ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:06

Please HCS can we get any word, even if it is a no, of something being done to improve the usefulness of Medium Armor for assassins.

You know as it stands that Heavy Armor is by far the best armor for us to wear and we are slowly losing people who have been staying on Medium Armor to the better stats of Heavy Armor.

Please fix this or at least tell us that we should all switch to Heavy Armor. I guess if you do that then you can stop making Medium Armor +melee sets at least...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 Keldray

Keldray

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:48

You know that reminds me of a youtube video i've checked once about Guild wars 2 about a guy explaining how to make an elementalist, ended up deleting his elementalist and created a rogue and shown how much better the rogue is, this kinda whats reflected on assassins in Eldevin, you want to play an assassin? Respec into a warrior, assassin is so weak sauce right now, for the naysayers go check my posts in the 2 suggestion pinned posts, and you'll understand why it's weak.

http://forums.hunted...ic=57303&page=2

http://forums.hunted...ic=58622&page=3

Edited by Keldray, 20 March 2014 - 04:16.

#3 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2014 - 13:05

was thinking to make a post of it ................

so let me add my points too here itself.....

well it was very recent that there were protest against storm fix (am not against any warrior or ranger ) and on seeing that it was too low for AOE farming , it was buffed up to a standard though the rangers had other means to survive , was a good upgrade actually ......

but this is my about 5th or 6th post about the frozen spires and soul fire nerf............(had posts from other assassins too)

i don say it was upgraded from 15 to 30 but isnt it true that its the only  AOE skill assassins got and the nerfed one ...... :ph34r:

there are 4dps classes rangers (aoe) warrior(aoe) mage(aoe) assassin(single attack)

why theres such a imbalance :blink:

i dont say reduce the other classes skills but why do u guys make the assassins imbalanced completely ......

am sure there will be protests that assassins are OP in pvp ,

it purely depends on how you use your skills..........

but if other classes can BOTH AOE AND PVP why not assassins?? <_<

and i completely dont understand why spires damage and soul fire healing is nerfed , when they where OP??.......

if theres some pretty good valid reason please let us know ,

and if you say assassins are good at AOE atm plz show us in what way its possible ...........double spires is the only go , have to keep running even wen last spire was over , waiting for cd .......and its not possible to use acid ...........

in any way warriors, mages and  rangers are better than the assassins in AOE , dont want to compete other classes but y not make it equal....

why such difference or assassins are not meant for AOE ???

as ernzor said if this continues soon the sins may become extinct :wacko:

and special mention to rangers , we supported u guys for storm buff and made u happy so its time for u to make us happy.....

Note : looking for atleast a  response  from HCS .............if what we felt was wrong please explain the correct thing , but personally dont feel so :P

THANKS

#4 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 16:29

It is true there has been blurring of the classes. Some of this is due to the PvE versus PvP factor.

#5 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 March 2014 - 18:12

I really hope that assassin gets buffed a bit. i also hope that something is added to enhance the usefulness of medium armor.

I'll admit that this issue is why my assassin is lvl 8 and my warrior is 31.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 19:31

I know this topic and different points about the assassin major nerf have been brought up plenty of times, as far as I can remember the only response we have had was straight after the spire nerf saying that they would relook at it. That resulted (I think) in the increase to Watch Your Step which was nice, but would like to know about this Medium Armor issue.

Should I just junk my Medium Armor set HCS? I have the relics to buy the Heavy Armor set on me, if I have to switch just let me know...

When lvl 50 is here

#7 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:59

still no replies ............we r waiting HCS

and wanted to suggest a small thing which AWOL already did...................

y dont make acid effect like spires , means once u stand on  it its effective until its 10sec cast is over ..........so the spire nerf-soul fire wouldnt affect the AOE and we may be happy back

#8 Keldray

Keldray

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:39

still no replies ............we r waiting HCS

and wanted to suggest a small thing which AWOL already did...................

y dont make acid effect like spires , means once u stand on  it its effective until its 10sec cast is over ..........so the spire nerf-soul fire wouldnt affect the AOE and we may be happy back

You're not making sense, you want to make acid pool to only damage monsters when they walk on it? That's basically asking to nerf assassins even more. In fact i only use acid pool because spire IS useless.

Edited by Keldray, 21 March 2014 - 05:40.

#9 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:42

You're not making sense, you want to make acid pool to only damage monsters when they walk on it? That's basically asking to nerf assassins even more. In fact i only use acid pool because spire IS useless.

nope , u got it wrong wat i meant was once they r touched by acid let its effect continue until the its over ...now its that if u stand it hurts.........

what i mean is let it hurt till its duration is over even if you move out from it

#10 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 21:56

Can we get a yes or no on this please?

When lvl 50 is here

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 March 2014 - 22:33

Even I must support this thread tbh. I find it a bit pointless to plan,produce,and put effort into a entire classes special armor sets if it doesn't even have benefits of using it. Being as beneficial as it is for a sin to use heavy armor and spec into HA talents,makes medium armor irrelevant.

Edited by HuMoR, 24 March 2014 - 22:34.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#12 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 23:13

I am on the verge of running TR a few more times to get the relics to purchase a HA set (had enough but bought some rems :( ). I never thought it would come to that...

When lvl 50 is here

#13 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:37

Hey guys,

Assassin are already one of the highest single target dps classes, we are aware that your level 40 skill "Concealed" isn't great and we're either going to rework it into more dps or some sort of defensive bonus / stealth.  

We've been very busy with the 1.1 update but I'm sure after it's released we'll be focusing on quality of life improvements etc for a while ;)

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#14 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:42

That's good to hear mojawk, an upgrade to concealed would be welcome.

these quality of life improvements will be something to look forward too, i hope then we can get a comment on the medium armor aspect though. I don't want the set artists to feel bad that no one is using their sets as we get more benefit from heavy armor.

When lvl 50 is here

#15 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 13:41

This is the relic sets which are a bit naff right? I wonder if the heavy and medium need some class specific bonuses to separate them. In particular the heavy sets could maybe be duplicated into a warrior focused set and a templar focused set, as medium is already split into ranger and assasin.

What sort of changes would you folks suggest stat wise?

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#16 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:03

I would only suggest a bigger dept and utility maybe you could enchance a skill ( spires, concoction ) for each piece of medium armor equipped, the main deficit of assassin imo( i havent played assassin) is aoe and doing something like this would make assassins want to wear medium armor

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#17 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:10

Armor bonus from heavy to over all stat gained is far better option for assin use heavy armor then medium Mele gear!

Skill Assin Tree need's Medoium gear Crit bonus kinda worthless - looking at heavy gear - many hybered option for def bonus to att bonus worth more then small crit bonus!

Less Def less att power over all, issue with skill's making them hard do as needed get close!

Agro reduction one thing but add hide skill option concele so get close beofre engaing in combat! Require Medioum gear*

Something make Medium worth using for lack of def - att bonus that curntly better option!

Mele Medioum

Pro.

Crit bonus

Repair cost bit lower

Con.

Lack def

lack surviablite

Heavy Mele

Pro.

Def

Att power

Crit

Higher surviblitty

Con.

More repair  bill's

Off set Hybered option!

Heavy many more option - Assin go heavy then Medium option!

Edited by redsmokeboy, 25 March 2014 - 14:19.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#18 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:12

I'd have to agree with susej to a extent,wether it be a new talent introduced to spec into that makes lethal or spires strong while only wearing medium melee gear. Or even a extra additive damage and speed enhancement of some sort. As you can scrap a med set right now and spec into HA talents for not only more defense,but more dps as well.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:38

Armor bonus from heavy to over all stat gained is far better option for assin use heavy armor then medium Mele gear!

Skill Assin Tree need's Medoium gear Crit bonus kinda worthless - looking at heavy gear - many hybered option for def bonus to att bonus worth more then small crit bonus!

Less Def less att power over all, issue with skill's making them hard do as needed get close!

Agro reduction one thing but add hide skill option concele so get close beofre engaing in combat! Require Medioum gear*

Something make Medium worth using for lack of def - att bonus that curntly better option!

Mele Medioum

Pro.

Crit bonus

Repair cost bit lower

Con.

Lack def

lack surviablite

Heavy Mele

Pro.

Def

Att power

Crit

Higher surviblitty

Con.

More repair  bill's

Off set Hybered option!

Heavy many more option - Assin go heavy then Medium option!

Actually^ this has bee tested and confirmed to be false frog.(No i'm not attacking you either,just saying that info isn't correct.)

ALL sets(of the same tier) have the same exact repair cost from a single tick. The only difference would be if you took longer to kill something which is return means you get hit more. As you can spec into more dps using heavy armor not only do you get more survivability but you will also kill faster and save money on repair costs.

So really....there are 0 cons to choosing heavy armor,which is why this problem exists. Double your survivability,increase your maximum DPS,have more crit, which is why all these lvl 40 assassins are running around in heavy gear.

I feel it should be just like what l3fty mentioned fully class specific armor sets. Split heavy armor sets into 2 a warrior set and a templar. Heavy defense and Heavy offense,make them unique so that way they are more desirable to their set class,(I believe the uniqueness for medium melee armor has yet to be achieved as no one really uses it). Could even further it by doing the same with mages and prophets on light armors,they are fine how they are now in my opinion it seems most are happy with it,but it could even be split into 2, Light offensive and Light support.

So In response to l3fty- I would suggest a slight but noticeable movement difference,with a additive ability/talent to increase their AOE's or full DPS by having a medium melee set equipped.

Edited by HuMoR, 25 March 2014 - 14:52.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:44

I wonder if the heavy and medium need some class specific bonuses to separate them.

I think this is the best solution. A talent buff (stronger talent buff) for assassins focused on medium armor would go a long ways here.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: