Photo

Fallen Sword Roadmap (Nov 2021-Feb 2022)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2021 - 08:34

I really hope +8 items AREN'T added, but from a business perspective it kinda makes sense :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:42

I really hope +8 items AREN'T added, but from a business perspective it kinda makes sense :(

We've long said 7+ Stam Gain is the max.

~ Grim

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:09

We've long said 7+ Stam Gain is the max.

~ Grim

Maybe increase in max stamina would be better for new high or low level epics 

I support higher max stamina epics more than stamina gain for low levels to help low level players to catch up .

Edited by shindrak, 27 September 2021 - 11:10.

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 13:14

Titans (Epics in GENERAL) are dead content if you keep releasing the same old +7. Do keep that in mind when moving forward. IF max stam was the path chosen keep in mind it must provide more max stam than you can achieve from just upgrading it yourself.

Epics used to have use in arena in the 1-200 range, however the scaling of them was not consistent throughout content. Also it's not like you win anything particularly expensive in arena to value the theoretical epics with higher level arena use anyway.

I'd like to hear the particular reason to why +8's are bad. If you are worried about people having more stamina gain add more things that consume stamina and you can continually increase the threshold of stam gain on epics.

Edited by EpicPiety, 27 September 2021 - 13:38.

#25 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2021 - 14:45

Titans (Epics in GENERAL) are dead content if you keep releasing the same old +7.

Moving forward I believe new titan drops should be used to invent the epic gear. Just looking at how cow milk still holding its value at 200fsp minimum, it's seem to work.

With the increase cap at +7 I don't see any reason to why anyone should hunt any new titan other then getting a cheaper epic gear which will destroy the valua of RP epics even further

I would like to know why there is a cap myself. Shouldn't the meta keep evolving?

sigma_468x60.jpg

#26 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 27 September 2021 - 15:26

Moving forward I believe new titan drops should be used to invent the epic gear. Just looking at how cow milk still holding its value at 200fsp minimum, it's seem to work.

With the increase cap at +7 I don't see any reason to why anyone should hunt any new titan other then getting a cheaper epic gear which will destroy the valua of RP epics even further

I would like to know why there is a cap myself. Shouldn't the meta keep evolving?

On board.

Inventing ting where you need more Epics to make better Epics type thing.

The cap I'm not so sure about. My appeal to Epics is that they let me Regen my Stam faster, which means I can play the game longer. I can't see that why that is a bad thing.

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 16:13

On board.

Inventing ting where you need more Epics to make better Epics type thing.

The cap I'm not so sure about. My appeal to Epics is that they let me Regen my Stam faster, which means I can play the game longer. I can't see that why that is a bad thing.

Especially when realistically we get like 2 maybe 3 new EOC epics a year. It will take 3-5 years to have a full set of +8.

#28 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2021 - 04:13

Well to be honest, I was told years ago that more stamina gain relics would not be added and to not ask about them again. Then a few years later, holy smokes there is a lot of stam gain relics now haha. The moral of the story is that anything could be on the table if the situation is right.

In terms of activity, they should have capped max stamina to like 200,000 or 300,000 to encourage players to play more often. Having consistent events will help with activity / reducing overflow stamina.

I like the idea of having another titan that drops a component to make other epics. I also like the idea of new epics having a decay feature. After X number of days, the item doesn't give you any stats / benefits anymore (you would have to keep getting the drops for the benefit). If you were to add +8 epics it should be via GvG to bring life back to that and/or a decay feature to it.

Edited by Windbattle, 29 September 2021 - 04:25.

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 13:05

Well to be honest, I was told years ago that more stamina gain relics would not be added and to not ask about them again. Then a few years later, holy smokes there is a lot of stam gain relics now haha. The moral of the story is that anything could be on the table if the situation is right.

In terms of activity, they should have capped max stamina to like 200,000 or 300,000 to encourage players to play more often. Having consistent events will help with activity / reducing overflow stamina.

I like the idea of having another titan that drops a component to make other epics. I also like the idea of new epics having a decay feature. After X number of days, the item doesn't give you any stats / benefits anymore (you would have to keep getting the drops for the benefit). If you were to add +8 epics it should be via GvG to bring life back to that and/or a decay feature to it.

Max stam has nothing to do with activity. It just means when you cannot play, when you come back you are able to play more. The problem with activity is only when people are honed in on one aspect of the game such as "GXP Grinding".

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 03:01

an App roadmap would be nice for 2022

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 12:54

an App roadmap would be nice for 2022

I would hope this would end in Completion.

#32 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 23:17

Max stam has nothing to do with activity. It just means when you cannot play, when you come back you are able to play more. The problem with activity is only when people are honed in on one aspect of the game such as "GXP Grinding".

If your stamina bank is smaller, then you are forced to come back to use stamina or it overflows, aka more activity in some sense. By having a large stamina bank it discourages people from playing as often because they want to maximize their stamina by using more of it at one time, basic principle in the game.

I agree that you need to have consistent and fun events to encourage people to use their stamina. That is the other side to this issue.

In regards to the app, I hope they finish it soon. I don't plan on using it much and would rather attention be given to coding / improving different areas of the game. I would be interested to see the stats on how many people are using the app regularly compared to playing on the computer. 

Edited by Windbattle, 30 September 2021 - 23:20.

#33 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:22

There is no Bonfire Night in the roadmap, but since it isn't a big event it's not a big deal, maybe we could add something more to it?

Maybe a Titan that drops a Component part to invent another Epic, but it also uses the Fawkes Wickerman original Armor? 

Great work with the comunication, love to see it.

#34 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:47

If your stamina bank is smaller, then you are forced to come back to use stamina or it overflows, aka more activity in some sense. By having a large stamina bank it discourages people from playing as often because they want to maximize their stamina by using more of it at one time, basic principle in the game.

I agree that you need to have consistent and fun events to encourage people to use their stamina. That is the other side to this issue.

In regards to the app, I hope they finish it soon. I don't plan on using it much and would rather attention be given to coding / improving different areas of the game. I would be interested to see the stats on how many people are using the app regularly compared to playing on the computer. 

I use the app for every hunt... Mainly because there is little or no lag on the app
However, there are still many things that I find it easier to do via the browser.... gathering potions from the AH, using the buff market, getting dressed and ready to go....
Once these things are done, hunting is smooth sailing, at least for me...

I have barely half a clue as to how many others use the app exclusively.  I do know that many of the newer players that signed up on the app are reluctant to use a browser unless they absolutely have to... This is evident from the many times they've come with questions about how to find this or that critter or item.  I can't count how many times I've had to tell someone how to access the UFSG via the app just so they can learn to find things there...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#35 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:05

There is no Bonfire Night in the roadmap, but since it isn't a big event it's not a big deal, maybe we could add something more to it?

Maybe a Titan that drops a Component part to invent another Epic, but it also uses the Fawkes Wickerman original Armor? 

Great work with the comunication, love to see it.

woohoo, awesome, bout time someone brought it up, ive thought about it for years, Guy Fawkes needs an update HCS!!!

#36 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:54

I use my stamina everyday despite the size. Many people do, more to the game than GXP/hunting.

#37 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 20:22

So, is the FS community happy with this?

(BTW, latest roadmap is pinned in general discussion)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: