Praetor's Content

There have been 100 items by Praetor (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#868025 Chance to flee... Why!?!?

Posted by Praetor on 11 May 2014 - 14:44 in Suggestions

Actually when they run they are not hitting you...but if you are ranged (ranger, prophet, mage) you are still hitting them. So significantly lowers damage inflicted by the mob when this chance roll activates. This is useful for the non melee classes.

#867374 Mage Request

Posted by Praetor on 07 May 2014 - 23:39 in Suggestions

As a player who runs a level 45 mage and who has been playing the game for several months I request that the frostbite become a distance snare.  Reason is that in dungeon instances it would be very useful to support the team, as currently don't use it at all except for spiders with Lord Undeath in BT.

Other class snares are distance snares. Mages are stuck with a snare that requires mage to run into midst of mobs but otherwise mage is a distance class. Mages have the lightest armor (along with prophets) so makes no sense for a snare to be under the mages feet. Mage class is not designed to run into the middle of the mobs in dungeons.

This would really help mages in their support of parties.

Opinions?

#867249 Total lack of solo rewards in game

Posted by Praetor on 07 May 2014 - 12:15 in Suggestions

US $60 = 7500ep = 15000g (in game 1:2 exchange rate).
15000/6000 = 2.5g per US penny.

100g = 40 US cents.

Therefore grinding for 100g for 1 hour means you are willing to "work" for 40 US cents per hour.

This is a textbook case of Skinner box conditioning.

#867110 Bot solution

Posted by Praetor on 06 May 2014 - 11:56 in Suggestions

It may be that bots are all low level because I have been gathering for months and never seen a bot. Even when I gather low level resources (copper for example) in Nidaros -- no bots. IMO these threads about bots and botting are all waste of time.

#866724 Why Do you not pvp?- suggestion post

Posted by Praetor on 03 May 2014 - 10:42 in Suggestions

Unbalanced teams occur but not often. Main problem there is it discourages newbies. However queue solo should be just that...so no secret group queuing. PVP should not execute the queue if there are both group and solo. Either all group or all solo.

#866722 ★★★List of all suggestions★★★

Posted by Praetor on 03 May 2014 - 10:34 in Suggestions

Make everything in Utility shop area available in the Loyalty shop area: http://forums.hunted...topic=63031&hl=

#866719 2 Rows on Potion Bar

Posted by Praetor on 03 May 2014 - 09:44 in Suggestions

Alternatively, just widen the potion bar to 8 slots. At least on my browser, the spell bar + potion bar is not centered over the XP bar, it is "right justified". So there is room to widen the potion bar to 8 slots and still not occupy all space above XP bar.

#866532 Repair Costs Game Breaker I.M.O.

Posted by Praetor on 02 May 2014 - 11:56 in Suggestions

This thread is only valid for tanks. The rest of you make more from the drops than your repair bills cost, easily. Either distribute durability loss between all member in the group, or adjust the durability on heavy armor. If you are not a tank and are dying a lot, then seek advise on your setup and gameplay or seek help on tougher quests.

Zargon this is not true. For example, I ran a BT run yesterday and died (due to group wipe in boss room where there is no escape). And I received only one fair gem as a drop for the run...and not a popular one so unlikely to sell soon if ever. Also I have run RG and BT runs and received zero drops (except fusion powder) for an entire run.

For BT primary cause of group wipe is when healer dies. The spiders on that one corner, Lady Screamo, and (rarely) if the spiders get the healer on Lord Deathguy. Reason is healer has to be close to tank, and dps have to group close for chain.

Now you can say "get a good group" and yes I have had groups where tank is strong enough where I have been able to rez the healer, or where the healer is good enough to never die. But realize there are always new 45's coming up and starting on BT and RG. Experienced players (me for example) help train them. Finally, there is a big difference when the tank has the level 45 gear or still has only the 40 gear.

Experienced groups can run BT/RG with zero deaths repeatedly...not all or even most groups fit this description.

#866465 Mage / Prophet Staff DPS

Posted by Praetor on 02 May 2014 - 01:30 in Suggestions

Point being that all offensive items for melee classes are melee dps. Not true for mages, prophets, rangers.

#866447 Mage / Prophet Staff DPS

Posted by Praetor on 01 May 2014 - 23:27 in Suggestions

This has been requested before but I am posting it again because I have never seen a response by staff as to why they have not done this.

Please change the mage/prophet staff melee DPS to sorcery.

Templars, Warriors, Assassins, and Rangers all get weapon DPS (melee or ranged) as well as a side item that gives melee or ranged DPS. Only Mages and Prophets get an essence for sorcery but a melee DPS staff.

Please fix this.

As well as fixing the loot table for staffs, please set up a schedule for Cow personnel to be at the ec fountain where we can trade our existing staffs for the new ones with sorcery (instead of melee) DPS. People can submit tickets to indicate they request a replacement so staff will know how many need a replacement (and what kind of staff).

#866445 No! And Here is Why

Posted by Praetor on 01 May 2014 - 23:16 in Suggestions

I suggest a thread where the HC staff can indicate why they chose not to implement various suggestions by players. That way we won't keep posting suggestion threads that have been previously posted.

#866002 Anyone got ideas for more benefits of being a supporter?

Posted by Praetor on 30 April 2014 - 02:15 in Suggestions

Well...currently loyalty points are pretty worthless. Simple solution is to make the utility items able to be purchased with loyalty points. Prestige points? Meh. Don't care, don't want them. Won't use them if I had them.

To mongo's point: a level 45 character doesn't really gain much benefit for being a supporter over just buying the EP. Let us spend the loyalty points on items in the shop that are currently EP and I don't mean vanity items!

#865483 About crafting and dungeon sets

Posted by Praetor on 27 April 2014 - 08:21 in Suggestions

...I think it would be nice if maybe some crafts we can use on the spot.  example, maybe for alchemy and cooking (assume that food that we eat for heal/buff stuff)  after we have gathered what we need we can just bring up the recipes, click on what we want to make and create it where ever we are instead of going back to an npc to create it...

Well with cooking you can if you have the materials. Just make a campfire with some wood.

#865409 Summoned wolf pet - more aggro

Posted by Praetor on 26 April 2014 - 20:45 in Suggestions

Heck the ranger already has 2 additional talents which buff the wolf. The mage elemental gets none. What makes the wolf need even more?

#865247 Whispers

Posted by Praetor on 25 April 2014 - 22:15 in Suggestions

If you are doing a lot of whispering with one person, just do Fn6, and both give the same chat name. Then you have a private chat window and you can just talk with them.

#864746 Targeting cycling

Posted by Praetor on 23 April 2014 - 16:37 in Suggestions

Not correct if you are close enough. Tab will cycle through the opponents.

#864129 Tanks & Bank balance

Posted by Praetor on 20 April 2014 - 23:55 in Suggestions

Double post deleted

#864113 Tanks & Bank balance

Posted by Praetor on 20 April 2014 - 22:27 in Suggestions

Simple solution: groups agree that tanks need on all defined gems from BT/RG. Done.

#863746 Dungeon daily quests

Posted by Praetor on 18 April 2014 - 21:38 in Suggestions

The flip side is...professions can earn you a LOT of gold or EP if you do the dailies. Way more than just selling gathered items. 50 AP = 1 flake = 60g/30EP. So the question "How do I make gold in this game" is definitively answered.

#863139 Transferring Bound Items Between Alts

Posted by Praetor on 16 April 2014 - 03:50 in Suggestions

I dunno -- most people make alternate characters different from their mains, so they wouldn't "pass down" gear. And the only bound items they could pass to an alt would be gloves and boots...so the alt would still have to run the dungeons for the relics and remnants needed for chest, pants, and hood, plus for crafted weapons.

#862259 Fun Idea: Random Pot Drops

Posted by Praetor on 12 April 2014 - 07:13 in Suggestions

These used to exist in very old D&D style MMO's, but here is the idea for this game: some drops would be, instead of fusion power, a "random pot". Different colors, but the color does not indicate what's in it -- you have to drink it to find out.

So drink and you get a random buff OR it changes what your character looks like on the screen for some time duration (say 10 minutes). So for example *poof* you are now a Blue Squirrel. No effect on your stats but you run around as a Blue Squirrel (or sheep, or baby raptor, or whatever). No large creatures so as to not negatively impact dungeons player viewpoint, but can be character size or smaller.

These pots would not be bound so could be traded but of course you don't know whats in it. Could be a buff, or could be you become a small furry animal for 10 minutes. Squeek squeek!

#862254 2 Things i truly want to see in game

Posted by Praetor on 12 April 2014 - 06:51 in Suggestions

Part of travel means knowing the shortcuts. For example:

(1) Champions Hall to Order of Life lets you bypass the palace in going North/South between the EC center circle to the north gate

(2) Portal between Arcane Sanctum and Eldevin Barracks

(3) Void portals provide access between Arcane Sanctum in EC, Vestor Fields in Eldevin East which is access to Mountain Pass (to Blossom Ridge) and alternate route to Mythos, Othalo (via GC), and Isle of Nasaroth

(4) Another portal from EC circle to Isle of Nasaroth

(5) Crimson Passage which is shortcut from Eldevin East NE corner (Mountain Passage) to SE corner (Nidaros & Broken Shore)

(6) Free boat travel to Illaneska avoiding dragon travel cost

(7) Teleport scrolls to Othalo

(8) Dragon travel all over, more access areas as you progress through the levels

Some of these require higher levels either to access or survive (don't take the Crimson passage as a lower level character).

#862035 Risk n Reward System for PvP

Posted by Praetor on 11 April 2014 - 15:43 in Suggestions

There are no rewards, but you can already duel 1x1 in the arena.

#861796 Ability to return to Forbidding Isle

Posted by Praetor on 10 April 2014 - 18:02 in Suggestions

+1

#861751 Transferring Bound Items Between Alts

Posted by Praetor on 10 April 2014 - 16:10 in Suggestions

I think bound items should be free to be transferred to alts. For one thing, that would encourage players to pay for extra character slots, thus this would be a net money maker for Cow. So binding should be per account, not character.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: