Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:00

We've been reading all your feedback and we're going to be making further changes today. These changes will include the ability to opt-out / opt-in to the PvP Seasons and we'll also be removing inactivate players from it.

In addition to this, all targets within the PvP Season will be selected from no lower than one league below your own. For example, a Crystal player will never be matched with a player lower than Gold.

All players will be given the option to opt-out, however if you wish to opt back in you will need to wait for the next PvP Season to start.

#2 maf22

maf22

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:02

thanks hoof

#3 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:03

Thank you Hoof! 

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:06

We've been reading all your feedback and we're going to be making further changes today. These changes will include the ability to opt-out / opt-in to the PvP Seasons and we'll also be removing inactivate players from it.

In addition to this, all targets within the PvP Season will be selected from no lower than one league below your own. For example, a Crystal player will never be matched with a player lower than Gold.

All players will be given the option to opt-out, however if you wish to opt back in you will need to wait for the next PvP Season to start.

Here come the number of target issues in the Seasons!

Because of the MASSIVE stam and gold sink, there needs to be a way to bounty hunt, for example, using less than 50 stam. We need a way to 'save' xp loss using allies. We need some sort of strategy again, a game! We need a 10-50 stam range so players can use less stam and clear more bountys off the BB. The BB back log is insane. There must be 1000s of bountys waiting to be posted by the system. What about getting the msg, 'you have already added gold to this bounty'? Why does the name even show up in the list to add gold to the bounty? Sorry but this and many other things needs to be addressed!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:10

you guys are doing grreat handling all this thanks for the great work

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:11

opt-out option should be for rated pvp only.. unrated and bounty hits shouldnt be included

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:13

opt-out option should be for rated pvp only.. unrated and bounty hits shouldnt be included

The opt-out is for the PvP Seasons only.

#8 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:13

When is this happening?  Will it require downtime?

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:14

When is this happening?  Will it require downtime?

There shouldn't be any downtime required. Zorg is working on the changes now so we're hoping to put it live later this afternoon.

#10 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:15

nice the opt in or out option, now only need to bring back a small xp loss for hits as it is now is like pillow fighting

nice the opt in or out option, now only need to bring back a small xp loss for hits as it is now is like pillow fighting

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:21

The target list on the BB doesn't work too well. After I'm attacked in a rated attack I should be able to add gold to increase the chance the target will be posted. Why do some names not show up? Why am I given the message, "INFORMATION
This players bounty has already been posted so cannot be increased.?"

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:32

The target list on the BB doesn't work too well. After I'm attacked in a rated attack I should be able to add gold to increase the chance the target will be posted. Why do some names not show up? Why am I given the message, "INFORMATION
This players bounty has already been posted so cannot be increased.?"

This is a bug and will also be fixed in the upcoming update.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#13 purebreed

purebreed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:32

No xp loss
opt out
attack from only 1 league below.

All useful changes but when put together it completely ruins the point of this update. We're going to be back to the PvP ladder, complete inactive PvP. U should only need to implement one of these improvements.
  • 3JS likes this

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:35

Looks like we will need a (very) short downtime actually - we'll post in the news before it happens however :)

#15 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:38

Is it just me that can't access prior threads on this topic or did HCS just wipe out all the prior threads and comments on this update? When I go into my browser history I get this on the page I was looking at just prior to this thread.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!
[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.

Need Help?

#16 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:38

If you can make that during F1 free practice 2, my day will be perfect :P

#17 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:40

Is it just me that can't access prior threads on this topic or did HCS just wipe out all the prior threads and comments on this update? When I go into my browser history I get this on the page I was looking at just prior to this thread.

I moved the older threads to the staff forum to avoid any confusion about the changes.

#18 Thorsark

Thorsark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:46

Please opt me out. Thank you.

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:48

Please opt me out. Thank you.

There will be an option added for this. We'll post details of how you can opt-out once the update is live.

#20 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:52

I moved the older threads to the staff forum to avoid any confusion about the changes.

Ok, thanks Hoof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: