BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:17

Hi there everyone!

Once again Oidhche Shamhna has arrived in the Realms. The Dead and Disturbing have risen again and it falls to the Warriors of the Realms to defend the innocent.

Pesky Spook
2580b12c7588c805632a95f6c3c6816903e3.jpg

Free Roaming Vapor
292728b60c8098fefa593db327ba702ddaf9.jpg

Both count as 1 Kill. 100 spawned per Realm. Requires the Shamhna Spooky Vision potion to see and Spook Smasher Caster to attack. Gained from the Quest 'Spook Smashers' which starts in the Cathedral of Ways, or can be repurchased by those who have completed that Quest in a new shop in Spook Central II.

Halloween Revenant
22717a6434ff5fd068634dc1f9e6516d46de.jpg

Counts as 2 Kills. 50 spawned per Realm.

Emaciated Fellow
2600bc11593bc516714fc0a39988475aad0a.jpg

Counts as 5 Kill. 15 spawned per Realm.

The latest Global Event in Fallen Sword is now underway! In the Event, the Community must work together to destroy the risen Dead plaguing the Realms.

Each player must earn a personal target for increasingly powerful potion rewards (mouse over the event info on the World page for more details) while also helping the Community to attain the best total kills possible, unlocking the rewards for all.

You'll want to complete the new Quest 'Spook Smashers II' to gain the new weapon needed to attack the 'Statue of Gurgriss' Wrath' titan.

Additionally, everyone who ranks in the Top 100 Contributors at the end of the event will get <b>100 Fallen Sword Points</b> added to their game account!

The Event shall be live until 15:00 GMT (Server Time) on  the 4th of November.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:20

Thanks for opening up a forum topic for this, BG.

Always love the Halloween events. Looking forward to participating in this one as well. Thanks!

#3 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:21

Nice! Will the legendary creatures be joining them too? :)

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:24

Nice! Will the legendary creatures be joining them too? :)

Yup. They'll appear in the next day or two.

#5 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:25

which weapon am i ment to use i bought both from the store new one is blue in colour

#6 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:28

awesome event :).. but the contribution required is far to high!!..

please lower it to 3k increments instead of 5k increments..

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:37

which weapon am i ment to use i bought both from the store new one is blue in colour

The Spook Smasher Caster is used against the Pesky Spook, Free Roaming Vapor, Emaciated Fellow and Tommy Aches.

The Spook Smasher Slime Spewer is used against Ovig the Despoiler and the Statue of Gurgriss' Wrath.

awesome event  :).. but the contribution required is far to high!!..

please lower it to 3k increments instead of 5k increments..

5,000 ought to be readily achievable over 5 days with the Global Booster potions.

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:39

Big thanks out to BG and the rest of the HCS team.

Happy Samhain to all and, of course, prosperous smacking! (o0

#9 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:43

5,000 ought to be readily achievable over 5 days with the Global Booster potions.

global events before allow players with low stamina to be able to get to ruby with just a bit more effort.. but with a 5k kill cap for just the bronze then its too difficult for a low level player to even reach silver at 10k.. even when given 5 days..

may a 4k increment per qualification cap would be better?

Edited by dannica2, 29 October 2013 - 17:51.

#10 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:45

The Spook Smasher Slime Spewer is used against Ovig the Despoiler and the Statue of Gurgriss' Wrath.

Should the full set be needed or just the helm? I was killing Ovig without the Robe and tried a few times without the helm and was still successful.

#11 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 17:47

Seems very high to me as well.  Might be attainable with the global booster (but this also saps stam at an alarming rate, no?) combined with the Fellow and Vapor.  

...AND a LE in the next couple days? Where is all this stamina coming from?  No my max stam, that's for sure.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:19

Should the full set be needed or just the helm? I was killing Ovig without the Robe and tried a few times without the helm and was still successful.

Helm? It's a weapon. Fixed! Ovig needs the Weapon to kill him. 

#13 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:21

5x24 = 120 120 x my stam gain 80 = 9600 i dont even see me making beyond gold  is my math right??

Edited by onray24, 29 October 2013 - 18:22.

#14 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:26

5x24 = 120 120 x my stam gain 80 = 9600 i dont even see me making beyond gold  is my math right??

Some kills count as 2x or 5x towards the global too

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:27

Hey. The amount is staying as it is for at least a couple of days. Do what you can and we'll see. It will NOT be changed now.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:56

Assuming (chuckle, chuckle) that previous responses aren't the typical "me, me... give me the win button" responses, here are some suggestions for dealing with events:

STAM:

Depending on your priorities you may well need more stam than what you currently have to do "some" things during this event.

I'll refer you to the Upgrades section where you can purchase stamina for gold (up to a certain point) and for FSP (to an unlimited amount).

For the record, I'm not a pay-to-win player and actually hunted yesterday despite being extremely certain that the event would begin today.

Forgetting all about players that have over 100k max stamina or how keeping them busy can help you via gold sink, you may feel free to go out and start your own game where you expect to be able to complain about all those that use real cash to get ahead in games while completely ignoring that, thanks to them, you are playing for free.

Do I think it's "fair"? Actually, I do. Of course, I live in a place called Earth which is where that's how things work. I have been playing for six years and have yet to see some starving kid from Africa coming online and complaining about prices... but hey, maybe I've just missed them. *Please note that I have purposely not placed any funny, joking faces here*

PRIORITIES:

Two chomper events, a Halloween Event, a pending LE... and then Bonfire should be here... hmm... here's the content roadmap link:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58948

Like life, in FS you need to prioritize. Poor you, you don't have enough stam to do everything... now get over it.

Also realize that a multitude of events at once helps to level the playing feel... that level 1800 with 100k stam will prioritize and while she is doling out stam on everything, you might have an even better chance if you just concentrate. What's more, now is a great time to simply hunt and get your cheap FSP with gold... I wish the Temple had a gold sink God... well, now it's here... (o0

GLOBAL EVENT:

Here, I actually do feel "some" sympathy for lower level players. Getting the full amount is going to be extremely difficult. However, let's be reasonable... Let's assume everybody gets the 4 Bloody Vampiric Chests... Exactly how is that going to help you? If you're a leveler and everybody has it... then... yeah.

This event is active for six days... one might note the following: I could hunt with 12k stam once every five days. One of my Guildies hunts every day with 2.6k stam... Grant it, the difference is that my costs are less (pots, etc). So wow, I work for stuff and I have an advantage... that's crazy! Where is the win button?!!!

Sarcastic and cynical as always. The serious point is that if everything gets the same thing, nothing will change. You'll still be the same number of levels below whoever you're going after because they get what you get. Would you really be itching to hit those higher levels if there weren't "advantages"?

The really relevant point in all this is that the minimum kills required HAS TO BE HIGH. This is because most of the FS community will make the max kills and stop. There are medals for encouraging kills, but let's face it: Why would I do more than 5k kills? Only if I think that I'll get that better prize by putting in another 5k or 10k or whatever.

Global Events aren't meant to be easy, they're meant to be a community event. I've already seen one player drop GE buffs to 50k. In the past, I've seen players offering them for free. I've also seen players offering up prizes to the top 10.

Maybe none of that was completely altruistic, but last I checked, the world I live in wasn't thriving.

I'll end this rant with some Advice to lower level players: Personally I think the gold tier Excellent Vampiric Chest rocks and not just for a lower level, but also for me on a normal hunt basis. I'd be happy with that, but then I don't tend to run my life thinking "oh yeah, that's really cool but there is something so much better I could get if I only had a win button". Prioritize with what you have. FS is no different than RL and it definitely shouldn't be... ,oP

Hey. The amount is staying as it is for at least a couple of days. Do what you can and we'll see. It will NOT be changed now.

@BG: Please don't change anything. Don't even suggest you'll baby people. This is a Global Event, it's up to us. Personally, I'd really like to see what we could do if people weren't expecting HCS to provide a crutch. (o0

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#17 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:01

A guildmate of mine said he hunted with 2k stamina and got 5800 kills. Shouldn't be too difficult to get 25k kills then.

#18 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:04

My Fire Sword (Epic) seems to have disapeared ... Did I delete it by accident, unlikely since it should be in seperate gear folder.

.... huh I removed the new spook smasher and there it was :o

... FS is haunted!

Edited by koenvdv, 29 October 2013 - 19:06.

#19 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:17

My Fire Sword (Epic) seems to have disapeared ... Did I delete it by accident, unlikely since it should be in seperate gear folder.

.... huh I removed the new spook smasher and there it was :o

... FS is haunted!

Happened to me too with my Gnarled Scarab Spike haha! I panicked for a minute :P

#20 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:18

PLEASE READ THE STATS BELOW!

Let me do the math for you Grim so you can see the amount of stam is required for the normal player. I will be using IBM SPSS statistical software 20 for the calculations.

25000 kills and the stam requirement in a perfect 10x10 world (which doesn't exist) and with no other players on the perfect 10x10 map. The player will only hunt the creatures that give 5 kills per win using the current spawn rate and the amount of creatures that spawn at one time in the map. This assumes that most players for a cheap price has access to light foot 175 (8.75% chance not using stam while moving), conserve 175 (8.75% chance not using stam during combat), Animal Magnetism 175 (35% chance for re-spawn) and Global Booster 200 (5x stamina usage 5x more kills.) Keeping in mind that many new players and low level players do not have access to these here is the absolute minimum stam required on a 95% confidence interval.

In a perfect activation of the buffs (which we know doesn't happen since it is chance and probability) the player would need to have a minimum of 8131.89 stamina during the 6 days in order to reach the ruby tier. Using the average new player and lower level player in a guild with a stamina gain of 67, the player can reach 9648 total stam during the duration of the event. A difference of 1516.11. So as you can see in a perfect and precise activation of these buffs (which we know does not happen) they can hope to qualify for ruby tier.

However we know that it is not perfect activation! These numbers above is the 99% percentile! When I run the numbers in SPSS we see that the average and mean of these numbers within the 95% confidence interval is actually much larger. In the typical activation of the game the Mean is 17,276.23 stam used to get the 25k kills with a  Standard Deviation of 2,345.56.

As you can see by the numbers alone the average player and new player in Fallensword can only pray for a chance to reach the ruby tier in this "global quest."

I would ask if you could please lower these requirements so that the average fallensword player may be able to obtain the ruby tier.

Rasputin17.jpg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: