1 reply to this topic

#1 Caccio72

Caccio72

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 23:20

Greetings fellow players!

This is a joining-introduction topic of a veteran, (44 years old), addicted gamer, who has unfortunately totally lost his vision round a year ago.

After a longer time of deep depression due that severe handicap, I learned to use the NVDA screen-reader, and am back in the gameing-world again, with quite limited, restricted possibilities, but regained, even increased playing, and competing desire!

Since there were always 2 browserMMO -games I was playing on a regular basis, a space, and a fantasy-theme one, I spent the last few weeks on searching for a replacement to both of them.

Afteractive participation on the Audiogames.net forums regarding the matter, and trying out dozens of game-candidates, I decided to choose Core Exiles for my new space based, and Gothador for my fantasy-based browser MMO.

According to the audiogames-community, both games are quite well playable to blind people with their screen-readers, and I haven't noticed any more serious, significantly annoying problems while playeing them so far either.

Actually, despite being unable to play Gothador as fast and skilled as the other, "sighted" players do, (and to how I used to play similar games before), I do like it so much, that I decided to pay for its subscription, if possible, for a much longer period than a mere single month even!

(will check out the subscription-options right after I am done here)

My best regards,

Caccio

from Hungary

NOTE:

I primarily play computer-games with the aim to get away from reality, (my real life and this unfair world), which I got so much disappointed of, so the role-playing, meaning the IC-centric behavior is pretty-strong and common by me, especially in game-chats.

Just telling this to avoid future misunderstandings, and misinterpretin of my lines written in the Gothador game-chat, where I plan to spend a lot of time.

In most cases, whenever I don't ask for some game-related help, advice, hint, or suggestion, I am usually talking IC there, impersonating my cute, but tough and aggressive, redhead warrior-babe called Ishtar.

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:13

Welcome to the site Caccio72! Hope you enjoy playing our games.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: