3 replies to this topic

#1 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:07

Here's how this works:

- You purchase a magic fishing pole for gold.  There are different options, some being more expensive than others.

- Each fishing pole has a limited duration in hours (i.e., 1 hour, 3 hours, 8 hours, etc).

- Magic fishing poles can only be used at the Eldevin City fountain.

- Magic fishing poles automatically recast themselves over and over until they run out or the user moves (or emotes, or something else that would logically end this process).

What The Magic Fishing Poles Provide

This is up for discussion.  There is one general guideline though: The rate of prizes (in terms of quantity and value) can't be so high as to encourage fishing over other activities that can be done when a player is active (such as running dungeons, grinding mobs, PvP, etc.).  The primary purpose is for a way for players to sink gold when they are AFK, at Work, Class, or are otherwise to busy to actively play.  One other note is that there can't be too large a variety of items that take up space given or else players will run out of space in their bags too quickly.

I'm not going to put effort into crunching numbers (Guthix, Mongo, and Brioche are great at that :) ) but I'll throw out an off the top of my head loot table as an example (may not add up to 100% :P ).  The following are the odds of what you find in a single cast (~6-7 seconds I believe).  Also, the cost of the fishing poles hasn't been stated and could be adjusted as well.

- 85% chance of catching nothing

- 10% chance of catching Puffer Fish (new item that sells for 2 silver and stacks to 999); catch gives 100 EXP.

- 1% chance of getting 1-2 Prestige Points and 200 EXP

- 1% chance of getting 1-2 Valor Points and 200 EXP

- 1% chance of getting 1 Artisan Point and 200 EXP

- 1% chance of getting 1 Fusion Powder and 200 EXP

- 1/300 chance of finding random fair gem and 500 EXP

- 1/700 chance of finding random glim gem and 1000 EXP

Again, these prizes are just an example.  Some may feel that Artisan Points, Prestige Points, and/or Valor Points should only be earnable through their traditional routes.  That is fine, they do not have to be included.  But the purpose is to offer chances at things that high level players would actually want to sink gold into a chance of getting while they are AFK.  Right now high level players have nothing to do while AFK because they can't gain rested EXP.

NOTE:  Sorry Slipknot, but magic fishing poles do not increase Fishing Profession :D :P :D

Edited by Doja, 22 October 2014 - 22:08.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#2 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:34

Soild Idea, Hang around futain or bank AFK doing nothing or siting on bench - this make me look active doing something vs standing or siting.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#3 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:26

its a good ideal to start with

#4 Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:01

I think lure crafting would work just as well if not better but my only issue with this post is that we dont have any anti-botting measures yet and this would be an easy way to farm gems by  using botting wether the odds are very miniscule it dont matter if u arnt there playing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: