Photo

new player. Linux client won't run.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 kieron3886

kieron3886

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 19:15

Hi everyone,

So I discovered the game a few weeks ago and signed up. The client would not run so I got tired and left.

Now I'm back trying to run the game again and I'm having the same problem.

The problem:

1) After running the client via "./eldevin.sh the client starts, but it only shows a white screen and nothing happens.

2) I tried running the global file via "java -jar gbloader.jar". Same thing happens. Client starts and gets stuck at the same white screen.

3) Since the above 2 failed, I tired running the windows client via wine. It installed fine, ran and updated. Before I could log in, it loaded to 40% then automatically crashes / closes. I have tried multiple times and it always fails at 40%.

Can someone help me to make this work? The game looks interesting, and I'm hoping to try it. Just can't get the client to properly start.

Thanks!

#2 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2020 - 17:58

I assume you managed to get in seeing as you have a level 3 character. The video config file is where you would go and maybe force it to software to see if that runs. Think "java -jar gbloader.jar software" might work?

#3 Bishopsantiago

Bishopsantiago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 15:36

Hummm, what's your JRE ??? I'm using Oracle's Java and it's working very well. I've used with OpenJDK too and it also worked.

#4 Galdora

Galdora

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:06

I assume you managed to get in seeing as you have a level 3 character. The video config file is where you would go and maybe force it to software to see if that runs. Think "java -jar gbloader.jar software" might work?

Hello fellows, I got the same issue here too, I tried running the game with my Debian after installing all the OpenJDK

packages (I had OpenJDK-11 and all it's dependencies installed.), as I ran the program all that turned out was a blank white screen. I kind of gave up and ran on my windows machine instead, though would be nice if anyone could help with the problem.

I tried running the command "java -jar gbloader.jar software" or with the given "eldevin.sh" and the "eldevin_software.sh" , in my terminal, the result's just the same. Oh by the way I was using OpenJDK-11 for the startup not sure whether it has any issue or not.

And I also captured this on my terminal:

=========================================================================

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at gbloader.h.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at gbloader.GBAppLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at gbloader.GBAppLoader.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
    ... 3 more
==========================================================================
I wonder if anyone else has this problem on their linux machine ? Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated thanks for reading.

#5 Alexsir

Alexsir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 22:24

Hi.

I couldn't get the game to work with OpenJDK-11 but I could with OpenJDK-8.

To install OpenJDK-8 you must do the following:

sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk
sudo update-alternatives --config java
and select java 8

check:

java -version

Anyway the game hangs when I enter a kingdom, it stays on the loading screen.

Any idea how to continue?

Thank you and greetings.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: