 21:30.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#18 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:08

This bug is absolutely being fixed. In fact, the way is has been done up until now is considered an exploit. We intended for you to have to go into BT more than once in the week, which is why that quest is not a daily. We feel that the rewards are worth more than making a group with someone and spam-clicking the first flag in the dungeon (which is entirely possible and something we'd prefer to avoid).

Judging from the initial thread it also seems this doesn't work for everyone. We want the game to be on a level playing field, so we're correcting the quest so that everyone has to do the same thing. I understand that it's an increase in effort, as it'll take more of your time to do, but it really was never supposed to be such a faceroll.

As of this week's update, the quest will be exactly as it is now. That is aside from the ability to spam-click the flags. If people still feel strongly about these quests given a few weeks of doing it, we can look at applying some of the suggestions in this thread. For example, I'm not averse to letting a flag count for the group. However, this would be a more substantial change to the quest that we don't really have time to apply before the summer event.

There are two other quests that will be affected by this fix. I can't really see them undergoing any further changes.

#19 TimeWillTell

TimeWillTell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:34

Judging from the initial thread it also seems this doesn't work for everyone. We want the game to be on a level playing field, so we're correcting the quest so that everyone has to do the same thing. I understand that it's an increase in effort, as it'll take more of your time to do, but it really was never supposed to be such a faceroll.

It worked for everyone trust me, these guys were just playing around saying it didn't as literally noone would be interested in going to BT more than once during the week and having to click so many flags.

#20 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:50

Ill simply just kick players who take flag before me then:) I already have to do this with 16 chars a week:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: