Photo

Upcoming Updates: What would you like to see next?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2014 - 16:15

5th tier first... maybe even implement a human tier system i came up with w few ideas.

#42 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2014 - 16:17

Tier names

Human, Apex Human, Evolved Human, Homo Superior (some idiots may laugh at the joke, but f them.)

racial purity add a skill, does 15% damage to all non human. At first upgrade, and just charger the color of the H. or give the upgraded humans different symbols entirely

Advanced skill know thine enemy: for every point opponents resistance is lowered by 1/2% and a separate one for ac each totaling up to 25 percent maybe?

Skill: pirate, basically s drop luck boost

Skill, taxonomy 10-15% exp gain on non humans

But, must kill xx amount of each class to add it to your bonus

#43 Sadiablo

Sadiablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 22:13

While I am very happy for you guys in regards to being able to put new content out and mentor other companies, I have to say that doing all those things is actually a bit disappointing.

I understand from a marketing standpoint, the more new stuff you put out the more money you can make and more you get your name out there circulating (in theory)

That being said, I also understand from a marketing standpoint that you have to have a stable product that people perceive as reliable and interesting first. Otherwise it doesn't matter how much new material you throw out there, if people don't like what you already have (or what you already have is nothing but problems) they aren't going to care what's coming out next. 

All they are going to remember is their frustration and dissatisfaction at the prior material.

You may be drawing in a new crowd with games like Eldevin and Crystal Reign and Tank battles,  but you are also forcing your older crowd out the door. You have to keep in mind that without Gothador, there would be no Fallen sword to be getting 75% of your attention these days, and no Eldevin or Tank battles or Crystal Reign or any other game that soak up the other 24 and 3/4% of your time..... leaving only 1/4 of all of your project/production/resource time devoted to Gothador. 

You know, Gothador? The Game you had first? That brought you in tens of thousands of players and made you essentially overnight success, and therefore gave you the money and notariety(sp?) to even launch Fallen sword in the first place? Without Gothador there would have been no Fallen Sword. 

You wouldn't have had the money to make it, and nobody would have known who you were to want to play it. 

People went to Fallen Sword because they thought "Hey!, these are the same people that made Gothador and I LOVE that, let's give it a try!"

The only reason people have stuck with Fallen Sword however is because it's the only game you actually show even a miniscule amount of attention to between Gothador and Fallen Sword. 

[[The only updates we get for months at a time is the weekly lotto, and even that's automated. It isn't manually supervised by anyone in specific. If it were, you guys would notice that there are streaks where the same person wins 2-3x out of every months worth of drawings. Not always first prize no, but they can win 1st on one week and then 3rd another, nothing the next week, 2nd place the week after that.. Rinse and repeat. Lot's of people play and the same people (generally speaking) win over and over again on the same characters, and we are SUPPOSE to only have 1 vote per character right?]]

I understand that you can't give Gothador full animations or cgi or anything that would step on the toes of the "Golden Child" /Fallen sword, or Eldevin or whatever because if you update Gothador to be much more than a text based game  then you have a game that steps on the toes of your other ones and there ends up not being any reason to have one of them in theory. 

That being said, if you would like to keep the ever dwindling handful of players you do still have instead of pushing them to other game designers, and maybe even bring a few back for the sake of nostalgia or hell.. even bring in a few new players, there really needs to be some changes. 

For example, 

Please fix what you have before making something new. Quality over Quantity here HCS. Gothador has a lot of bugs and things that need fixed and updated since it's been nearly obsolete for the better part of a decade. 

Update things to be relevant and start taking a more active approach in the game, show SOME interest in it. If the people that made the game don't have any interest and can't spend the time to be a part of it why should anyone else?. It's  a MONEY MAKER for you, and if you can't be bothered with it.. why should I be bothered to SPEND MONEY on it?

Also, add something new to it. a few new icons for things maybe, new spells or recipes for things, a new reason to actually go in zones and do anything other than rot away in your characters cult squares. 

Fix the "Top Rated" section to include the new (several years old) tiers of character races, and actually finish character tiers. A lot of people said that certain Races have more tiers than others which is a big imbalance and detractor to actually play certain race/class combinations. 

People are so bored they are making mages loaded with attack power and warrior stats, and vice versa. 

(while this is funny I admit) it points out that people are so mind numbingly bored they aren't developing their characters in a progressive way to be relevant to the dwindling content available.  They are just goofing off with their characters more or less trying to find some reason to actually stay in the game. They are making their own fun because HCS isn't making fun things for them.. which is the point of being a game designer correct?

Also, make an information resource. Every single one of the ppl that still play this game (100 now probably compared to the nearly 100,000 that it use to be?) wants this. The forums are not even remotely adequate, The book of Wisdom is gone, Gothaguide is a bigger nightmare than a hotel full of clowns with pet spiders and there is little to no information actually in game going from quest to quest as to where to go next or what to do etc in a lot of situations. 

This HAS to change, or people are going to continue leaving simply out of frustration and disgust. 

Maybe.. cycle the staff at HCS around so you don't have to hire new people (which shouldn't be a problem to be doing honestly) and so you don't have to take people from 1 team to the other. 

For example,  while Fallen Sword is up and running fine, take a group of HCS people and focus on nothing but Gothador, fix, update, fine tune things. Get future updates set up and put to the side so that they are done and ready, and when you want or need to do something new to the game all you have to do is activate/program it in/launch it on live servers or whatever.  Then cycle off to Tank battles or Eldevin or something, when that's all hotfixed, patched, updated and you're done with that for the moment cycle back around to Fallen sword and Gothador. 

That way something is always being worked on and everyone feels like they are getting attention at least periodically if nothing else, there's always progress but there is a break in between things. 

One game gets worked on for a couple months, then the next one down the line etc. While 1 game isn't worked on nobody throws a fit because they are still exploring the new content, when they get to where its just about time for them to finish it up, you guys are back to that game and adding new stuff. 

It gives people time to experience new content, while you guys are busy working on other stuff and then when things aren't new any more for anyone, it's their games turn again and they get more stuff. 

Please, Please, Please take some of these suggestions or hell.. some of anyones suggestions to heart and show a little love to Gothador, not just Fallen Sword or whatever else. 

hd4r.jpg

http://forums.hunted...e-alts-of-mine/ (Can anyone help?- Missing Alts)

http://forums.hunted...ke-to-see-next/   (Please Revive! Ideas for future updates/content)

#44 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:18

So can we get an update? It's been like 6 months since anything. Switch on the Dark Cloud for the weekend or throw together a new quest really quick.  Please!!!!!

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#45 Sadiablo

Sadiablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 16:56

It's interesting, they have time to do eldevin and every other one of the 15 games they have, but ask them to spend 5 min for Gothador to do something and you have to wait a year. During which the only activity is the automated (and therefore not requiring any time or attention) Lotto draw. 

Gothador gets totally forgotten about for 6-12 months at a time. But every few days some other platform game like the different battle games or Eldevin or whatever gets an update and the time and attention that any good parent gives to their pride and joy. 

Gothador seems more like a burden they just don't want to have anything to do with, like the kid you drop off on a church doorstep and hope that nobody knows it's yours so that you can forget about it and pretend it never happened. 

Gotta love it, this is the game that gave them a name and reputation in the first place and yet people have to beg, threaten, get downright hostile in disgust and frustration to even be noticed. 

I just wish that they could ever be inspired to do something to breathe life back into the game or get it off its dying legs. 

Or if they finally got to the point that they say :" Ok, this is just a headache that isn't worth it any more. Every time I think about doing something Gothador related it fills me with dread instead of any sort of excitement or enthusiasm"

They would just turn it over to someone else that does want to maintain it or add to it. That way it can carry on and grow/evolve and keep going. 

This is a case of just shoving it in a closet and forgetting about it.  They should either keep up with it, or give it to someone else that will love it and show it some love and attention. It isn't doing anyone any favors sitting in the closet and being forgotten about/neglected. 

I would say that the $ from Gothador still helps feed the other games so it should get the same attention as the other games, but as it is.. I have a suspicion that there are only even a handful of subscribers any more because nobody wants to pay $ to be ignored and forgotten about. So the majority of ppl are unsubscribed and just hang out around the lotto tent building up UsP for when and if the day ever comes that gothador becomes a viable game again and they have some sort of reason to actually use the UsP for something.

hd4r.jpg

http://forums.hunted...ke-to-see-next/   (Please Revive! Ideas for future updates/content)

#46 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 19:00

does iago even work here any more?

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#47 Sadiablo

Sadiablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:07

does iago even work here any more?

I don't think anybody does to be honest, from the lack of updates or any communication. There's probably a brick holding a switch in place keeping the game running and a room with more spider webs than the cave Frodo got stuck in

hd4r.jpg

#48 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 16:34

There's probably a brick holding a switch in place keeping the game running and a room with more spider webs than the cave Frodo got stuck in

...has got to be one of the funniest things I have read on this forum in a very long time.  Props to my bondie.  :D

"In the end, you will always kneel."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

#49 Sadiablo

Sadiablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:18

...has got to be one of the funniest things I have read on this forum in a very long time.  Props to my bondie.  :D

:wub:

hd4r.jpg

#50 NytTwister

NytTwister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:04

I'm voting for a squig invasion first & a dark cloud second

#51 GatorFett

GatorFett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2014 - 15:25

I'd settle for anything now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#52 marjin

marjin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 19:04

Actually there is only one thing we need: a person capable, allowed and willing to learn to make changes to the game.

The rest is secondary so quit moaning till it happens (I hope during my lifetime).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: