PvP Discussion

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#1 fs_meepers

fs_meepers
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 18:33

There seems to be a lot of discussion and complaints on this one so I'm making this sticky for the constructive discussion. Please posts PvP related ideas in here.

#2 fs_ducimus

fs_ducimus
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 18:37

Player1 sets PvP Tag to Enabled, Player1 attacks Player2 nothing happens ( Players2 isnt PvP Enabled ) Player2 enables PvP Tag then attacks Player1 and wins, Player1 losses.

This is were it gets interesting, Player1 can immediately attack Player2 back ( revenege ) ratio 1 attack per each defeat in combat to the victor. meaning player1 can hit player2 right away if player2 kills player1.

If the attack is failed, the aggressor should be penalized with either Major gear damage, or gold loss.

Get rid of exp loss in PvP.

#3 fs_kage72

fs_kage72
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 19:25

Just remove experience loss for PvP!! Stealing gold and PvP ranking is enough.

OR

Make it to where PvP is an option. Could be a button you press that puts a PvP marker on player. The player could stay tagged unless they made no attacks for certain amount of time. Maybe a week or something. This should assure enough people are available for attack.

Altho, i think the 1st option is better. Especially if you wanna make PvP req. quests. This way there will be enough targets to attack without killing the game for people with exper. loss.

#4 fs_baine

fs_baine
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 19:29

Well with quests that require us to PvP, I think removing Exp Loss would be the best option if any to fix the complaints.

I haven't really had any problems with people hitting me for Exp, but I know there are people out there that agree it sucks. I don't think disabling PvP would be a very good option though.

#5 fs_baine

fs_baine
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 23:51

I'd have to agree that the amount of gold lost inbetween fights is also stupid.

Example: Player losses 30k, Player Steals 22k.

I mean did I slash the person's money bag and tons of coins fall down a drain pipe?

We already have enough ways of draining gold from the game as is.
Lottery, Repairs, New Gold Feature (Which sucks), Guilds, Shops

#6 fs_latias

fs_latias
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 00:31

One important thing: Make sure the attacker can be penalized!

loooool
why should sameone who win a battle lose samething? Just because you don't like to lose ?

Read more carefully before you reply. DukeDoom is saying that the attacker should suffer consequences for attacking. The way it is now, even if they lose, they do not lose any Exp or Gold. If they win, obviously they shouldn't lost anything besides perhaps a few durability points and stamina, but if they lose, they need to be penalized.

#7 fs_kage72

fs_kage72
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:59

There will always be the FSP upgraded equipment advantage, so i say just remove. Adding penalty if attacker lost just seems like an obvious oops, but losing experience at all from PvP is not cool.

#8 fs_treeline

fs_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 19:46

+2/-2 is going to hurt everyone that needs to do the Remnants of Corruption quest. Trying to get 1350 pvp rating with only 5 or 6 people to hit ... lol ouch

#9 fs_ardasnails

fs_ardasnails
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 19:57

mm the update doesn't really fix anything, as far as I was concerned, there was no problem with the level difference, glad I got that quest done before the update..

#10 fs_baine

fs_baine
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 20:09

+2/-2 is going to hurt everyone that needs to do the Remnants of Corruption quest. Trying to get 1350 pvp rating with only 5 or 6 people to hit ... lol ouch

I'm really glad I did that quest too... Otherwise my only targets would be about 5 people (besides my guild members) and there's only about 2 I think I could actually beat.

I have always thought that the +/-2 levels was a bad idea, and I still don't like it now.

#11 fs_treeline

fs_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 20:43

Not to mention the fact that some begger n00bs need to be schooled!

#12 fs_baine

fs_baine
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 21:02

Well, I still would like to hit a few lvl 3's and 4's for both spamming me and begging me for gold/fsp.

Begger:"But you're rich"
Me: "Go bug Ravnica"

*waits for Ravnica to see this post*

#13 fs_shylesson

fs_shylesson
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 22:48

I'm just confused on how the stats work; I just attacked 3 people and each time I had better stats by at least 25% (and faaaaaaaar more HP in two instances) on almost every stat area. I lost each time. What factors are we supposed to be looking at when initiating a PvP?

#14 fs_shylesson

fs_shylesson
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:08

I'm also not liking the +2/-2 PvP. Now if I want to move up the ladder most of my targets only get me gold. Completly not worth it for me. At the same time with all the lower level people out there it will be much easier for them to pass me up the ladder. I can see myself sliding and not being able to do anything about it. I realy like the idea of being able to enable/disable PvP for oneself. This way anyone who doesn't want to attack other players doesen't have to worry about it. If possible I'd like to see it go back to +5/-5 and have an enable button.... My quarters worth.

eh ya have the option to attack or not to attack anyhow. just do it or don't do it. but if you are referring to whether or not to be attacked or not....who would leave the button on???? :shock:

#15 fs_baine

fs_baine
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2007 - 17:53

I Disagree with an enable/disable feature for PvP...
It's the dumbest idea ever.

#16 fs_kage72

fs_kage72
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2007 - 19:53

continue:

PvP system:
anyone can attack anyone, no matter where they are ... so there was restriction - attacks only +/- 5 lvl, now +/- 2 - > why ? Evidently to forbid "unfair" fights - to forbid fights between people, whose stats are very different. Ok, that's fine. when you raise 1 level up, how stronger you are ? 2 points for level up stats (defense, attack, etc.) and 5 points to raise some skills. That's not too much. Plus sometimes when you raise a level, you can use better things (weapon, shield, etc.) - only sometimes, and this is not too much defference also. Other difference between players make guild buildings. All these things signify, that two players who are severel levels difference don't difference too much in their stats.

So ? The PvP system looks balanced. But !

There's Hell Forge option ... the idea is clear: to use FSP to raise player's stats. Bonus from Hell Forge was raised recently, and it also looks like good idea, because 1 Hell Forge upgrade costs 10 FSP, and FSP are very expensive - > so 10 FSP would give something useful. Ok, why not. But, if somebody has full Hell Forge on all 9 things - it means all things' statistics raised by 6, oh man, there's a very big difference. This difference completely change the balance between players on similar levels.

That's why I wrote: change PvP system or disable Hell Forge.

I agree with Hell Forge system, but it changed the balance of PvP.

If someone with full Hell Forge wants to harm other player, starts to attack, and again, and again, ... there's no defense against it ... it's what exactly happened to me, and as I heard, to other players also ...

totally agree. I've said this a few time before. 9 fully forged items with the potential to raise 5x stats by 6x points can go as high as +270 stat points. That's ALOT!!! Worried about a couple of levels(5x levels = +10stat points)?! LOL

#17 fs_borisdrago

fs_borisdrago
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:14

i like the system the way it is thank you for bringing back +5/-5 lvl hunt range :)

for the most part since you dont lose xp to higher lvls attacking you there is not much harasment and there is nothing like being able to punish thouse who think they can bully you :) if you good enough

as far as hellforge thing goes yes it does give advantage to ppl with $$ but that is what they pay for if you dont like it that is your problem pay for the game or be quiet

but even then it costs alot of stamina to do any real dmg and unless someone rich makes it their life quest to destroy you and you cant come up with a way to get rid of him (negotiation, hostages, threats) then you can ask me for a suggestion or quit.

but 95% of the time its a minor inconvinience you can solve by simply talking to the person and most ppl who hellforge their items get too atached to them and wear them way past their usefull range so you can catchup or ask a guildmate for help

btw anyone that wishes to argue my theory by attacking me is welcome to try just dont cry later :)

#18 fs_borisdrago

fs_borisdrago
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:03

as far as hellforge thing goes yes it does give advantage to ppl with $$ but that is what they pay for if you dont like it that is your problem pay for the game or be quiet

but even then it costs alot of stamina to do any real dmg and unless someone rich makes it their life quest to destroy you and you cant come up with a way to get rid of him (negotiation, hostages, threats) then you can ask me for a suggestion or quit.

but 95% of the time its a minor inconvinience you can solve by simply talking to the person and most ppl who hellforge their items get too atached to them and wear them way past their usefull range so you can catchup or ask a guildmate for help

may I ask you how many experience you have already lost in fights with same level people who's got all hell-forge ?

try to think a little ... I said I am not against hell-forge ... but it completely destroys balance between similar level players

and your idea that everything could be solved ? yes, maybe. believe, I tried. but when someone attacks you, over and over again, takes you exp., and he doesn't reply to any of your tries to talk ....

well if you look at the pvp rating table you will see that top 2 guys there are my lvl or below and fully forged also happen to be members of the stalkers and have been attacking me pretty regulary :) 5-8 times over last 2 days i even lost alvl once and found out that half my items dont work but its not too bad i had interesting conversations with one of them and another seems to attack me because of the stupis pvp 2 lvl limitations
so to answer your question i have a few experiences on daily basis :)
also consider this that as you progress in lvls and items become more and more powerfull the hellforge diference doest do as much and low lvls can always ask higher ups to resolve their problems or just plain lvl
its an advantage but its not so big that it cant be dealt with

#19 fs_treeline

fs_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 15:54

I was just thinking. :shock:

What if insted of losing xp, you had a chance to lose a common item from your inventory (Not equipt) and when the item dropped it would drop as a pvp item (modified stats)

For instance, if player A loses and they have a rusty dagger in their inventory, player A loses the rusty dagger and player B recieves the rusty dagger as a Rusty Dagger of the Rogue (Rare) with Thievery +2% added on.

The common item would be random and only common items would drop.
The more common items in the inventory the higher the chance to drop one if you lose a fight, thievery would also increase the chance of a drop. Bonuses would scale depending on the level of the item.

#20 fs_treeline

fs_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 16:27

Hi all. I have read all the posts and I have a suggestion.

There are people that don't like pvp, and people that love pvp.
There are people with the full hellforged frost dragon set at the top places of the ladder that never fought with the higher level players... and this is a bit unfair.

My idea is to base pvp system on pvp rating and not on the +/- 2/5 lvls system. For example you can attack only people with +/-500 pvp rating.

A player who doesn't like pvp has 1000 or less pvp rating and therefore a smaller range of enemies. Btw a player who likes pvp has a larger range of enemies.

No lvl limitations. Only gain limitations.
When a lvl 40 wins on a lvl 20, he gains only 1 pvp rating, 1 gold and the lvl 20 loss only 1-2 gold and 1 xp.

If you have a smaller range of enemies then you also would have a terrible time getting out of that hole if you decided you did wanted to PvP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: