Bump

#23 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 19:55

Speaking of new players.. This idea is on the roadmap somewhere.. 

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 December 2014 - 20:00

It would streamline things.  I still actively reach out to new players, and ninja buff as stam allows.  Twould be nice to be able to do it without leaving global chat.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#25 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 14:13

with the new Guest#'s this idea might not be aesthetically pleasing but there is still a great use for it..

#26 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2015 - 23:45

Perhaps this could be mentor helper room only for new players. I have witnessed many  new players trying to get help and get ignored and chat rolled by them in global chat.  So maybe an automatic login for mentors and new players.  The new players are protected up to 50 level if I remember on the last chat on the topic.  I think having option to have it on and off is good.   To keep new members many need to get help and guidance and guild homes to teach in some areas of the game. We all know the game resource guides really need updating too. I am still hunting and some areas are darn confusing and out of date in concept.  I hope that this will all help to retain new players. :) ;)

I  reread it was for lists on right side and yeah the chat area could be in this format with the suggestions I posted before.  I think a side chat not bad idea. 

Edited by bigchaos, 19 March 2015 - 23:49.

#27 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 21:41

To comment the initial idea. New players are easy enough to find through the online player list.

As a new player, I would not want a message bomb of all kinds of players that want to help or recruit me, as that is what this will cause.

What you need is to make it as easy as possible for new players to find their way to help, be it a mentor, global chat or a guild, but from within their perspective, not ours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: