• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:24

Hi all,

We've just made the following improvements to the new Buff Market feature:
  • Search results are now split into two lists based on the currency (gold / Fallen Sword Points)
  • Search results are ordered by the cheapest first.
  • Cost has been added as a column to the Buff Package management page.
  • Added additional log messages for when the buffs are applied and also when the payment is transferred.
We'll be making further improvements next week!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:27

Bringing over my post from the old thread, since it applies here.

I see that Hoof's been tweaking the results, and we now have a gold results and FSP results. :)

However, this currently only shows 3 results for each, which in my opinion is not enough.  How about a check box in the search criteria for which currency you want to see results for?

Additionally, there's still a bug where people are permitted to list identical packages. Currently, there is a buff that if you search for it, you see all 3 results of identical offerings by the same player. He has basically monopolized the gold results for that buff.

-----

Thank you for adding the display of cost on our manage page and log messages. :)

#3 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:29

Thanks Hoof. Would really appreciate the following:

- A toggle all option for the packages.

- Listing of the package prices as well on the manage my buffs screen.

Please disregard the second, I see you've already done that! Thanks!

#4 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:30

Okay, improvements are being made-that's great news - and it's going towards the better. 

However:

-If one chooses gold, why see fsp's? If one chooses fsp-bargains, why show gold?

-The _3_ most cheapest available? This is not an MMO with 8-9 online players. In fact, the last time I checked, we definitely had even more than 10 players online! C'mon...

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:31

Thanks Hoof. Would really appreciate the following:

- A toggle all option for the packages.

- Listing of the package prices as well on the manage my buffs screen.

Glad you like my ideas hehe. :)  Last one just got added though in this update.

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:32

Nice surprise seeing things being dealt with on the weekend.

Thanks Hoof.

I'm interested to see where this will go. (o0

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:34

-The _3_ most cheapest available? This is not an MMO with 8-9 online players. In fact, the last time I checked, we definitely had even more than 10 players online! C'mon...

Yes, and the problem with this is the fact that we can list packages in addition to single buffs. So technically, the cheapest packages could be 1 FSP, but only include 1 buff, and then the most expensive be 3 FSP and therefore not shown (since there's not enough room), but yet have 5 buffs. Additionally, packages contain a wide variety of different buffs.  We need more search results shown in order to be able to choose what we want.

#8 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:36

Maybe make a section for single buff and another for package

What about a Request section aswell where you request a buff, what level you want it and what you want to pay. If someone can furfill your request they hit "Done"  then you get the money and they get the buff

Edited by BabyMad, 11 January 2014 - 19:39.

#9 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:39

we need an iggy list for buff marketplace so we don't see outrageous priced buffs or the 69 frenzy that 1hustler has..I am quite offended by this kind of abusive behavior and do not need to see 69 all over the place..personally it is NOT funny

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:42

I've increased the results limit for each section to 5 for now :)

we need an iggy list for buff marketplace so we don't see outrageous priced buffs or the 69 frenzy that 1hustler has..I am quite offended by this kind of abusive behavior and do not need to see 69 all over the place..personally it is NOT funny

The results are ordered by the cheapest first now so I don't think this will be an issue any more :)

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:45

You want to punish someone for having a buff level of 69?

What's next are we going to have a FS book burning event...

Lets just bring things down to reality a bit folks...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:45

I've increased the results limit for each section to 5 for now  :)

I saw that. :) A little bit better, thanks.

The results are ordered by the cheapest first now so I don't think this will be an issue any more :)

Actually, as the person in question has for some reason decided to "feature" his "special" packages, they do still show up on the featured list.

#13 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:46

it would help to have an iggy list so purchases will not be made by mistake or if not wanting to buy from a certain individual,also then I may peruse the whole list to see what is available without having to be subjected to abusers

#14 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:50

Ooh and you alphabetized by package name our manage page! Thank you! :)

Only thing that bugs me now about it is that some buff names are long, and so they wrap to a second line. Spacing could be adjusted in some of the columns.

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:50

Actually, as the person in question has for some reason decided to "feature" his "special" packages, they do still show up on the featured list.

If a player decides to feature a package then it will show up on the featured list regardless of the price that is set.

#16 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:53

If a player decides to feature a package then it will show up on the featured list regardless of the price that is set.

Yes I understand this. I was just saying that in the instance of what MrSiggs was referring to, he'll still see it due to being featured; the sort by price won't cut that listing out.

#17 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:53

Ooh and you alphabetized by package name our manage page! Thank you! :)

Only thing that bugs me now about it is that some buff names are long, and so they wrap to a second line. Spacing could be adjusted in some of the columns.

Forgot to mention that :)

There's a lot of info to display in the columns so I'm not sure what I can do about the text wrapping :(

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 19:55

Yes I understand this. I was just saying that in the instance of what MrSiggs was referring to, he'll still see it due to being featured; the sort by price won't cut that listing out.

Sure, but I think if someone features it then it has to show really. I could apply the ignore list to it however next week :)

#19 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:00

Forgot to mention that :)

There's a lot of info to display in the columns so I'm not sure what I can do about the text wrapping :(

The "Featured?" column could probably be a wee bit narrower, as could the cost column. That would allow for a little more room in the Buff List column. Coordinated Attack and Defense are the ones I'm seeing that wrap to another line, and it's just the level part of it, so don't need to claim too much room to that line.

Sure, but I think if someone features it then it has to show really. I could apply the ignore list to it however next week :)

Understandable. However, having ignore list apply to it might be a good compromise.

#20 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:02

Yes, and the problem with this is the fact that we can list packages in addition to single buffs. So technically, the cheapest packages could be 1 FSP, but only include 1 buff, and then the most expensive be 3 FSP and therefore not shown (since there's not enough room), but yet have 5 buffs. Additionally, packages contain a wide variety of different buffs.  We need more search results shown in order to be able to choose what we want.

Agreed. I'm really starting to like the direction in which this is going - and also, as Egami pointed out - I think we're not the only ones appreciating the effort put into this feature.

I feel however, that no matter how many "runs" in programming Hoof & Crew do, we WILL eventually get somewhere towards where some player-created tools are (of course, with benefits added such as real-time finding and the pack offers - no tool so far beats that!). http://fallen-empire...ind-buffers.asp is one such tool. 

The thing is, that since there are just so many sellers and deals, if this feature is to provide any success at all: it will need a multiple filtering system to get the customer exactly to where (s)he wishes to be. An example:

1. Are you looking for single buffs or buff packs?

2. Are you looking for Gold or FSP offers?

3. What is the MIN/MAX level of buff you would be willing to buy? (comes in handy if I'm happy with just a lvl 145(display:120) DC instead of a 175 (display:150) version, or a CA without willing to communicate with the buffer)

+1 (as a tick box maybe, or multiple tick boxes): do you require sustain/reinf/extend?

Now, AFTER the customer entered these data in the choice-section (which is even simpler than the multi-search-engine of the AH), (s)he will be taken to a list of not 3, not 5, but at least 20 options of best-value offers. These would be listed in linear consideration of the search criteria: Level of buff, followed by Cost of buff, followed by extend factors active.

Example Results For Keen Edge, Single Buff, Min. Requirement: 145, Max. Req: 170

1. lvl170 - 5000g - ext reinf

2. lvl170 - 5000g - N/A

3. lvl170 - 6000g - N/A

4. lvl170 - 10000g - sus ext reinf

5. lvl170 - 10000g - sus reinf

6. lvl170 - 10000g - N/A 

7. lvl170 - 10000g - N/A

8. lvl170 - 10000g - N/A

9. lvl165 - 2000g - sus

10. lvl165 - 3000g - sus reinf ext

11. lvl165 - 3000g - sus ext

12. lvl165 - 5000g - sus reinf ext

13. lvl165 - 10000g - N/A

14. lvl165 - 11000g - sus reinf ext

15. lvl160 - 1g -sus reinf ext

[...]

I hope I didn't make it look too compicated. I don't see any other way this could be made simpler. You get THE buff you need, at the PRICE and currency you're looking for it, at the LEVEL RANGE you need it, and you can decide if the added times are necessary for the given buff (such as 45 minute conserve), or completely pointless, such as TH for instance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: