Photo

Fallensword Subscription

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: would you pay for a Subscription? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think Fallensword needs a Subscription added to the game?

1. Yes (3 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No (18 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. depends(please explain) (6 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:31

I've brought this up before and i will bring it up again...

I believe FallenSword is really missing a hugh opportunity by not adding a subscription plan into the game. this is honestly such a hugh revenue loss.

telling me people wouldn't pay for these benefits...

+5 Stamina gain, 2000 Max Stamina, +15 Allegiance Tokens/day, 15 Backpack, 5 Auction House listings, 10 Components slots and a Supporter Medal! all this for $10-$15/month. the benefits can be anything, this is just my idea of what i would pay for.

make this happen and take my money!!!

sigma_468x60.jpg

#2 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:01

I think it make more people leave. 

#3 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:15

Nobody is stopping you from spending your money on the game now.  If that's what you want to do then go for it.  Lots of people can't or won't pay to play.  Besides, your suggested benefits for $10-$15 a month are outrageous.  2000 max stam by itself costs 400 fsp.  That's a $60 donation now, not $15.  Using established prices, whatever benefit you might get for a minimal donation would also be minimal and since the benefits would have to rotate monthly, you'd wind up getting "benefits" you don't need or want.  That's no benefit at all.

Screenshot everything!

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:19

Nobody is stopping you from spending your money on the game now.  If that's what you want to do then go for it.  Lots of people can't or won't pay to play.  Besides, your suggested benefits for $10-$15 a month are outrageous.  2000 max stam by itself costs 400 fsp.  That's a $60 donation now, not $15.  Using established prices, whatever benefit you might get for a minimal donation would also be minimal and since the benefits would have to rotate monthly, you'd wind up getting "benefits" you don't need or want.  That's no benefit at all.

I was typing something along those lines myself.  I, myself, am unwilling to spend money on more sophisticated games, a monthly subscription to FS would leave me with a bad taste in my mouth....  A subscription would drive a deeper wedge between the haves and the have nots, if you ask me.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:28

those are just examples. the main reward for supporting a monthly fee would be the stamina gain if there is one. the subscription can be bought in upgrades for fsp or cash. if it gave some stamina increase i think newer players would still benefit. anyways, im just trying to come up with idea to help the game

sigma_468x60.jpg

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 22:53

I see absolutely nothing wrong with additional ways for cows to monetize the game as long as it doesn't totally destroy the f2p guy.

Afterall more revenue = more development.

Edited by EpicPiety, 25 October 2020 - 22:54.

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:03

I see absolutely nothing wrong with additional ways for cows to monetize the game as long as it doesn't totally destroy the f2p guy.

if it increases the speed of developments/updates to the game im up for it!

im still waiting on Super Elite pack if there ever be one. :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:19

I've played both of the newer games, Warhammer, and New Earth.... Although they are not subscription, most events are heavily skewed toward those with deep pockets....  and they do get plenty of updates....  

But loads of folks used to donate heavily to FS, myself included back in the olden days.  Updates declined before I stopped having money to burn, and many of the largest contributors have ceased to donate, some even have stopped playing, due to a perception of general lack of progress.... 

Gothador is subscription based.... how many of you play that?  I haven't logged in for years.... 

This may or may not be a good idea overall, idk

But I do know that for those of us that can't or won't spend any more money on FS, it would be discouraging at best.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:17

I don't have much problem with the idea itself, I even play other games which have that kind of subscription and I pay for it...but with FS it has to be very well balanced to offer a unique upside and also not overkill, your ideas are fair, if adjusted for different economies.

And honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable subscribing to it, that demands commitiment, something that we are not seeing from devs side since they refuse giving us a Development Roadmap.

If we knew were the game is going, what can be coming in the future, anything...Then I'd be more inclined to it, I wouldn't even need a dead line for the updates, but just something showing they're working on something other than the app, which most of us don't really care too much about.

#10 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:48

How about something like 30-45 min cooldown for pvp hits, and 1 min cooldown for gvg, and 30% stam saved when casting buffs on other players and 72 hour AH and maybe a stam gain 5+ in a subscription pack? just an idea

Edited by Jinan, 26 October 2020 - 13:55.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:53

How about something like 30-45 min cooldown for pvp hits, and 1 min cooldown for gvg, and 30% stam saved when casting buffs on other players and 72 hour AH and maybe a stam gain 5+ in a subscription pack? just an idea

Now that might be encouraging...

Wonder what the Mighty Bovine Deities might think

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:09

subscription should be just for FSP and maybe stam/xp gain..this game is a handful more than a decade old and already needs to triple+ it's FSP payout for donations.. anything above 5 a month would be insulting

don't want to expand the pay2win gap with high subscription rates plus you have to be realistic with the global economy during a pandemic...

the cows need to truly reward their loyal gamers.. which is easy for them, just hand out more FSP

Edited by RebornJedi, 27 October 2020 - 09:12.

#13 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 19:35

These benefits are ridiculously overpowered. You would be at a huge disadvantage if you didn't subscribe and get these.

The pay-to-win gap over the play-for-free would grow even more with this. I voted no to a subscription. I know a ton of people who have a lot of success playing for free. They all agree that it isn't easy because of the benefits of "donating" really increase the the scaling of character development. But, they are still able to thrive as a F2P player in the current FS environment.

My opinion is that HCS needs to focus on revamping old content, implementing new content & actively bring in a new player base. These are the things that will continue to make this game better.

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 19:59

These benefits are ridiculously overpowered. You would be at a huge disadvantage if you didn't subscribe and get these.

The pay-to-win gap over the play-for-free would grow even more with this. I voted no to a subscription. I know a ton of people who have a lot of success playing for free. They all agree that it isn't easy because of the benefits of "donating" really increase the the scaling of character development. But, they are still able to thrive as a F2P player in the current FS environment.

My opinion is that HCS needs to focus on revamping old content, implementing new content & actively bring in a new player base. These are the things that will continue to make this game better.

The only limitations a player has with FS is what they put upon themselves.  My level has no bearing on yours unless you're +/- 10 virtual levels from mine... Then I might, just might watch you hunt to see can I steal your gold.... Other than that, Guest#[fill in a number here] is actually on equal footing as the player at or near EoC that has to wait 3 months for his/her stam to fill.....  

Granted, improvement to old content as well as new content for said EoC people are needed.... These things do cost moneys... and ways to inspire us to spend will be necessary at some point.  I just don't think the subscription route is the right one.  I could be wrong.

I'm actually perfectly happy with FS as is, with the exception of recent bugs that have been left unattended for months (like GXP and the icons on the guild store and backpacks for some, but not all players).  There are so many ideas that are gathering dust in these forums it's not even funny...

If things like this got addressed as they should, I might rethink whether or not I divert money from another game to FS.  But I still don't think I would be behind a subscription, per se.... that would require a monthly commitment I'm not prepared to make for anything that's not a necessity of life.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2020 - 13:32

Wish more players would join the forums and give their opinion. It's always the same people on any topic

sigma_468x60.jpg

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2020 - 21:24

Wish more players would join the forums and give their opinion. It's always the same people on any topic

Most players are apathetic about the forums because, for the most part, nothing changes as a result of them ..

Even when cows say something will happen, often it doesn't :(

Edited by Pardoux, 28 October 2020 - 21:24.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 22:24

If I remember correctly, the shards vids are on the Android app only at this time, but will eventually be able for Apple users of the app and in the browser in the FSP shop....  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 15:21

Most players are apathetic about the forums because, for the most part, nothing changes as a result of them ..

Even when cows say something will happen, often it doesn't :(

It's why I barely look or post.

#19 GBernardi

GBernardi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:13

I'm not totally against that idea. Probably I would subscribe if there is constant development. But I understand that many players will not pay for it, the economic scenario is not good for most of people and a subscription can depart new players.

I'm full returning to recover the time I have lost inactive, so I'm very concerned about this questions.

(And thats my first post here, sorry for my English)

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:59

no

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users