• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivion

Oblivion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:36

The quest for the Apprentice prospecting trainer in arthnell's workshop lets me do the quest more then once to get 100 xp  and coins. this could be taken advantage of if the players realize all you have to do is keep mining 20 copper and level up that way. please fix it :)

glitch 3.png

#2 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:37

All quests at the Apprentice Trainers are intended to be repeatable ;)

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#3 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:19

Elnestor is correct. Those quests are intended to be repeatable. :)

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 18:57

Next week we'll be adding a "cooldown" period to repeatable quests.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:12

Imho it`s hard enough to level all your skills. I can`t find any reason for adding a "cooldown" to the repeatable quests.

Maybe you can start a poll for that issue.

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#6 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:39

I think the idea is that it is supposed to be hard to level all your crafting skills, for a variety of reasons. Which I'm fine with, as in my experience MMOs that require and promote player interdependence tend to be more stable, healthy, and have friendlier communities.

#7 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 21 June 2013 - 14:58

That`s why i would prefer a poll for that.

It IS hard to level all of your skills, not to mention, that some of them are asked by the main quest line.

Don`t forget, we`re at EOC (well, most of us), so we`ve got lots of time for pushing skills.

It took me about 3 days ( 30 h) of hard and concentrated work, only to get my Farming Skill to a proper (and needed) level.

Same goes for Weaponsmithing.

I´m pretty sure, there will be people you can scare away, if you make the skill-leveling too hard.

#8 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2013 - 17:55

Sure, and there will be other people that go away because it's too easy. The game doesn't require everyone to work at any, or especially all, of the crafting skills. As long as the number that do work at even one skill reaches a relatively small percentage of the overall population then there will be other players that can provide quest items.

The crafting skills are only necessary for game play in the sense that some percentage of players need to level them so that the rest of the game population has access to the goods. It's in no way necessary for each individual to do so.

#9 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 21 June 2013 - 20:23

As I said, leveling the skills is not too easy now.

Of course I could get the needed materials from other players. If there is a auction house coming in the future, you´ll need only 1 player, who´s willing to spend lots of time, for each skill to supply the whole community.

But do you really think, that is a better way  ?

For me, it´s only my abnormal ambition, why I like to handle things myself ;)

#10 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2013 - 21:15

Complete self-sufficiency should have a steep cost. Yes, I do believe that having to rely on other players is the better way. Otherwise I'd go spend my time playing a single-player game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: