• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dantalian

Dantalian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:24

Hi all. I have tried a few times when grouping in the dungeons for EXP and loot, that people press need when it is obviously for greed, to get a higher chance for them to get the item. It is very very annoying. I have thought about an idea. It is not done though. What if you in groups could vote for a player to be a positive or negative group member concerning the need/greed part? So then when you click on a player, you would see 42% positive or 92% positive votes or something like that. So you know, that guy/girl would you like to have in your group (or not). Please let me know what you think of this idea. Because I think it's quite a big problem. It really gives a bad experience in groups. 

Suggestions, additions etc. are more than welcome.

Dan

Edited by Dantalian, 16 December 2013 - 15:25.

#2 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:29

good idea,+1 .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:46

Interesting idea, but players could just negative vote people out of spite I guess? which may ruin their enjoyment of the game and chances of finding groups. :(

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 Dark Developer

Dark Developer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:50

You mean like a feedback system? I like the idea but it is never implemented well. My Xbox Live account is 90% avoided because people usually only submit feedback when they have negative experiences. If, however, after you leave a group you are given a prompt to +1/-1 the players you were with it would encourage people to leave positive feedback.

#5 Java1970

Java1970

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:52

Once guilds get implemented this issue will hopefully be alleviated somewhat.

Those running PUGs will still potentially have an issue.

There is the concept of the leader being able to be the master 'looter' and he gives the loot as he sees fit.

This of course, like everything in life, comes with a price.  Spite (as Mongo said), nepotism, favortism, etc.. could still all come into play.

Edited by Java1970, 16 December 2013 - 15:53.

#6 Nederland

Nederland

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 15:54

good idea. 

we already got a reputation window/panel so if you are in group they can add the players in that too. in the reputation panel/window we can see what their reputation is and we can vote if they should get positive or negative reputation. 

its smart to only allow players to vote once (abusing would be bad :P)

#7 Casey

Casey

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:47

or maybe at the very least give stats on the frequency of choosing each option? (need, greed, pass). The ones who choose need just to loot/sell would have a very high need %, and those who choose fairly will be far more balanced. No chance for spite voting,etc. 

#8 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 18:42

I'm against this idea since I'm sure that most people forming up PUGs would give others a negative feedback based on their performance in the dungeons or if they just don't like someone.

You could try asking people before partying with them if they're going to be choosing 'need' on the gems, etc. and if they do then at least you know / can choose to party with them or not. If they lie and you later see them 'needing' everything then just write down their name in .doc or something and don't party with them again.

Edited by Rydner, 16 December 2013 - 18:42.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#9 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 22:51

i think most problem is just that people here are not really familiar with the WoW loot system (just call it wow, because its kind of the first mmo where i saw this system)

i had 2 in my team that had no plan about this and when i explained it to them it was all set and settled ...

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: