25 replies to this topic

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 23:28

I know these are not out yet, but thought of a cool way that the rewards could be allocated to keep people interested in them and upgrading their characters at the same time by supporting HCS.

I think a perfect way to make these interesting to everyone is to give the rewards as percentages of player upgrades. The rewards are permanent upgrades that apply to your characters upgrades.

What does this mean? There would be a new section under character that would be for your quest rewards progress. (Profile, Skills, attributes, questbook, quest rewards, etc..) that tracks your daily quests progress for each type of quest.

Here are some examples of rewards that the cows could do for the quests:

Complete Quest A: Get   1/2% (.5%) increase to character Damage (Max 50%) (this would be applied to your level up points allocation to damage)

Complete Quest B: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character Attack (Max 50%) (this would be applied to your level up points allocation to attack)

Complete Quest C: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character max stam (Max 50%) This would be a percentage boost to how ever much you have upgraded your character Stamina.

Example if A players Max stamina was 10,000 and they had accumulated a 10% boost from daily quests their total max stam would now be 11,000.

Complete Quest D: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character component inventory (Max 50%)

Example if Player has 100 component slots and has accumulated 10% boost they would have a total of 110 slots.

Complete Quest E: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character Backpack (Max 50%)

Complete Quest F: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character Defense (Max 50%)

Complete Quest G: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character Stamina Gain (Max 50%)

Complete Quest H: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character Armor (Max 50%)

Complete Quest I: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character Max Auctions (Max 50%)

Complete Quest J: 1/2% (.5%) increase to character composing slots (Max 50%)

With these 10 different quests offered in random order it would take 1000 total quests to max out any of the rewards.

It should keep people interested in obtaining the rewards as they are directly related to their character upgrades. So as new players upgrade their character they will see more and more benefits from keeping up with the quests. It will also keep the established players interested and upgrading their characters as they will also enjoy the benefits of keeping up with the daily quests.

Edited by Leos3000, 30 August 2016 - 23:28.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2016 - 23:54

I can see that a lot of thought has gone into this Leo, but I'm gonna say no regardless.

Daily quests are meant to give the same reward to each person who does 'em (so I believe). Your take on it, potentially, gives FAR more to the "have" players than the "have nots" for exactly the same "investment".

To use your example above,

Player A (a "have", with 1000 BP slots) does Quest E 100 times and gains 500 BP slots

Player B (a "have not", with 20 BP slots) puts in exactly the same amount of work, and benefits by a whole 10 BP slots.

All your idea will do it massively widen the gap between "Have" and "Have Not" players and that, IMO, is a really bad idea.

Edited by Pardoux, 30 August 2016 - 23:57.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:06

But you are forgetting something para...It increases the benefit and incentive to upgrade for the "Have Not's" They will see alot more progress per upgrade making the game alot more "fun" to them in a sense.

#4 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:12

Neh, to me this does not make sense, reward vs effort should be equal for all players. 

Besides, even if something like this would happen, it would be far easier to reward fsp for the dailies.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:48

But you are forgetting something para...It increases the benefit and incentive to upgrade for the "Have Not's" They will see alot more progress per upgrade making the game alot more "fun" to them in a sense.

I wasn't forgetting that at all - I just think it's a very bad idea.

Level 1 spends/uses 1K stamina - gets 5 max stam, for instance - so should a Level 3K spending/using 1K stamina.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:32

I wasn't forgetting that at all - I just think it's a very bad idea.

Level 1 spends/uses 1K stamina - gets 5 max stam, for instance - so should a Level 3K spending/using 1K stamina.

I see the con's as well as the benefits. Agree somewhat to your stance though.

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:34

I can see this happening with a little change.

Since an extra point of Stamina Gain would be way too much for a single daily quest, maybe giving a % for each quest of that type completed, examples:

- D.Quest A - 20% towards a stamina gain upgrade (Complete this quest 5 times to gain an stamina gain upgrade, max 5 stamina gain total, after a player achieve those 5 upgrades that prize doesn't show to him anymore).

- D.Quest B - 50% towards a BP upgrade (Max 10 BPs)

- D.Quest C - 1 extra Component Slot upgrade (Max 20 Component slots)

- D.Quest D - 50 max stamina (unlimited)

- D.Quest E - 50% towards an AH Slot upgrade (Max 10 AH slots)

- D.Quest F - 50 Bounty Tickets. (Unlimited)

- D.Quest G - 2 FSPs. (Unlimited - That's a HUGE maybe, same for giving Gold as prize)

- D.Quest H - 50 Arena Tokens. (Unlimited)

- D.Quest I - 10% towards an extra Composing slot. (Max 1 Composing slot)

- D.Quest J - Fragment Stash. (Unlimited - Variety applied)

- D.Quest K - Special new Resource to create a BOUND LE Set, or a bound Epic. 

- D.Quest L - 50% Towards a XP Gain Upgrade. (Max 5)

- D.Quest M - 5 Ladder Tokens. (Unlimited)

- D.Quest N - 20% Towards an extra Bank Deposit Upgrade. (Max 2)

- D.Quest O - 100 Reserve Stamina. (Unlimited - MAYBE)

- D.Quest P - 50% Towards an extra Combat Setup slot. (Max 2)

- D.Quest Q - 50% Towards an extra Arena Moves setup. (Max 2)

- D.Quest R - 1 level increase on your PvP Range. (Max 10)

- D.Quest S - Potions (Unlimited - Nothing extremelly powerfull, but not useless)

-

Well, you guys get the idea...Btw, the number are completelly random, I could be completelly off the route here.

#8 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:00

Since an extra point of Stamina Gain would be way too much for a single daily quest, maybe giving a % for each quest of that type completed, examples:

- D.Quest A - 20% towards a stamina gain upgrade (Complete this quest 5 times to gain an stamina gain upgrade, max 5 stamina gain total, after a player achieve those 5 upgrades that prize doesn't show to him anymore).

- D.Quest B - 50% towards a BP upgrade (Max 10 BPs)

- D.Quest C - 1 extra Component Slot upgrade (Max 20 Component slots)

- D.Quest D - 50 max stamina (unlimited)

- D.Quest E - 50% towards an AH Slot upgrade (Max 10 AH slots)

- D.Quest F - 50 Bounty Tickets. (Unlimited)

- D.Quest G - 2 FSPs. (Unlimited - That's a HUGE maybe, same for giving Gold as prize)

- D.Quest H - 50 Arena Tokens. (Unlimited)

- D.Quest I - 10% towards an extra Composing slot. (Max 1 Composing slot)

- D.Quest J - Fragment Stash. (Unlimited - Variety applied)

- D.Quest K - Special new Resource to create a BOUND LE Set, or a bound Epic. 

- D.Quest L - 50% Towards a XP Gain Upgrade. (Max 5)

- D.Quest M - 5 Ladder Tokens. (Unlimited)

- D.Quest N - 20% Towards an extra Bank Deposit Upgrade. (Max 2)

- D.Quest O - 100 Reserve Stamina. (Unlimited - MAYBE)

- D.Quest P - 50% Towards an extra Combat Setup slot. (Max 2)

- D.Quest Q - 50% Towards an extra Arena Moves setup. (Max 2)

- D.Quest S - Potions (Unlimited - Nothing extremelly powerfull, but not useless)

-

Well, you guys get the idea...Btw, the number are completelly random, I could be completelly off the route here.

I like the ideas, well thought out!

#9 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 13:30

One level DEcrease I could go for :rolleyes:

More seriously, since not everyone likes PVP, one could make the attack range the sum of an attacker + target ranges and then supplement R with

- D.Quest T - 1 level DEcrease on your PvP Range. (PVP range becomes sum of attacker & target)

And, for this thread more generally...

We must remember both (i) that the more complicated the idea, the more complex and time consuming the code development required (ii) anything that dimishes the number of upgrades players BUY will shorten the life expectancy of FS, and (iii) any quest rewards that have a cap will have a finite lifetime, and passing that lifetime will create Angst sooner than you think..

#10 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 13:39

That is a bit part of the concept. Para is thinking instant benefit comparison.

Player a may have less of an upgrade now for the "reward" that day, but as they upgrade their character the quest rewards still apply to every fsp they put into their characters. In the long run it does balance itself out some.

The biggest thing is this rewards loyalty to the game, and actively playing and donating to the game. As you progress through the quests you get more bang for your buck.

This raises the value of fsp spent on a character over time equally for everyone. Which is much more fair to the community as a whole than just lowering the cost of upgrades for newer players.

In 3+ years of loyalty and doing all the daily quests you would be able to get 1.5x the value of fsp as when you 1st started buying upgrades. 2hich would be the same for everyone whether they spent 50 fsp in upgrades or 5,000.

#11 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 13:41

Essential your 10 fsp investment into your character now will be worth 15 in 3 years if you keep up with your daily quests. Which is equal for everyone.

No investment portfolio is the same, but we all have the opportunity to get the same rate of return in the long-term.

Edited by Leos3000, 31 August 2016 - 14:10.

#12 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 20:29

That is a bit part of the concept. Para is thinking instant benefit comparison.

Player a may have less of an upgrade now for the "reward" that day, but as they upgrade their character the quest rewards still apply to every fsp they put into their characters. In the long run it does balance itself out some.

The biggest thing is this rewards loyalty to the game, and actively playing and donating to the game. As you progress through the quests you get more bang for your buck.

This raises the value of fsp spent on a character over time equally for everyone. Which is much more fair to the community as a whole than just lowering the cost of upgrades for newer players.

In 3+ years of loyalty and doing all the daily quests you would be able to get 1.5x the value of fsp as when you 1st started buying upgrades. 2hich would be the same for everyone whether they spent 50 fsp in upgrades or 5,000.

Effort vs reward may be achieved in time with your idea, but not many players will reach that point. Hence I still do not like your idea.

Reward 1 fsp for each level gained, Bang, lot easier, same result, and loyalty gets rewarded.

No need for difficult implementations. 

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2016 - 21:14

1. Effort vs reward may be achieved in time with your idea, but not many players will reach that point. Hence I still do not like your idea.

2. Reward 1 fsp for each level gained, Bang, lot easier, same result, and loyalty gets rewarded.

No need for difficult implementations. 

1. Agreed. Should still be "equal effort, equal ACTUAL reward" (not percentage reward)

2. Not FSP's, Easy to implement, but the cows need to SELL fsps (sorry, GIVE fsp's in reward for donations) to keep the business afloat

Edited by Pardoux, 31 August 2016 - 21:14.

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 August 2016 - 21:45

The daily quests are not for us to profit from. They're supposed to be a reason to log in every day, to keep both new and veteran player interested, so they don't wander away. There are only a few left that were here when I began, most are long gone. So keeping all of us around is needed....

I'm sorry, Leo, your idea has some merit, but it kinda takes away from the reason for the quests.
Now, if quest rewards ended up being tokens, like the arena or ladder, and we could save up and purchase things of this nature, that might be more fair. However, I don't think our Cow gods intended this to be that complicated. Just simple quests with simple rewards, at least for a start.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 22:01

1. Agreed. Should still be "equal effort, equal ACTUAL reward" (not percentage reward)

2. Not FSP's, Easy to implement, but the cows need to SELL fsps (sorry, GIVE fsp's in reward for donations) to keep the business afloat

2nd point was not really a suggestion, just a way to show that there is a way more simpler solution to what they want.

Not sure if it is good or not. I think it may work for new players to keep them playing, but implementing it now would mean many players get thousands of fsp. Not sure if that would turn out well indeed.

#16 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:39

I don't really mind what's being handed out as prizes so far, or not much anyway. lol

I have near or just over 4 mil in pvp protection running, first player I'd hit and that would be gone.

I can't replace it, besides I'm not interested in pvp.

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:43

I don't really mind what's being handed out as prizes so far, or not much anyway. lol

I have near or just over 4 mil in pvp protection running, first player I'd hit and that would be gone.

I can't replace it, besides I'm not interested in pvp.

Then, don't do that one - problem solved.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat, so won't be doing PvP ones either ..

#18 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 22:03

I have under 2 hours for the  next one to show, I'm a bit excited and very curious. :)

#19 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 22:39

Just to point out the flaw in your reasoning here. With your logic we should all get 10xp for killing 50 critters in the numerous quests like that currently in the game instead of the scaled XP to the quest levels.

Or every creature should only give 1 gold instead of scaling up to 300 as a player progresses...

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 September 2016 - 22:51

These quests aren't designed to be game changing, or to increase our over all power. They're just a way to entice us to log in every day and do something while we wait for our stam banks to fill, so we can get down to business and grind out more levels.

Too many people are squawking they want more and more, yet when we get it, be it more powerful potions or, in this case, daily quests designed to make an otherwise boring wait more fun, people have problems with those. Either it's too much or too little or too something.

Have some fun people, stop and smell the cerulean roses. It's a game, an adventure in cyberspace. Nothing more.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: