20 replies to this topic

#1 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:21

I think it's time that eldevin has a targeting cycling function and not just closest target. It would really help. Alongside that note, a focus target feature /focus with a window that pops up would also be extremely helpful in the future.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:09

you can press tab to cycle targets, is that what you mean?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:23

it only goes to the closest one, and if you want to switch targets by pressing tab it stays to the closest one, not cycling to the next target.

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#4 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:37

Not correct if you are close enough. Tab will cycle through the opponents.

#5 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 16:49

Already in game, check the tab "keybinds". If it is not working, it's bugged (I think).

Edited by EJK, 23 April 2014 - 16:49.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#6 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 19:48

Not correct if you are close enough. Tab will cycle through the opponents.

The key word being close enough, i wanted to target something farther away.

That's my problem.

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#7 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 19:50

Ya'll aren't understanding the cycling component of my request here. it's if the mob is standing 2 inches and the other 1 inch, i can't go back to the one that is farther away with this current system. Yea i can click, but that's why you have tab for targeting and makes things a little smoother.

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 20:25

i am able to cycle targets using tab aslong as the mobs are in range to target with tab.

my problem is the range for tab targeting is shorter than my skill range. 

but yeah idk maybe there's a bug for you. tab will cycle target for me. the other hotkey (i forget what it is) will only target closest. 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#9 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 20:50

my problem is the range for tab targeting is shorter than my skill range. 

ah didnt know that was issue being melee character...

When lvl 50 is here

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 21:10

ah didnt know that was issue being melee character...

its not that much shorter. only a couple yards but i can be walking and spamming tab looking for a target and then when tab does target i can take 4-5 steps back to get to max range of my skill

also done it with 2 or more mobs standing next to each other kill one with single target attacks and try tab to next and i'm too far for tab to work i click the mob and start attacking fine. so yeah range of tab target needs increased and teli's issue needs looked into. but idk i can cycle threw mobs just fine.. i do often using tab when in dungeons looking for the mob in the group that tank is actualy targeting.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#11 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:53

noooooooooooooooooo, the issue is that it targets the closest mob, not any thing past that. I want the option to cycle through the group of mobs that are being pulled. Only if they are the same distance will they begin to cycle, but if one is closest it will only stay on that mob

*edit* the option for the targeting function is nearest target. That does not mean it will cycle through targets. only when the mobs are the same distance will it begin to cycle. As it is right now, this does go with what i am asking the devs to implement.

Edited by Telivar, 24 April 2014 - 01:57.

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#12 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:18

'E' goes for closest mob. Continually pressing 'TAB' will cycle through all targets in range.

That is default settings, you may have changed them I guess...

When lvl 50 is here

#13 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:59

as ernzor said (and i was doing it just now. 

i was standing in the center of a room 

tab target a mob cast once to pull it

tab to switch targets (the first one being closest now) attacked new target once to pull it

tab to switch targets yet again....

did it to pull 4-5 mobs out of groups and let party member kill them once they got to us

but yeah idk if you're bugged or you changed settings or what but you can most deffenently tab to cycle threw mobs at verious ranges. i was litteraly doing it like 3 minutes ago.

#14 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:11

no, i have tab targeting set from my options as it states "CLOSEST TARGET" that's not cycling from any given direction is my point guys.

all it does is target the closest mob to you and if they're all the same range, of course you can cycle through them.

Edited by Telivar, 24 April 2014 - 05:11.

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#15 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:04

You must have changed your key bindings then.

When lvl 50 is here

#16 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:30

tab isn't even in my key bindings options window E for select nearest enemy is.

so perhaps you changed that from E to tab? 

but yeah like i said i dont know what you did but tab cycles to targets that aren't the closest if you want i'll get in game tomarrow and show you...... i did it before posting and have done it since posting

but like i said in my post i tab targeted a mob, attacked it. that would make that mob walk towards me = it'ld be closer than any other mob, and then tab before killing it to target another. i do this to pull multiple mobs out of groups without getting the full group and without having to kill one at a time.

#17 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:10

I see the issue here.  The option to 'select next target' and 'select previous target' is not in the hotkey setup list.  They do work, and by default they are set to tab and control-tab.  But if the tab key is used for another purpose there is no way to set another key to 'select next'.

So, the bug:  The configuration list is missing 'select next target' and 'select previous target'.

The work around until fixed (untested):  Restore the default key settings.  This should reset 'tab' and 'c-tab'  to 'next' and 'previous'.  Then just use the defaults for those functions.  Do not use tab or c-tab for any other purpose.

Edited by Irradiated, 24 April 2014 - 15:11.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#18 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:59

I see the issue here.  The option to 'select next target' and 'select previous target' is not in the hotkey setup list.  They do work, and by default they are set to tab and control-tab.  But if the tab key is used for another purpose there is no way to set another key to 'select next'.

So, the bug:  The configuration list is missing 'select next target' and 'select previous target'.

The work around until fixed (untested):  Restore the default key settings.  This should reset 'tab' and 'c-tab'  to 'next' and 'previous'.  Then just use the defaults for those functions.  Do not use tab or c-tab for any other purpose.

Thank you, But will doing what you just described, will that select all my targets and any target or will that pertain only to aggressive mobs?

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#19 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:23

with tab set as default it'll select and cycle threw any mob in range (range being almost as far as the range of my skills)

#20 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:35

Unfortunately, auto target often picks the wrong mob.  Focusing on a level 1 critter rather then the mob you're fighting.  Or with a group of mobs held by the tank (especially annoying with Spectral Barrage), it might select the mob behind you.  Or after pulling several mobs it may target a mob I haven't pulled.

The first (target critters) should absolutely be changed.  Only target critters if there are no regular mobs in range.

For the other two, and especially the third, not sure if that can be changed.  You may want to pull in another mob, and what it's doing is correct.  How much effort should HCS really put in to try and guess which mob you want?  For now, just be aware and check the mob actually targeted before firing.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: