14 replies to this topic

#1 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 17:45

Title, lets say someone just hit lvl 20 and wanted to work on getting all there professions to 20, or wanted to get the shiny ohdar scar set before they went venturing out in the world. But alas, they leveled while working on leather working, so many new quests, so much more profession stuff to do, etc. this is why I suggest adding an option to lock and unlock the XP bar freely to halt level/XP gain and maybe slightly increase drop rates while the XP bar is locked

#2 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 20:25

Perhaps when the XP bar was locked the person would gain rested EXP so they could level more quickly once they unlock it.

But personally, I'm thankful for every bit of EXP I get.  Much of my EXP comes from professions.  :)

Edited by Doja, 30 April 2014 - 20:26.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#3 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:02

Extra EXP doesn't cause any trouble at all, what if he levels to 21, he can still get the set and act like someone who's level 20. Leveling only helps. I can't find any downsides with getting EXP.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#4 Veronique

Veronique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 May 2014 - 18:57

I agree ice. I gained quite a few lvls doing professions, and when I went back to questing I had out-leveled all my quest making it really boring and easy.

Find me In game  Veronique (ranger) Vero (mage) Miss_V (warrior)

#5 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:45

There would have to be something to stop it around eoc, lvl 45 players would just lock it to get the increased drop rates, would have to work out some kinks. But it sounds like an alright idea.  :)

#6 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:45

There would have to be something to stop it around eoc, lvl 45 players would just lock it to get the increased drop rates, would have to work out some kinks. But it sounds like an alright idea.  :)

at lvl 45 it would be max and auto locked forever with no increased item game

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 September 2014 - 23:32

Bump.  For those of us who enjoy questing.

With the higher XP now gained from all sources this is getting out of hand.  It's not like there's a rush to some big exciting end game with lots of raids and other activities.

Lately I've been short of time for instances, with slim chances that a group just happens to be forming when I do have the time.  Fortunately the quests are enjoyable enough to repeat with different classes ~when done at level~.  I've been skipping quests.  Running around trying to not kill mobs (got myself killed this way).  Forget doing an instance more then once.  But there are still times the XP comes in too fast.  It's easy to adjust up (rested xp, potions, skilling), there is currently no way to slow it down.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:25

I love the idea of level-locking and wish it was implemented in several other MMO's I've played. Sometimes, it's fun just seeing how beastly you can get a low leveled character. Was an all-time favorite thing to do for me in Atlantica Online, before they nerfed the heck out of it.

Just make sure that the on/off option explains very clearly that you will not gain any exp while locking is turned on. New players unfamiliar with the system might become unhappy if they turn it on by accident!

#9 Taranaka

Taranaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 15:18

Bump.  For those of us who enjoy questing.
With the higher XP now gained from all sources this is getting out of hand.  It's not like there's a rush to some big exciting end game with lots of raids and other activities.
Lately I've been short of time for instances, with slim chances that a group just happens to be forming when I do have the time.  Fortunately the quests are enjoyable enough to repeat with different classes ~when done at level~.  I've been skipping quests.  Running around trying to not kill mobs (got myself killed this way).  Forget doing an instance more then once.  But there are still times the XP comes in too fast.  It's easy to adjust up (rested xp, potions, skilling), there is currently no way to slow it down.

Researching this topic it's flabbergasting to see that this is such a lonyg-standing request yet apparently never got official feedback, while issues addressed have only become more pressing (there are no more content updates etc.)

One could very well argue that the whole point of a freemium game is to allow for multiple playstyles, yet while there is a whole plethora of ways to increase your character's XP gain, there are no non-invasive (things like corpse hopping are play affecting ways) ways to tone down XP gain - which is odd, considering people would pay for this within reason, and relatively simple to implement while at the same time greatly expanding the amount of 'meaningful' content.

#10 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 16:51

Researching this topic it's flabbergasting to see that this is such a lonyg-standing request yet apparently never got official feedback, while issues addressed have only become more pressing (there are no more content updates etc.)

One could very well argue that the whole point of a freemium game is to allow for multiple playstyles, yet while there is a whole plethora of ways to increase your character's XP gain, there are no non-invasive (things like corpse hopping are play affecting ways) ways to tone down XP gain - which is odd, considering people would pay for this within reason, and relatively simple to implement while at the same time greatly expanding the amount of 'meaningful' content.

Unfortunately, with the last update, HCS went completely the opposite way from this original idea and gave much more xp for quests.

https://forums.hunte...ic=74851&page=1

Therefore making the need for xp boosters, xp gain from payed supporter status and rested xp pointless as the xp gained without them is so high.

I myself have found, if I do the notice board quests alone (don't do any plague army or arcane quests, and only doing one dungeon run to finish the relevant quests rather than loads for relics), I am still levelling faster than the quest levels so by the time I get to lvl 25 quests I am already lvl27 and by the time my alt reaches 49 there are still all the lvl 46/7/8/9 quests to start (plus all lvl43 taranuka and most lvl44 siranux void quests not started).

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#11 Taranaka

Taranaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:41

Thanks for the pointers Steve :) I wondered where all those Rumps came from.

Too bad they didn't adress these issues...yet.

#12 PanDaLV

PanDaLV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Latvia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:34

Customizable xp lock.. If you go to settings and there would be "Lock Incomes from Quest XP" and from gathering or mobs killing and you could just choose and mark
what you want.

Edited by PanDaLV, 11 March 2017 - 10:35.

Message me, if intrested in gems  :D 

#13 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:37

Wow, how did this topic get necro'ed? I thought topics which had been inactive for 2 months would be archived.

From what I've seen on forums, the developers used to listen to a handful of aggressively vocal players while ignoring feedback from other players, so there are plenty of unresolved issues.

#14 Taranaka

Taranaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:33

From what I've seen on forums, the developers used to listen to a handful of aggressively vocal players while ignoring feedback from other players, so there are plenty of unresolved issues.

I see. Funny how after all these years some things haven't changed from the dark EverQuest days of Furor and Fires of Heaven dominating the Fora and SOE scrambling to fulfill their whims.

Still, now that My first character has reached 49 for some time and only maxxing my other professions Seems to be left I can not help but wonder why I should bother, as anything I can (learn to) produce after the profession grind will be pointless and obsolete within a play session on my alts.

#15 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 14 May 2017 - 20:48

Customizable xp lock.. If you go to settings and there would be "Lock Incomes from Quest XP" and from gathering or mobs killing and you could just choose and mark
what you want.

so on mob killing it can turn off in dung to? as my tank are lv 41 got lv 40 set -chest and it hade be more fun to be lv 40 when get the set. or no more exp in dung to you are same lv the dung are? ok it can be hard to some new player but in the end i think it be more fun "yey iam lv 13 and got the lv 10 armor set" alot of other quest be lost on that way so better made a way to prevent get exp OR A WAY TO LOSE EXP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: