21 replies to this topic

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:12

I would like a new option for daily quests that allows you to reset the daily quest you are offered for the day.

It would be a button that costs gold to use and each use randomly gives a new daily quest as long as you have not collected the reward from your daily quest yet.

My thoughts on how it could work:

-allowed to reset up to 5x per day

-cost 100gold * level / #reset
Example: level 1000 3rd reset would cost 33,333 gold to get a new daily quest. If they did the reset all 5 times it would cost a total of 228,333 gold

each reset would have no guarantee the quest is better or worse.

I generally log in check my daily quest and if it sucks log off, if its decent I may decide to play a little longer. This option at least gives people the possibility to play the game more and sink some gold at the same time.

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:21

This idea would encourage more people to do daily quests. I'd love a reset option every once in awhile. Also nice gold sink gold is getting up there.

#3 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:09

At some point I believe they approved a second chance at DQ's. On the list of many things post app I think.

But I do agree entirely with your post. Obviously you can just skip the ones we don't like but as it's supposed to encourage activity that isn't a great solution IMO.

A reset would be nice to have. I'd use it on almost every break down quest and anything involving tokens. :P

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:30

Personally, I think the reset cost is too low, but otherwise, I guess I could run with an option such as this.

I'd hike the cost tho by a factor of 10 ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:08

Personally, I think the reset cost is too low, but otherwise, I guess I could run with an option such as this.

agree, after looking at the formula suggested it costs less after every reset, I would rather it was how a composing reset is costed, doubles everytime it is used

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:53

Hi there.

This is an idea we have looked at. I'd like to see it implemented in the future.

~ Grim

#7 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 13:58

I did initially have a formula that got more expensive after each reset, but the cost got ridiculous and would just make more sense to buy the reward in upgrades then pay to hopefully get a new quest.

It is not like paying the gold gets you anything better or worse, just something different. So if you want people to sink gold make the cost appeal to the masses and keep people playing.

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 16:42

I did initially have a formula that got more expensive after each reset, but the cost got ridiculous and would just make more sense to buy the reward in upgrades then pay to hopefully get a new quest.

It is not like paying the gold gets you anything better or worse, just something different. So if you want people to sink gold make the cost appeal to the masses and keep people playing.

I agree we do not need something scaling like composing where hardly anyone uses it past the second batch... Maybe not even the first. To be an effective sink it needs to be affordable

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 January 2019 - 16:43.

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2019 - 18:20

Umm, I disagree, it SHOULD get more expensive each time you reject a DQ - after all, with VERY few exceptions, they're all pretty easy to do - it's just that some of us don't do certain ones 'cos of varying reasons.

At the moment, I think the system is fine ... if you don't like it, don't do it ... but if there's to be a "reset" then it should either be ONCE per day at a price determined by player level, or, if multiple options, getting more expensive each time ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 18:58

With his suggestion your limited to 5 trys. If the formula ends up being millions it wont be used.

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2019 - 19:42

With his suggestion your limited to 5 trys. If the formula ends up being millions it wont be used.

Easy solution, limit it to a maximum of 3 resets then, instead of 5 :)

Make it 50g * Level for the first reset
75g * Level for the second 

and 100g * Level for the third

So, 200K gold for a Level 4K player to change it once, 300K for the 2nd time and 400K for the third and final time.

I doubt there's a single player at EOC that couldn't afford that if they didn't want to :)

Edited by Pardoux, 18 January 2019 - 19:48.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 19:54

Easy solution, limit it to a maximum of 3 resets then, instead of 5 :)

Make it 50g * Level for the first reset
75g * Level for the second 

and 100g * Level for the third

So, 200K gold for a Level 4K player to change it once, 300K for the 2nd time and 400K for the third and final time.

I doubt there's a single player at EOC that couldn't afford that if they didn't want to :)

Whatever it is i just want there to be a skip option. I don't see why higher levels need to pay more. They are getting the same daily quests and the same rewards.

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2019 - 20:19

Whatever it is i just want there to be a skip option. I don't see why higher levels need to pay more. They are getting the same daily quests and the same rewards.

You liked Leo's initial suggestion, and that was a fee based on levels ;)

All that said, I'd just be happy with SOME changes being made to the game mechanics and not EVERYTHING on hold until the APP which is taking longer than the Palaelithic era LOL

#14 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 January 2019 - 20:38

250k or 1fsp and only 1 re roll per 24 hrs 

5aZzW0p.png,

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 20:39

You liked Leo's initial suggestion, and that was a fee based on levels ;)

All that said, I'd just be happy with SOME changes being made to the game mechanics and not EVERYTHING on hold until the APP which is taking longer than the Palaelithic era LOL

Didn't catch it gave it a quick peak last night before bed... Although if it's practically negligible i wouldn't care but having to pay like half a million more would seem steep to me. We are paying for the same exact service on top of that gold formula isn't that much better at all up here. Maybe if our stamina would give higher levels more gold maybe.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 January 2019 - 20:41.

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 January 2019 - 20:44

just looked back and found this 

https://forums.hunte...&hl=daily quest

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 21:46

Gold sink would be good as a FSP sink is actually not very good for the game IMO.

#18 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:30

Perhaps a fee structure similar to crafting. The more you spend, the better your odds of getting a higher level DQ. For example, 25K and odds are you will get a common DQ. 100K to up your odds of a legendary. No guarantees of level regardless of how much you spend, just increased odds, and fee is increased at all levels with every re-roll.

Screenshot everything!

#19 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:00

you folks are making it to complicated

gold or fsp ?? get 1 re roll thats it 

better or worse  thats the luck of the roll

Edited by activeh1, 19 January 2019 - 10:01.

5aZzW0p.png,

#20 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2019 - 14:09

how does this reset work? can a common task you don't like be reset to a legendary or only reset the reward and rarity stays the same?

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: