• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 16:12

Full TR heavy set have same stats as medium sin set, but  heavy have 177 in total more armor and 18 meele defense rating.

Full Heavy armor, maxed Battle Hardened gives 18% more meele attack power, maxed Stouthearded increases bonus defenses received from heavy armor items by 6%

Full Medium sin armor, maxed Ambidextrous 12% more crit with 1handeds, maxed Dexterous increase meele haste by 12%

So im not sure if medium armor realy that bad as many people say here

#22 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 16:24

It is a very easy difference to notice when using them,that 1/5 extra melee attack power passes the difference the crit % makes easily,and that 6% defense increase has a large effect in comparison to the dex and ambid from med sets spec'ed. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#23 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 19:39

This is the relic sets which are a bit naff right? I wonder if the heavy and medium need some class specific bonuses to separate them. In particular the heavy sets could maybe be duplicated into a warrior focused set and a templar focused set, as medium is already split into ranger and assasin.

What sort of changes would you folks suggest stat wise?

It is not just the relic sets that is the problem, but since that is what people aim for and end up wearing it may seem like that. As an assassin you can hybrid build into the warrior tree's "Battle Hardened" and each piece of HA you wear gives you more Attack Power.

The way thing ares currently it is MUCH more beneficial to put the 2 pts we would normally put in our own skill "Ambidexterous" into BH. And then if we can spare one point somewhere else BH becomes even better.

I am one of the few assassins still specced into Medium Armor at end game content. Those at lower levels either havent figured it out yet, or like me just refuse to believe an assassin should wear Heavy Armor. Yes this gives me a deficit to my overall DPS, and the only benefit I get is a small increase to crit chance, which not many at all would care about.

So, Ambi needs a change/buff/whatever. A Spires increase for MA would be awesome. A dodge/dps increase for MA would be awesome.

Yes I can see where you are going with the seperating sets for different HA classes, but we already have that in MA. And it is NOT making these sets desirable for assassins if they are plaing smart.

These sets need to be desirable!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#24 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 20:39

Exactly what I was saying(make it desirable)  :) just split all the sets and make each one desirable for its own class and match the class. If that isn't done then there will remain a completely useless set that people have worked hard on making.(players and the HCS.)

Edited by HuMoR, 25 March 2014 - 20:39.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#25 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2014 - 23:52

Agreed, needs to be more incentive for using medium armor instead of heavy armor as an assassin.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#26 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:52

what could make me happy is new mid-level assain talent like

"each medium armor piece equipped increases your dmg of critical hits by 2/4/6%"

style5,Majjer.png

#27 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:10

I think MA shuold give a bit more Melee stats and less Vitality stats than it has now.
Now its mostly the same as HA (could see a minor difference at lvl 35-40 gear).

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#28 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 23:29

Now that the new content is out and we are building out new sets can you please let us know how (or if) this will be changed.

I dont want to waste hundreds of relics on a medium set if I would be better off in a heavy set.

When lvl 50 is here

#29 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 13:13

Make MA good armor if you want good attributes in melee (high dps):

- convert vitality to melee

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#30 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:58

not only that EJK, but the bonus you get from it (crit) for assassins is next to useless compared to other classes. Much more benefit to go heavy and get warrior bonus instead.

When lvl 50 is here

#31 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:18

Any response HCS? Am almost ready to spend relics on this set...

When lvl 50 is here

#32 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 21:16

Ok HCS, You win!. Your silence is too much for me. Going to stay Medium Armor and be a thorn in your side till something changes. Went out and bought the new set and now that I am not running the new dungeon endlessly hoping for gloves to drop I can spend more time thinking of new ways to get you to change MA :)

When lvl 50 is here

#33 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 18:09

Someone wrote that heavy armor should be att power, I don't like that idea. If you have medium armor you should be able to hit higher than if you got lots of metal-plates on your arm! 

As for concealed, I don't know if something have been done to that already, but my suggestion is you getting lower opacity (fade away) and reduce the range where mobs can see you (agro) 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#34 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 20:51

there was a boost to concealed already, you now get +20% dodge which is very nice!

When lvl 50 is here

#35 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 23:01

Bump again. HCS you stated in some recent posts that you have commented on all the things that people have been asking about for a long time. This has been going on for a long time (way before this thread started) and I havent heard anything about it. Can we get a yes/no/thinking about it response please?!

When lvl 50 is here

#36 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 23:36

Bump again. HCS you stated in some recent posts that you have commented on all the things that people have been asking about for a long time. This has been going on for a long time (way before this thread started) and I havent heard anything about it. Can we get a yes/no/thinking about it response please?!

HCS:Well I am thinking about.....................not responding to this post.

They answered it already. :D

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#37 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:16

I just wanted to drop in and let you know, we do read what you post. And your opinions are of interest to us as we move forward with design decisions. We have spoken in-house about solo dungeons and what that may mean for the player base as a whole. That doesn't mean anything will or won't come of it. I just wanted to let you know that we are discussing what you guys are saying is important to you.

The devs are watching. :)

This was posted in the solo dungeons thread, any chance of a similar response here please?

When lvl 50 is here

#38 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2014 - 15:48

We've not quite started on the quality of life but its coming after this weeks update, don't worry we've not forgotten about this!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#39 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 20:22

Good to hear mate, will stumble along in my medium set for now then :)

When lvl 50 is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: