Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2013 - 00:19

Thank you for letting us know, and working hard to resolve the issues.

#22 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 00:52

great job keeping the game going :D 

#23 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 21 November 2013 - 00:52

Thank you so much for letting us know why and also for a work well done, personally i understand the situation you're in HCS and hopefully you guys can be able to withstand those attcked  again in the future. Good Job :)

#24 TheLordMan

TheLordMan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:26

The game still won't load for me, nor the forum. I've been on my phone the past 3 days. I have tried everything. Mac OS X 10.5.8 seems to be an exception to everything

#25 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:31

i've been using google chrome so no problem here :)  Can players use firefox and IE to log on now?

#26 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:43

Sounds like HCS didn't cave to the DoS exhortationist. Now would be nice to see Zorg's stam magic...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#27 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:05

I am happy that we are back on. I was using both browsers of firefox and chrome both was experiencing what was posted in original post of not able to log on. I was in fs then I go do something then I was not. I thought it was my side of the world at first. :( It was not fun. I am glad that HCS fought the attacks off and we are back. Hugs to all HCS staff and keep up the good work. :)

@TheLordMan try to empty your cache or past history on your cell phone.  Since HCS mentioned it was an attack and best to drop those messages and such related to it. I hope this helps. If not check for updates that might have been missed. I hope you get back on soon. 

Edited by bigchaos, 21 November 2013 - 02:07.

#28 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:51

Thanks for the official news of what happened and thanks for sharing how you're working to prevent future such attacks.  Hopefully you and all of us will only deal with this once.  *crossing fingers*  

#29 TheLordMan

TheLordMan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:55

No it's not on my phone I'm having trouble, it's logging in on the computer, using any browser

#30 oucho

oucho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:09

Glad it's fixed :}

#31 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:12

Do the same to your system you are running clear all the old history or cache. I will put topic back on track and thank HCS again on letting us know the situation  on the attacks.  :)

#32 Hagg

Hagg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:42

Thanks HCS for letting us know what was going on and taking quick effective steps to stop it from happening again.

Keep up the great work.

Whydha

#33 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:49

Thank you for the update.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#34 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:58

Glad to know what happened, and that steps have been taken.  I don't suppose there is anyway a group of us could "visit" those responsible to show our mild irritation?

#35 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:44

Im sure this is likely to be an unpopular comment for some of you( reading the prior comments lol I may be considered a  "weenie"). I never beg or ask for anything from PLAYERS ( guildmates, players, friends enemies) that I can achieve on my own. . Those that know me can attest to that.If I can do it on my own Id rather.  However it is not uncommon for COMPANIES to compensate customers for disturbances in service. I really feel that some reserve stam should have been given out for the disturbance. Im glad the system was fixed and I applaud HCS for their efforts. Thanks for allowing me to throw my opinion out for all of FS to love or hate !

#36 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:14

Im sure this is likely to be an unpopular comment for some of you( reading the prior comments lol I may be considered a  "weenie"). I never beg or ask for anything from PLAYERS ( guildmates, players, friends enemies) that I can achieve on my own. . Those that know me can attest to that.If I can do it on my own Id rather.  However it is not uncommon for COMPANIES to compensate customers for disturbances in service. I really feel that some reserve stam should have been given out for the disturbance. Im glad the system was fixed and I applaud HCS for their efforts. Thanks for allowing me to throw my opinion out for all of FS to love or hate !

Well put Bloody18.  We all know this had to be discouraging and a rough few days for HCS and I'm assuming costly as well for the new security.  I was impressed and surprised how quickly my ticket for lost items was responded to and my items replaced, and I'm grateful for that.  I do, however, think some reserve stam really doesn't cost anything that I can figure out and it's a nice thing to do for customers.

I would have liked to see a post early on by a HCS staff member on their Facebook page briefly acknowledging that they knew there was a problem and they were addressing it.  Someone said it was tweeted, but only a fraction of FS players tweet.  

All that being said, I still think overall HCS did a great job with this challenge.

#37 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:57

Thanks for letting us know the situation :mellow: . But we still have serious lagging to move on the map :angry: . Server time 10:32 21/Nov/2013 and i'm on 10.10.99.26 server. Too much lag :angry: . Please bring back our beloved FS fully functionally. Thanks

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#38 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 15:03

thanks big guy for the update and hard work makes me wonder why any one would organise such an agressive attack like this from all over the world

thanks to HcS

#39 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 15:13

Hate? No. Disagree with? Yes.  I understand there was a period where HCS threw out Reserve stam everytime the servers hiccuped.  There is an inherent risk in online gaming; it is what it is.  I overflowed stam, but really don't need to be "compensated" for each and every little inconvenience I experience in the game.  Reserve stam will not increase retention, it will only serve to satiate those who "want, want, want".  It was an inconvenience, not a disturbance in the force (that one's for you Jedi).

Let's relax, and move forward and enjoy the game.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#40 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 17:15

Hate? No. Disagree with? Yes.  I understand there was a period where HCS threw out Reserve stam everytime the servers hiccuped.  There is an inherent risk in online gaming; it is what it is.  I overflowed stam, but really don't need to be "compensated" for each and every little inconvenience I experience in the game.  Reserve stam will not increase retention, it will only serve to satiate those who "want, want, want".  It was an inconvenience, not a disturbance in the force (that one's for you Jedi).

Let's relax, and move forward and enjoy the game.

DP

Nice point! thanks  I guess I didnt realize HCS had been so generous with the reserve stam in the past. I have only played roughly 2 years ...so I kind of am a NOOB.  HEHE O' to have the good ol days back for you guys.  But I must say of the nearly 2 years I have played FS this was the largest "ATTACK" on the servers I think we have had to deal with. I suppose maybe your right. I am just greatful the servers are working again. Thanks HCS! It really wasnt that big of a deal.

Edited by bloody18, 21 November 2013 - 17:24.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: