34 replies to this topic

#1 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 16:35

Well i've had enough of tanking . With 64g repairs and only 30g in bank it is quite tough to live as a tank.

We are not beggars and we do not like begging to others for cash/kits/loot.

The insane amount of repair cost that are taken by us are not shared by other.

With the help of my friends and some generous friend i ran enough Times To get my 45 set and get it gem-ed almost and have ran dungeons just for them after getting the set.

INCLUDING: 72 kills of LORD UNDEAD just to get heavy gloves which i still have not got as a drop from it .[but thats another thing]

There are only About 4 tanks(including me) in game i am aware of that actually WANT TO BE TANKS

• xpwaste [already respected to warrior due to bankruptcy]
  • Fable     [about to get bankrupt]
  • medi3vil
  • Proffej

Other are just doing it for their 45 sets

• Shuttler
  • huhbum [ who's going to respec after he gets his set]
  • etc

​SUGGESTION

There is something needed to be done about repair costs.

I Do Not Know how or what you will do it, but there is surely a NEED for this matter to be looked into.

There have been many ideas give over it and i am sure devs are listening and have read and thought about what all people suggested.

Regards

A Tank who couldn't take it anymore. :)

Edited by xpwaste, 21 April 2014 - 08:54.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#2 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 16:46

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, another tank fallen.

Plz hcs i would suggest tank armor to take less durability damage

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#3 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:32

Noooooooo. I refuse! I'm gonna pimp slap you back to tank. Not acceptable. I got your fix man.

#4 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:57

to all tanks...who feel templars pay too much...show some support to the threads that you like and feel might help the class out.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#5 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:01

1 remnant a run avg---80-100ep--4 repair kits  :blink:

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#6 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:06

only if u get a rem per run or peer 4 runs. WHICH I BELIVE VODDOO MAGIC ON TANKS ROLLS doesnt let us get loots

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#7 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:09

only if u get a rem per run or peer 4 runs. WHICH I BELIVE VODDOO MAGIC ON TANKS ROLLS doesnt let us get loots

Especially when you have someone like lahara in your party. But for real mate, wait for me to get on I have propositions for you.

#8 Mithril

Mithril

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:51

Doge, the tank, aproves this post.

#9 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:56

i've not done the new lvl 45 dungeons yet so not sure how it is on repairs costs. is it the number of mobs before the boss thats the problem? or something else?

#10 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:08

i tried to tank and even with no deaths i was losing gold, drops wont cover even half price of repairs, so yes, tank is expensive to play now

#11 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:13

So...work out with your group-mate about the repair cost? If everyone chip in 5 EP each, you should be able to run at least 10 runs in per repair kit. Or you can work it out so that you can need everyone once in a while. 

You shouldn't be going bankrupt if your runs are cleans w/ no death. Don't repair your armor after every run. Repair when everything is broken w/ repair kit. All you really need to repair is shield+weapon combo. 

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#12 Mithril

Mithril

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:18

So...work out with your group-mate about the repair cost? If everyone chip in 5 EP each, you should be able to run at least 10 runs in per repair kit. Or you can work it out so that you can need everyone once in a while. 

You shouldn't be going bankrupt if your runs are cleans w/ no death. Don't repair your armor after every run. Repair when everything is broken w/ repair kit. All you really need to repair is shield+weapon combo. 

No.

Check section where OP stated "dont like to beg for repairs". Nor one has to (suposably). And the "dont repair after every run, use repair kits" you're assuming every tank has to be a supporter/ep buyer. Which for a "f2p" game, you shouldnt have to.

#13 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:25

No.

Check section where OP stated "dont like to beg for repairs". Nor one has to (suposably). And the "dont repair after every run, use repair kits" you're assuming every tank has to be a supporter/ep buyer. Which for a "f2p" game, you shouldnt have to.

Um what? That is NOT begging. In fact 90% of all drops from dungeons are vendored. Whats 1 need every couple runs?

Also, EP is currently 2:1, that's 50g for each repair kit. 10+ runs should easily get you enough gold to get a repair kit. BTW 10 run w/ 1 need every couple runs will net you around 45g @ lv 40, should easily get 50g@ lv 45. 

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#14 proffej

proffej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:27

I see im not on your list as  being a tank  !!!!! well thats fine with me as i enjoy being a tank and will always be a tank=) on you repair cost things i  was killing the boss bunnys  and became completely smashed to check the price it cost ? i showed my freinds  it coast 107 gold 53 silver and 36 bronze  for that repair bill thank god for repair kits  lol the game does cost to much and  now i fin it maken more cuts as now we cant add  pots of diferent skills like melee with acc pots kinda holding us back some more tanks need some love and cost need to be less or a lot will keep  running as a tank  i stoped running the lev 45 for the reason  its to expensive for me at this time !!!! Hcs you  need to fix it so we dont just be used as suporters in this game  someone said in game that we suport the  groups to go trew i saw we are the main and dps is suporters and tank and healers are the main  2 that make each run happen  =) happy  hunting and tanks forever !!!!! pots dont need to be stackable to give evn more of same skill but need to be able to  use all of them that work dif skills

I see im not on your list as  being a tank  !!!!! well thats fine with me as i enjoy being a tank and will always be a tank=) on you repair cost things i  was killing the boss bunnys  and became completely smashed to check the price it cost ? i showed my freinds  it coast 107 gold 53 silver and 36 bronze  for that repair bill thank god for repair kits  lol the game does cost to much and  now i fin it maken more cuts as now we cant add  pots of diferent skills like melee with acc pots kinda holding us back some more tanks need some love and cost need to be less or a lot will keep  running as a tank  i stoped running the lev 45 for the reason  its to expensive for me at this time !!!! Hcs you  need to fix it so we dont just be used as suporters in this game  someone said in game that we suport the  groups to go trew i saw we are the main and dps is suporters and tank and healers are the main  2 that make each run happen  =) happy  hunting and tanks forever !!!!! pots dont need to be stackable to give evn more of same skill but need to be able to  use all of them that work dif skills

#15 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 20:35

Personally I have high respect for tanks. I can't count the number of times I have supplied my tanks with kits or gold for repairs or loot to sell. We NEED them in this game and people should learn to be less greedy and allow them a larger share of the loot as they require more to be able to play successfully.

EDIT: There are some tanks that I have attempted to help but refuse my so called "hand outs" because I am apparently "attempting to buy them"

Edited by Swiggity, 21 April 2014 - 01:25.

#16 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 21:09

I have given out many repair kits to tanks in need and will continue to do so. Sorry xp, would have thrown some your way in our many glove runs thought you had it covered though.

Seriously though HCS with all the new pots why not make a new one that is like -200% durability loss or something, so tanks can take that and item will degrade slower.

Or have a special repair vendor just for tanks (have to have majority of pts in templar tree to access)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#17 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 22:16

I said all I really had to say in the main forum thread, please read there to check my views.

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=64498

#18 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 22:27

Simple solution: groups agree that tanks need on all defined gems from BT/RG. Done.

#19 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 23:55

Double post deleted

Edited by Praetor, 20 April 2014 - 23:55.

#20 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 00:00

as hubby is a tank I know what he pays for repairs because more often then not I am giving him repair kits or am giving him gold to cover those repairs the new dungeons are fun and me and him have done full runs not just glove and boot runs like some of the tanks have done not naming names but they know who they are have run with some that do full runs all the time and with those that do just the gloves and boot bosses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: