#1 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 September 2017 - 14:27

I see a lot of complaining about slow updates, and I had to laugh after an  experience with another game.  It has frequent updates, that invariably break the game.  Not at all uncommon, but here is my point.

Last update an issue affected me.  This was all of 2 weeks ago...  An FS problem, you click the link, submit your ticket, a day or so, handled, back to playing.... This other game?  I've been on a convoluted journey from the game to FB to the main website and back to the game itself....  My problem still exists, and I still don't know where to send my detailed note complete with screenies....

Problem resolution: I ditched that game and came home to FS where it might be slow getting new things, but at least you can find a guy to fix the things that broke when you need one....

And before you say that things don't always get fixed, at least you know how to find the guy....

Edited by BadPenny, 18 September 2017 - 14:30.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#2 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 September 2017 - 17:02

I don't know if we can mention other games in the forum, but from October 2014 to August 2017 a game I played came out and was shut down in 3 years, updates all the time which was fun, so many players and servers, and they made over 10 million a year adding new functions and giving their supporters and nonsupporter what they asked for and wanted, everything costs money it was what you call pay to win, but was a new experience, struggled a lot yes but was too fun to quit an event every 5 days had 15 events on rotation seasonal events as well with regular events simultaneously, 2016 they decided to work on another game so the staff was reduced and bugs pilled up due to lack of motivation. The game was not dead at all still 7k players and new players weekly, because of the individuals left with the game was not doing their part players noticed this and stopped donating and quit, what was left was un supporting players and 300 servers open, so they merged the servers little by little without fixing the bugs hoping players would find it more competitive and stay but eventually they shut it off with 1 month notice and that was it. 

FS has been here for over 10 years so they must be doing something right, even though there's rarely anything new.

Hope they add some stuff but don't get ahead of them selfs is all I'm saying

Edited by uncola, 18 September 2017 - 19:02.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 18:51

One of the only thing they did right was target the right demographic IMO. Wouldn't be here otherwise.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 September 2017 - 18:51.

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 19:39

I have no doubt that there are worse games out there. 

I would hope however that HCS has the good business sense to get their game in order prior to doing the app release.

The app will likely be beneficial to their exposure and revenue. 

Player retention would also likely be much more profitable. 

#5 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 00:25

Player retention is key.

Getting the game in order can mean very different things to different people.

I think the team is relearning the game from the hardware up through this process. I hope this gives Hoof and the other coders some good ideas for modifying and maintaining the game going forward.

If the app launch is a damp squib then I think we will have to resign ourselves to the game's eventual demise.

It has been a good long run.

Will Boats get to diamond #1 medal before the servers get switched off?? LOL!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 00:31

He's close

#7 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 22:06

The title drew me in, 

I can relate to a couple of the other posts, some personal horror stories,,,

The game where you had seperate pvp areas, in "pvp land" you got 2x exp and gold but could be pvpd. If you were defeated in pvp you lost exp gold and AN ITEM OF THE ATTACKERS CHOICE!! Imagine that new epic you earned, donator item you bought or even your wedding ring (another bad idea) being up for grabs for theft? Yea that game didnt last long.

The game where the admin and staff wanted to be players just like us,,, except with access to unlimited upgrades. Nothing can piss a player off more than being beaten up by a staffer who obtains the gear and levels to match you with a couple keystrokes. I guess they thought we would take it as a challenge and try harder to beat them.

The one that was so awesome and everyone was active and telling all their friends,,, and got bought up with their parent company by ######## and axed in the hope we would try one of their other crappy games. Even spammed our mailboxes during the last 30 days with offers to exchange any upgrades to one of their games. Went as far as emailing me months later with announcements about events in games I didnt want to try.

That one where my Son and I walked all over hell for a few months then realized no matter what it was still really reallly stupid XD
Now theres an idea!! FS needs a real "mobile" game! I'd walk to the moon and back hunting SEs

Then theres the one I never took a break from,
Pvp was "in another dimension" and while the pvpr got real gold (albiet in a economy where its value didnt make this unbalanced) the victim did not lose any real gold nor real health (exp) nor even get a message they had been hit. If you wanted to realy fight another player (this had its own sets of rewards and risks) both sides had to agree to a match. 

There are "SEs and Titans" even elite and champions. Theres also pets, event creatures, treasure hunts (chests) and other stuff. The owner is on chat 10 hours or so a day and tickets are usually handled in chat. Theres a few staff on payroll for pretty much 24/7 coverage of chat and the game. They do shut down to update and it sucks but they give a pretty good notice its going to happen and are usually right on the time to be back on. Bugs rarely happen because they took time to test it all with their characters who can be found in the world but have on and off duty tags you can see. They play like regular players and have nothing they didnt earn as a player (except for the times we tease them because they forgot to turn off test mode) 
There is EOC but you are allowed to create a new character and retire the old one. The retired character can pass on all land, items and NPCs and can also "buff" them (think a limited set of buffs that have a throttle to the levels so you could say have a lvl 1 who can cast 5 175 buffs and as he reached 500 levels he could add another buff plus 5 to the 175s) 

I started about 6 months before I found FS so its still up in the air which one lasts longest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: