Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:39

titled just so has title...

what i would like to see hcs, is a chest from ladder rewards that is maybe not as great as others tho has better value token wise, i will give example...

1 pvp trophy needed, so 25 ladder tokens to buy, thats 5 first placings, investment for 25 tokens should be apparent :-)

3 potions in chest...

pot1,

rage 350

enchant shield 200

iron fist 200

cursed ring 200

cursed rune 200

duration 400 mins

pot 2,

retaliate 200

sidestep 200

demoralize 200

riposte 200

degrade 200

duration 400 mins

pot 3,

golden shield 200

high guard 200

ageless 325

sealed 200

absorb 200

duration 400 mins

maybe 6 to 8 uses in the chest, select a pot 6 to 8 times obv..

i think these are close to what i could use and like with a little thought of others, not mega duration and not majorly OP i dont feel, not even largeishly really, some only slightly good, for 25 tokens plus many are buffs that have not been used or widely used, perfect place for ladder really as all of these are predominantly pvp related, i see a few will not like, thats common sense THO i see more good than bad IF they arent made higher than suggested as some ARE bordline big for what they are :-)

and sorry pro pvpers, know this is more your area :-)

tho i do like pvp sometimes so ;p ;p

edit............... due to feedback im changing the GS and HG in original post from 275 to level 200 also, thos this is an example or was of what i would of liked, at the least it is an idea for BG, that roughly around lvl 200 or maybe 225 in some cases, though rage 350 is cool, is not bad, for a 25 token chest or two.

Edited by Undjuvion, 02 November 2016 - 14:52.

#2 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 13:11

what i would like to see hcs, is a chest from ladder rewards that is maybe not as great as others tho has better value token wise, i will give example...

1 pvp trophy needed, so 25 ladder tokens to buy, thats 5 first placings, investment for 25 tokens should be apparent :-)

3 potions in chest...

pot1,

rage 350

enchant shield 200

iron fist 200

cursed ring 200

cursed rune 200

duration 400 mins

pot 2,

retaliate 200

sidestep 200

demoralize 200

riposte 200

degrade 200

duration 400 mins

pot 3,

golden shield 275

high guard 275

ageless 325

sealed 200

absorb 200

duration 400 mins

maybe 6 to 8 uses in the chest, select a pot 6 to 8 times obv..

I like this idea.

Just some more basic lower token cost potions. 

Really like potion 1. Great potion for extending your max stamina before events when you wish to be efficient. Also a good potion for combat, those stat enhancer's will make a significant difference.

Not so sure I would use potion 2. But others may well do so have no issue with that. Though the riposte 200 is a nice buff. 

As for potion 3 I like the idea but in my opinion High Guard and Golden Shield are a little too high. That is a tad OP. I know even still it's a relatively low activation %. But these buffs change combat drastically. I think they should remain a low %. I would suggest 200 as a base level for them. Like the sealed also. 

6 uses in the chest seems reasonable for the token cost.

Overall though I really like it. Great suggestion. :)

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2016 - 13:17

I like this idea.

Just some more basic lower token cost potions. 

Really like potion 1. Great potion for extending your max stamina before events when you wish to be efficient. Also a good potion for combat, those stat enhancer's will make a significant difference.

Not so sure I would use potion 2. But others may well do so have no issue with that. Though the riposte 200 is a nice buff. 

As for potion 3 I like the idea but in my opinion High Guard and Golden Shield are a little too high. That is a tad OP. I know even still it's a relatively low activation %. But these buffs change combat drastically. I think they should remain a low %. I would suggest 200 as a base level for them. Like the sealed also. 

6 uses in the chest seems reasonable for the token cost.

Overall though I really like it. Great suggestion. :)

i think those two GS and HG were the two most i thought may see descrepancy, i dunno if making them that high i felt itd give a little weight to the whole scenrio for cool factor tho they are powerful buffs when they activate and there ARE a potion or two that have 250's i believe, nice input josh :-)

#4 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 18:40

Isn't there already 3-4 tiers of chests you can invent bronze to crystal? Where bronze only takes 25 tokens to make and crystal takes 75.

#5 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2016 - 18:51

Isn't there already 3-4 tiers of chests you can invent bronze to crystal? Where bronze only takes 25 tokens to make and crystal takes 75.

there is yes leos, tho those are all identical tho as u go down tiers the level of buff is all that changes, there are not a great deal of options even tho 6 i believe potion types, another TYPE of chest or two like this example would be VERY nice :-)

#6 fishboy95

fishboy95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:19

I like this idea!

Keep the older chests the same but this would be nice to have to add more variety of potions.

I support what josh said about level 275 golden shield being a bit op but this is a great idea.

And the cost can be 1 trophy (25 tokens) :D

Can fumble be added to one of these? :)

Edited by fishboy95, 02 November 2016 - 05:07.

#7 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:55

I like this idea!

Keep the older chests the same but this would be nice to have to add more variety of potions.

I support what josh said about level 275 golden shield being a bit op but this is a great idea.

And the cost can be 1 trophy (25 tokens) :D

Can fumble be added to one of these? :)

cool its been so far partly liked, it can add more greatness to ladder rewards, fair enough on the GS and HG at 275, if BG sees this, even if he dont post, keep this in mind and sure fumble is quite possibly a good option if around lvl 200 imo :-)

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2016 - 13:00

Get some more feedback on this and we'll see what happens.

~ Grim

#9 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 13:16

I like the idea. I would like to see a good hp chest though.

stout hearted 350
great vigor 350
anchored 350
ageless 350
Duration at 240 minutes.

Edit: or lower the skill level 250s and increase the duration to 400

Edited by xxlooperxx, 02 November 2016 - 13:17.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#10 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2016 - 13:21

Sounds like a bit too much for 25 Ladder Tokens. The uses is kinda high (up to 1.2-1.6 chests per ladder reset), especially when you factor in Invent 2 it gets worse. The cost here would be less than 2-5 tokens per chest and when you compare these to the potions they currently offer for that price, these would be much much stronger. Duration also seems long, with BM and Pride they last over 1000 minutes (about 17 hours), considering most ladders last around 48 hours this is a pretty sizeable chunk when you might be able to buy 1-2 every reset. This pretty much devalues everything under the Crystal chests, why buy those other 5 Token potions when I can get all this this for roughly 4 Tokens and have them run for twice the duration?

Overall the numbers need some nerfing I think. Buff levels aside, if a new chest was added for a cost of 25 Tokens- it should have roughly 3-4 uses with a duration of 240 minutes.

I agree that there should be more lower cost potion rewards but they should probably be as singles, like how they currently have- with maybe up to two buffs in them. I think giving up that much for that little would be detrimental to the ladder in the long run. I think the Crystal Ladder chest is quite reasonable in options and long time ladder players will be able to invent many by the time they get their bronze/silver mastery medals. At least the 70 token cost gives players the motivation to stick in the ladder a bit longer instead of just opting out at the first chance.

Edited by Achub, 02 November 2016 - 13:27.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#11 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 13:25

Sounds like a bit too much for 25 Ladder Tokens. The uses is kinda high (up to 1.2-1.6 chests per ladder reset), especially when you factor in Invent 2 it gets worse. The cost here would be less than 2-5 tokens per chest and when you compare these to the potions they currently offer for that price, these would be much much stronger. Duration also seems long, with BM and Pride they last over 1000 minutes, considering most ladders last around 48 hours this is a pretty sizeable chunk when you might be able to buy 1-2 every reset.

Overall the numbers need some nerfing I think. Buff levels aside, if a new chest was added for a cost of 25 Tokens- it should have roughly 3-4 uses with a duration of 240 minutes.

I agree that there should be more lower cost potion rewards but they should probably be as singles, like how they currently have- with maybe up to two buffs in them. I think giving up that much for that little would be detrimental to the ladder in the long run. I think the Crystal Ladder chest is quite reasonable in options and long time ladder players will be able to invent many by the time they get their bronze/silver mastery medals. At least the 70 token cost gives players the motivation to stick in the ladder a bit longer instead of just opting out at the first chance.

That's why the skill levels are set around 200. Low level skills for longer durations. That's what the pvp chests have been based on.

Also, I'm pretty positive the inventor buffs do not affect the pvp chests.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#12 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2016 - 13:33

Inventor works for pvp chests (100% sure on this since Ive had it in the past). Tbh 200 isnt very low when it comes to a potion since its really 230 were talking about. For skills in pots 2/3, 200 vs 230 makes a visible difference. If they were bumped down a bit to distil to 200 it would be more reasonable, but I would still expect only 3-4 uses for 25 tokens (even if Inventor 2 doesnt work for these new ones).

Remember that Crystal chests and Composing left a large wound on PvP in this game, this will likely do the same if the numbers are not properly considered!

Edited by Achub, 02 November 2016 - 13:37.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#13 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2016 - 14:43

Sounds like a bit too much for 25 Ladder Tokens. The uses is kinda high (up to 1.2-1.6 chests per ladder reset), especially when you factor in Invent 2 it gets worse. The cost here would be less than 2-5 tokens per chest and when you compare these to the potions they currently offer for that price, these would be much much stronger. Duration also seems long, with BM and Pride they last over 1000 minutes (about 17 hours), considering most ladders last around 48 hours this is a pretty sizeable chunk when you might be able to buy 1-2 every reset. This pretty much devalues everything under the Crystal chests, why buy those other 5 Token potions when I can get all this this for roughly 4 Tokens and have them run for twice the duration?

if u put more thought into it, i see what u are saying, tho look at what u are saying then read this... IF you get 1st, IF, you can basically get back a bit more than what one potion from the chest gives BUT it is basically 5 buffs that will not last an entire ladder reset, 400 minutes is plenty fine for 5 ish buffs that are leaving u out of pocket to go for eg the crystal chest or other goodies, this makes for a nice alternative if u like other buffs, this was also an EXAMPLE WHICH isnt actually even that bad, i think this post is quite overboard in a far too passive and overthought without much reflection way, as mean as that sounds.

edited original post in light of HG and GS msg's..

Edited by Undjuvion, 02 November 2016 - 14:53.

#14 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2016 - 20:00

Great idea :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#15 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:39

Great idea :)

positive, no quibbles or thoughts, u too perfect sometimes wazzi :-)

#16 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 20:00

Also, I'm pretty positive the inventor buffs do not affect the pvp chests.

Inventor 2 does not work with the recipes that transform PvP rewards but I am pretty sure they work with the chest recipies (unless it got changed recently).

#17 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:24

Inventor 2 does not work with the recipes that transform PvP rewards but I am pretty sure they work with the chest recipies (unless it got changed recently).

I could be wrong then. Haven't had the need to make a chest in ages... I just remember when they first came out, inventor buffs did not work on something..

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#18 fishboy95

fishboy95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:44

I'm not complaining about the current chests. I love the Crystal ones.. but it would be nice to have some variety.. perhaps some buffs that are not already included in the chests for a lower duration as you mentioned. :)

#19 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:05

I'm not complaining about the current chests. I love the Crystal ones.. but it would be nice to have some variety.. perhaps some buffs that are not already included in the chests for a lower duration as you mentioned. :)

yup, i have no doubt the current crystal chest is a nice reward to use, options are great, another chest isnt asking too much for now, whatever BG can manage, maybe down the line MORE, if he gets a chest just right there isnt really maybe need for two, he saw as we saw, hope!!!

#20 fishboy95

fishboy95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 22:59

It's going on 21 days since I have left my neighborhood. Social distancing and ordering chipotle delivery has gotten old. some new pvp ladder chests would really spice up the pvp ladder.  :)

Edited by fishboy95, 03 April 2020 - 02:22.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: