34 replies to this topic

#21 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:50

So...work out with your group-mate about the repair cost? If everyone chip in 5 EP each, you should be able to run at least 10 runs in per repair kit. Or you can work it out so that you can need everyone once in a while. 

You shouldn't be going bankrupt if your runs are cleans w/ no death. Don't repair your armor after every run. Repair when everything is broken w/ repair kit. All you really need to repair is shield+weapon combo. 

More like 5 runs with no deaths, its not like i have wipes on my every run.

I know what i am talking about and just want to share my opinion.

ON SIDE NOTE: you would not risk going in with less durability cuz if ur armour [even one piece] gets totally broke you are dead.

all i need to repair is shield + wepon?

gems are put in armour=armour gives maximum defence=broken armour=no stats=death.

EDIT: if we didnt need to repair armour why would i waste cash making absolute gems? why would anyone else?

Edited by xpwaste, 21 April 2014 - 08:51.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#22 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:54

I see im not on your list as  being a tank  !!!!! 

Sorry, i just put in the names of all tanks that were online that time.

Going to put in yours too.

Regards. :)

previously:

#23 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:03

Um what? That is NOT begging. In fact 90% of all drops from dungeons are vendored. Whats 1 need every couple runs?

Also, EP is currently 2:1, that's 50g for each repair kit. 10+ runs should easily get you enough gold to get a repair kit. BTW 10 run w/ 1 need every couple runs will net you around 45g @ lv 40, should easily get 50g@ lv 45. 

A run costs about 15-20g repair when done with no deaths.

10runs=150-200g repairs, I do not see you point.

Side note: Repairs are needed after every 3-4 runs. NOT 10.

Edited by xpwaste, 21 April 2014 - 09:11.

previously:

#24 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 13:43

Here's the best solution I can think of... Give the Templars a "Heavenly Forge" ability (either in the skill tree or through questing?). Probably would be best to make it an "outside of combat" ability... and instead of using Gold to repair... make it a material oriented drain. You could even add a skill level to it. Make it so you can only repair certain armor levels with each point put into the ability. 

The Templar would probably need to carry a special tool (like a "Holy Maul") and then have some special material(s), like maybe metal  and holy water, which would be items that they can choose to carry more or less of. This would create balance, by preventing them from just using a magical ability whenever their armor gets beat up, and it would create a time/gold sink for players.

You could pretty much modify the existing coding used to prevent people from going through doorways when fighting, and combine it with the repair coding, then create a quick little graphic effect, tweak the skill tree... and bam...

Innovation is the Mother of Prosperity.

- Aurynne - Lvl 20 - Ranger
Prospecting 12 | Skinning 12 | Foraging 8 | Forestry 7 | Fishing 6 | Crystal Cutting 6 | Farming 5

Cooking 8 | Leatherwork 7 | Weaponsmithing 6 | Alchemy 4 | Armor-smithing 2 | Jewelry 2 | Tailoring 1
- NynaeveAlmeara - Lvl 7 - Prophet/Mage (to be)
- Adolin - Lvl 6 - Templar (to be)
- MatrimCauthon - Lvl 1 - Warrior (to be)

#25 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 14:03

Here's the best solution I can think of... Give the Templars a "Heavenly Forge" ability (either in the skill tree or through questing?). Probably would be best to make it an "outside of combat" ability... and instead of using Gold to repair... make it a material oriented drain. You could even add a skill level to it. Make it so you can only repair certain armor levels with each point put into the ability. 

The Templar would probably need to carry a special tool (like a "Holy Maul") and then have some special material(s), like maybe metal  and holy water, which would be items that they can choose to carry more or less of. This would create balance, by preventing them from just using a magical ability whenever their armor gets beat up, and it would create a time/gold sink for players.

You could pretty much modify the existing coding used to prevent people from going through doorways when fighting, and combine it with the repair coding, then create a quick little graphic effect, tweak the skill tree... and bam...

Ok i actually like what you suggested in a way that a new proffesion would be created.

But how could we increase it to repair a level 45 armor you would need to know how to repair a level 1 armor first how would we even get a way to increase that  profession?

We would wear level 1 armor until it breaks then repair it?

Nonetheless a good grinding.

repairers would charge less then the normal NPCs,for level 1 armors, they would need bags and sacks for copper/jute/leather!

Brainstorming here ...

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#26 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 14:53

so everyone gets repair or alteast one with wearing heavy armour

?

previously:

#27 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 20:16

My thought would be that it would be solely for the Templars... basically only the armor equipped...

I don't want to completely disbalance everything...

Prospecting 12 | Skinning 12 | Foraging 8 | Forestry 7 | Fishing 6 | Crystal Cutting 6 | Farming 5

Cooking 8 | Leatherwork 7 | Weaponsmithing 6 | Alchemy 4 | Armor-smithing 2 | Jewelry 2 | Tailoring 1

#28 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:17

and what about those who choose not to work skills hubby is a tank and does not work his skills other then cooking and foraging a little he hates the skills so come up with a new idea or maybe make it to where a profit can heal a tanks armour or something I work my skills maybe make it to where master crafters can repair a tanks armour

#29 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:23

How are you going to define tank?  If by tank you mean templar builds, then a damage reduction could apply when some percentage of skills are selected from that tree.  This might also encourage more players to level as a templar.

No idea if this is actually a concern, but the potential downside to this solution (and to a deep talent point), it penalizes hybrid and non-templar tanking.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#30 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:21

Again... I wasn't looking at this as a Crafting Profession... I was looking at it as a Templar Skill on their actual Skill Tree. Something which allows them to sacrifice the amount of spare room in their inventories, in favor of being able to fix their own armor, even on the fly.

... and yes... it penalizes Hybrid tanks to some extent... because they are opting to add skills from another field into their arsenal...

This is like being the BEST swordsman or the BEST bowman in real life... you can work hard to become either, but the minute you start working on the other one... you are going to lose some of the muscle structure and balance which most benefits the other.

Why should a person who focused solely on mastering one job be on the same proficiency level as someone who cross-trained?

Edited by angelinexile, 23 April 2014 - 16:28.

#31 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:35

Keep the ideas coming i love it!

Why should a person who focused solely on mastering one job be on the same proficiency level as someone who cross-trained?

EXACTLY!

previously:

#32 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:44

One or a couple of talents in templar tree for reduced repair cost would be the best option IMO. Or maybe an ability to sacrifice dps for less durability loss?

Couldn't an armorsmith repair armors that is broken? If remnants is tradeable that should work quite well (they have to get some bought components too). Weaponsmiths weapons that's broken (you would need to resharpen it (buy sharpen stones)). Armors from dungeons would mostly require remnants to repair, as they're the only material you can find that's used to create the armor. Also I saw in an other game that repairing reduced the total durability of the armor with 1%, no idea if that would be good or not.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#33 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 20:05

As quickly as durability goes in Eldevin already, I'd be hesitant to create a "weardown" effect, as this would create a defined lifespan for armor, and that would turn some folks off to even trying to craft or buy good armor. I mean... as a ranger, I have gone naked and killed a beast who was twice my level by kiting him in circles, using Crystal Blast, Call of the Wild and Fleetfoot. I took almost no damage the entire time. More folks would opt to play like this if their armor would go bad. It just wouldn't be worth wearing armor unless you were fighting a boss or someone with ranged spells or abilities.

#34 angelinexile

angelinexile

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 20:11

I'm sincere when I say that I truly believe that it'd be best to just make a 60 minute cool down spell for those who play Templars. Less coding for the Devs (so they can copy and paste more) and it doesn't completely eliminate the balance of other players' abilities.

There are a lot of different playing styles for tanking critters... I have gone more than once into an instance and played the kite tank (generating a TON of hate, and just keeping out of reach of the beastie while my team wears them down.)

#35 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 22:06

Okay, I w8ted with posting in this thread as I didn't want to waste time on talking about repairs before experiencing them myself. 

I personally have no problem with keeping up with repair fees. I see Heal tanks pushing pure tanks out of use as a bigger problem atm :D.

Anyway, Repair fees are harsh but I personally make money when running dungeons.

/Glenn

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: