Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:33

Hello everyone

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have been unable to push the next update in time for this week, which includes the new Daily Quest Reroll and the new Player Skills. We aim to try and get this to you as soon as we can.

We would like to formally apologise for this. 

If it could alleviate your frustration in any way, I would like to share with you the details of this update:

The Daily Quest Reroll will allow you to reroll your Daily Quest an unlimited number of time per day. The first reroll is FREE, and subsequent rerolls will cost FSP-- increasing in cost the more rerolls you perform.

It will also add some new skills to the Player Skill Tree.

Relentless - Offense (Lvl 2000)
+0.15% per point of Damage is transferred to Attack (casting level can be adjusted from your Preferences)

Aegis Shield - Defense (Lvl 2000)
+0.15% per point of Defense is transferred to Armor (casting level can be adjusted from your Preferences)

Avenger - Offense (Lvl 4000)
+0.03% per point boost to Damage when an opponent hits you (Max 5)

Soul Guard - Defense (Lvl 4500)
+0.1% chance per point that an attack that would otherwise defeat the player instead has their hit points reduced to 1

The following skills will also become available on the Player Skill Tree:

Allied Frenzy - Defense (Lvl 3500)
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point

Guild Berserker - Offense (Lvl 3500)
Increase the effectiveness of First Strike, Nullify, and Breaker in GVG Only

Gambler - Special (Lvl 3500)
+0.1% chance per point that a random stat will be tripled while all other stats are halved at the start of combat

Healer - Defense (Lvl 4000)
+0.01% per point chance that players health will fully restore after any given combat round

I will also share with you the patch notes for this update:
  • Composing costs have been added to the Composing Multi Brew panel
  • Daily Quest Re-roll has been added to the Questbook
  • New skills have been added to Player Skill Tree
  • New skill cast levels have been added to Settings
  • PvP Stamina hit value now set to Player Preference

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We hope to bring this update to you all as soon as possible.

~ Fallen Sword Team

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:46

Soul Guard - Defense (Lvl 4500)
A chance that an attack that would otherwise defeat the player instead has their hit points reduced to 1

So exactly the same as Force Shield with a different name.

Screenshot everything!

#3 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:51

So exactly the same as Force Shield with a different name.

Force Shield reduces incoming damage to 1.

Soul Guard, however, will save you from death and leave you with 1 hit point  :)

Hope this clears up any confusion!

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:57

Force Shield reduces incoming damage to 1.

Soul Guard, however, will save you from death and leave you with 1 hit point  :)

Hope this clears up any confusion!

Oh, so a different version of Last Ditch.  Sorry, my mistake.

Screenshot everything!

#5 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:15

Oh, so a different version of Last Ditch.  Sorry, my mistake.

Yes, they are quite similar, but with a couple of little differences:

Last Ditch can only activate once per combat, and will always restore 20% of your HP.

Whereas Soul Guard can be activated at any time, but will only leave you with 1 HP.

#6 werswet

werswet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:42

If players are going to pay FSP for reroll DQ, would DQ content be updated?

#7 missshiv

missshiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:52

This "Max 5" comment, is that a max 5% boost or max 5 times activation during total combat rounds?

#8 ColtColt

ColtColt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 14:58

Without the part of paying to choose your Daily Quest, it promising

#9 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 16:37

I'm impressed! Worth the wait!

Keep up the great work!

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 16:44

Copied from Discord

Before I jump in I just want to thank you for your time and investment. There are some things that i do like in the new buffs (Transfer buffs are great for PvP assuming this is something Player 1 has control over not Player 2!), but there are some i don't (Soul Guard in specific which begs a bigger picture argument) and unfortunately due to the current state of PvP being so fragile as it is the bad take precedence.

@Arioche please take my response into consideration. This is the general sentiment of the PvP community. We do not want more RNG buffs. RNG buffs takes away any sort of skill/fun from PvP and turns it into

A. More of a rich mans game (Those who pot with epic chests and those who don't) and or
2a. This creates a huge barrier of entry for new players or existing players that don't pay to play constantly. They will just get DEMOLISHED. and
B. RNG clown fiesta whoever activates more wins.

Should we have some RNG buffs? My answer to this would be yes (basically all the old ones ageless/savagery/shield strike/ lower level FS/LD). Ageless is fine, we have a direct counter "wither", Savagery is more or less fine it's such a low proc chance and if we are speaking purely savagery alone you can counter it with stats. Shield Strike is also fine as there is a trade off to use it and it's a necessary buff to keep armor users as relevant as they can be (You run shield strike if to are wearing an armor set, defense cant run it as its suicide).  Force shield and LD i think are fine, the problem is the power creep you can get FS to activate 57.5% of the time and LD to activate once 100% of the time with high level chests. That and the fact that the other outlined buffs High guard, Golden Shield, dispel curse and invert exist.

This is just simply unfun and i cannot participate in PvP if we keep caking on RNG that automatically will determine combat outcome. This is the sentiment of my guild and i'm sure just about every other PvP guild/Player .

We are extremely open to conversation on the topic of PvP. We are yearning for it actually.

https://discord.com/...117289796562996is an additional response in #suggestions.

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 March 2022 - 19:21.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 18:01

Could you please elaborate on this in regards to exactly where in the skill order it activates? You don't need to list out the whole tree just after/before which buff. We need this information to fully understand it's implications. Lastly Additive or multiplicative, this lasts for the entire combat? 

Avenger should be changed to ATTACK instead of damage.

This is going to be a direct counter to armor sets as suggested. Armor is already terrible, this needs to be changed to attack. If this is added as is, it's a mistake.

If avenger remains damage

- Armor is weaker against armor
- Defense (which through the current meta involves tons of HP through fortitude/sc) is stronger against armor

^^You often never 1 shot a defense set done right, in-fact not even 6 shot. Because of this defense sets will actually become STRONGER against armor sets.

If avenger is changed to attack

- Armor is stronger against defense

Armor still does not NEARLY stack up against defense, with that in mind ATTACK ALL DAY ;).

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 March 2022 - 18:21.

#12 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 20:03

Well said epic, all of it

#13 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 20:06

Could you please elaborate on this in regards to exactly where in the skill order it activates? You don't need to list out the whole tree just after/before which buff. We need this information to fully understand it's implications. Lastly Additive or multiplicative, this lasts for the entire combat? 

Avenger should be changed to ATTACK instead of damage.

This is going to be a direct counter to armor sets as suggested. Armor is already terrible, this needs to be changed to attack. If this is added as is, it's a mistake.

If avenger remains damage

- Armor is weaker against armor
- Defense (which through the current meta involves tons of HP through fortitude/sc) is stronger against armor

^^You often never 1 shot a defense set done right, in-fact not even 6 shot. Because of this defense sets will actually become STRONGER against armor sets.

If avenger is changed to attack

- Armor is stronger against defense

Armor still does not NEARLY stack up against defense, with that in mind ATTACK ALL DAY ;).

defence is used for the ladder and not GvG. Armour serves its purpose and so does defence. defence for dueling and armour for armies. You just need to win 1 GvG attack and an enemy in full defence is likely to be hit atleast once and aslong as your damage hits past their armour + hp you will 1 hit (aslong as last ditch and forceshield dont proc)
attack beats defence and damage beats armour and hp, you cant have enough damage and attack to hit through their defences while having enough defences to defend from the attack with the same buffs activated and in bis gear for both sides. Its scissors paper rock all the way through with a little roll of RNG in GvGs :)

Edited by Guest1, 31 March 2022 - 20:07.

#14 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 20:17

In perfect fs world there would be balance in defence and armor, without too much rng gods involvement.

Edited by Artzik, 31 March 2022 - 20:55.

#15 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 21:36

Plus Defense already has an overpowered buff with Fumble....And at high levels, 4k+ at least, the amount of good Attack+Armour sets is pretty low.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 22:29

defence is used for the ladder and not GvG. Armour serves its purpose and so does defence. defence for dueling and armour for armies. You just need to win 1 GvG attack and an enemy in full defence is likely to be hit atleast once and aslong as your damage hits past their armour + hp you will 1 hit (aslong as last ditch and forceshield dont proc)
attack beats defence and damage beats armour and hp, you cant have enough damage and attack to hit through their defences while having enough defences to defend from the attack with the same buffs activated and in bis gear for both sides. Its scissors paper rock all the way through with a little roll of RNG in GvGs :)

Armor in itself is not for GvG. You will lose so fast in an armor setup in GvG. You GvG with hybrid which uses the best qualities of both defense and armor mostly on targets that are not buffed/slightly buffed and offline. Hybrid "Typically" does not work very well in "ACTIVE" PvP Combat.

If we are talking ACTIVE GvG's and people try not to laugh at that statement (Which rarely happens anymore due to RNG Clown Fiesta PvP has become). You treat it just the same as "the ladder". You still might be able to squeak out some Slight hybrid utility (Namely maybe a tiny bit of armor from one piece of gear in the 9th slot) in a high end PvP Battle in a GvG but not really (Even ladder for that matter). You are alittle bit misinformed about armor, especially big picture.

If you would like to have deeper fundamental conversations on this hit me up i'd be glad to help. There are also other good resources that could educate you on how to have the most success in PvP/GvG like some of the other top 5 PvP/GvG Guilds. TEOG, KOTFW, and RIOT.

A good research topic would be the side effects of PS/Crit simultaneously. There has been a few write ups on this topic.

My point still stands about changing the fundamentals of Avenger to work for Attack. It is the ideal change and leaving it at damage is harmful to PvP.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 April 2022 - 00:09.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 00:24

Plus Defense already has an overpowered buff with Fumble....And at high levels, 4k+ at least, the amount of good Attack+Armour sets is pretty low.

Exactly and the sad part is even if we did have set options for armor attack it won't be enough. We need more changes to buffs to incentivize viability in armor setups not just Defense.

#18 nickkc420

nickkc420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 April 2022 - 01:30

In addition to what EP said damage is not hard to get... There are already many was to drastically increase your damage which has helped make armor sub par. The lack of ways to increase attack has kept defense in a dominate position couple that with what has been previously stated about attack reducing buffs  flinch+fumble and dispel curse it makes it very easy to unresolve combats. 

I too would like to see avenger be changed to effect attack. 

#19 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 01:35

Thanks for the update Arioche

Would you consider changing Avenger to increase armor instead of damage and stack up to 20?

This would help make armor a viable option in PVP combat where the meta is to use defense 90% of the time.

Currently, if someone does have enough armor to cover the opponent's damage it's not "safe" because there is a 20% chance a piercing strike will occur reducing armor by 50%. So essentially versus an armor defender, the player will eventually land a hit with a piercing strike and do more than 1 damage. If Avenger was to boost armor, players can still get lucky but that luck needs to be within the first 5-10 hits instead of piercing strike to eventually happen at any point in the combat.

Edited by Emperor Sidd, 01 April 2022 - 01:36.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 02:10

In addition to what EP said damage is not hard to get... There are already many was to drastically increase your damage which has helped make armor sub par. The lack of ways to increase attack has kept defense in a dominate position couple that with what has been previously stated about attack reducing buffs  flinch+fumble and dispel curse it makes it very easy to unresolve combats. 

I too would like to see avenger be changed to effect attack. 

Correct and Flinch needs to be nerfed. Right now i don't know exactly how much. But it needs to be nerfed enough so attack defense generically speaking beats defense dmg and armor attack beats attack defense... To put it simply.

Right now Defense damage reigns supreme in almost every regard which is not good for balance.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 April 2022 - 03:06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: