#2 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2015 - 19:16

crashed again at end of 3v4 match when team was short. seems no crash in log though

Spoiler

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 October 2015 - 19:17

Crash on me as well End of PvP rightbefore get creadit for pvp match - suck's

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2015 - 13:23

ok happened twice now today game has crashed when pvp queue has got to 8, getting pretty sick of it now as it crash's my pc as i can't start task master after it happens so need to reboot the pc.

Spoiler

#5 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2015 - 16:51

ok pvp queue again when reached 8 in queue.

Spoiler

#6 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:31

If you have multiple logs relating to the same issue, please try to keep them all to one thread. It helps with diagnosing the problem as the information is all in one place. I've gone ahead and merged the threads for you and added spoiler tags to make the thread quicker to scroll through.

Incidentally, it would probably help if it were logged into our ticket system. (If there's one already and I've glanced over it, PM me with the ticket number.) Then it goes on somebody's to-do list.

Thanks very much for the reports, we do appreciate everything you can give us to help track these issues down!

#7 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:58

i haven't sent ticket as it says post bugs in forum on support and when i last talked on the forum someone asked for the logs after it crashed.i made fresh post as i wasn't getting a reply and new the only way for fast response would be by doing that. hope this gets looked at when you have time as if i have to keep pressing the rest button on my pc it's going to start damaging it and i can't see me being pleased then. lol  i think why i have to press the restart button is that when it crash's it won't let me use task master in win 10 and freeze's the pc and never had that problem in win 8.

i'll post logs every time i get a crash and with the pvp match's getting more and more so will the posts.  and thanks

it was cygnus who asked for logs and that was on the post complete client freeze yesterday.

Edited by sdcrichy, 13 October 2015 - 09:01.

#8 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:21

i haven't sent ticket as it says post bugs in forum on support

There's actually a category for crashes/freezes as we consider those higher priority than regular bugs. But, as I say, thanks for sticking with us on this. :)

#9 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:32

So, I had a quick chat to Cygnus to let him know this was an ongoing issue for you. There is a fix for this ready to go with our next update which should be some time this month.

#10 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:42

I also had this crash alot so thats why I havent done pvp much lately

#11 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:19

nice to see you have fix ready to go, is this a fix for all crash's or just the pvp queue when it reach's 8? as there are a few different times it crash's or is it same problem?

#12 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 13:29

nice to see you have fix ready to go, is this a fix for all crash's or just the pvp queue when it reach's 8? as there are a few different times it crash's or is it same problem?

This is specifically regarding the pvp queue crash. They may well be related, but we'd have to do some testing to get to the bottom of the end of match crashes.

#13 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 13:32

ok hope it fix's both but if not it only crash's at the end when a team is short so either didn't make it into pvp area because they was changing area's when all acceptted match or some one dc's/logs out match to leave the match say 4v3.

#14 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 13:45

Does it cost money to release a patch to a game on steam or something ?? HCS seem to be bundling updates together to release ?? Does it save on money. 

#15 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 17:08

Does it cost money to release a patch to a game on steam or something ?? HCS seem to be bundling updates together to release ?? Does it save on money. 

Can't speak for HCS or Steam specifically, answer based on many years of development experience.

Releases generally have no or minimal direct costs (e.g. may have to pay the server company for tech support).  But they are expensive indirectly, as they takes a fair amount of time from several people.  This is further complicated when it's going to a live server (as opposed to a downloadable package).

Just a few of the major steps involved:

*  Compile all the changes that are going with this release

*  Put together a deployment package that minimizes downtime

*  Install and test on a local server

*  Install and test on a remote server

*  Arrange and perform actual release, including some basic testing (will it run).

*  Repeat above for multiple platforms in close coordination so they all release simultaneously when servers restarted.

*  Release notes

*  The (almost) inevitable rush of bugs (inevitable for virtually all companies  these days, there was once a time when this wasn't true.)

• KeS likes this

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt