Photo

any composing tips?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 j3k

j3k

Posted 18 July 2014 - 20:55

with about 30k of both rare and common 

should i just do some 60XP pots til i get to level 10 or slowly go up with 20XP pots

i just wanna get to level 10 so i can do double pots at once 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 22:20

I have never done anything except 20XP pots unless it was something for my leveling.  I also instant finish only the 5K and 10K pots but slow and steady has gotten me to composing lvl 15.  Part of your answer will be how much gold you are willing to throw into composing to reach your goal?  Not much for me but a lot for others.  The other part of your answer is that 60XP pots don't just cost 3 times the frags of a 20XP pot, they are much higher.  If you are instant finishing more pots then you are going to burn through your frags (and gold) a lot faster than you might realize.  According to this page - http://wiki.fallensw...ing_XP.2FLevels - you need 20,250XP to get to lvl 10.  If you are starting at nothing it will take you 338 pots at 60 XP each.  338x126 commons each = 42,588 frags (plus the other frags needed for each pot).  Getting to lvl 10 with 20XP pots means you will have to make 1,013 pots at a cost of 6,078 common frags (and no other frags).  Quite a substantial difference but the ultimate decision is yours.  How much time and money do you want to throw at composing to reach your goal?

Edited by yotekiller, 18 July 2014 - 22:24.

Screenshot everything!

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 16:04

When grinding consistent I'll do a couple 50-60 xps with instant brew then when it gets too expensive I'll do more instant brews with 20 xps.. Then its 20 xps all day with a higher XP for the overnight brew.. Wake up and repeat.. But as yotekiller said, its all about how much gold and time you are willing to burn

#4 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 July 2014 - 21:29

I'm with Yote and not spending a mint on leveling in composing.
I've been doing 20 xp pots for a long time, but I do a weird combo of a 60 xp and 40 xp overnight. So before level 10, you could consider doing one 60 xp pot overnight. I started well after it all started and at level 20 now. Just plugging along, though going to not push quite as hard now as seems silly to do so when no buffs there and I really only wanted a few things anyway.

#5 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 22:02

20 xp pot are the way forward, cost 5k gold and use up 6 common fragments at a time. Create a potion that has 54 skill points spread over 3 skills (18 points in each skill) and make it last for 54 minutes. Rinse and repeat and maybe instant buy a few each day and finally put a big xp potion on over night as is suggested. This is how I got to level 27, which I achieved just the other day. I am not not progressing any further now I have both the coordinated buffs maxed at 250, which is all I really wanted from composing, well especially after seeing no further skills being input after level 20 that were apparently promised...

... I can however, state it has been a worthwhile adventure as I can now make many quality potions both for myself and my guild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: