12 replies to this topic

#1 FutureDev

FutureDev

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:04

Hello Fallen Sword players,

I used to play Fallen Sword and I'm glad that the guild I used to be in, Order of Blue Rose is still around =D

This post is a little shout out to Hunted Cow, as a little petition to have Hunted Cow to develop Fallen Sword into a 3D open world game. Hunted Cow's Eldevin is pretty good as a browser RPG, but it just doesn't feel as good as Fallen Sword. 

If it involves downloading, I strongly believes that old time players would love to download it. Fallen Sword has so much assets to work with and IMO a perfect MMO formula. There are indie devs around the world that would love to develop around your assets. I think it is a very good way to boost player base.

Imagine the particle effects of the items etc. Relic wars, guild wars, think of the possibilities. You guys don't need to have different classes... Just work on your winning formula and it'll be a great hit. 

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 February 2015 - 13:01

Sorry, I've played some of those games with all the bells and whistles and fancy graphics... For the most part, with the exceptions of a tiny handful, they are boring.  I found so many, where the graphics are oh so cool, but they have "quests"  where all you do is click a link, and everything is automated for you, from battle to how and when to upgrade equipment.  No risks, no thought, no challenge.... basically, sit back and watch TV.... Where's the fun in  that?

Edited by BadPenny, 02 February 2015 - 13:02.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 13:06

One of the big advantages of FS as I see it are its low requirements. (For the basic game of course for some aspects one needs good computer and even better connection I know).

Making it 3d or something along these lines would greatly increase those and it might in the end hurt the game much more than it would help it.

#4 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 13:41

not to mention...some players..myself included..cannot play 3d games...motion sickness kicks in after a few minutes...and is one of the main reasons i found this  game and have played for years..no 3d !!!   the game makes the game...not the 3d and graphics,,,

#5 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 14:54

FS not being a 3D game, but a low graphics browser game is one of the reasons I play it.

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 15:39

This+post+gave+me+ptsd+_e1d38750c790a4c3

Hunted Cow's Eldevin is pretty good as a browser RPG, but it just doesn't feel as good as Fallen Sword. 

Eldevin is still in its' beginning stages - this "feel" you're looking for may come about in the future

or .... it might get "Sigma'd"

Edited by duktayp, 02 February 2015 - 15:43.

#7 TobiasRagg

TobiasRagg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:22

No, Just....no, please. I've always found the old-school graphics, the almost -gameboy- feel to be a huge part of FS's charm. With a larger graphics requirement, I too, can see it seriously hurting some players, especially perhaps those of us with older machines. And never mind the lag we get now.

The extra data that it would use would also hit me right where it hurts -in the pocket.

Don't fix what isn't broken, yeah?

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:40

^

+ Infinity.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:53

^

+ Infinity X infinity +1.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:19

It has been mentioned many times in stepping up graphics in the game. I am with the players that have posted that I support how graphics are right now. I have played the special effect graphic games and found most have lots of issues with story line hang ups worse issues then what we have at the moment.  I believe the simplistic play of fs game is part of this game charms. 

It also has been mention up the graphics means up the cost of playing game and maintenance increases.  Yes I have seen the high free graphic games but find out on down the road a fee to keep playing because it was a trial or part of the game and not the whole version of the said game. I find that just plain annoying myself and hope that fs will keep updating content and repairs of game areas that needs repairing. 

#11 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:30

Personally would love to see 3d profiles [show off our characters/gear]...other then that maybe 2d/3d fights with monsters...outside of that the formula is good...as for those complaining about not being able to run 3d games on a browser?....it's 2015...theres no excuses with hardware at it's cheapest if this is your hobby...then spend money on it...the game is in need of a overhaul graphically regardless what the few think on this forum and it's because of this lack of update that were no pulling in any new players its the same old boring stuff...both features could easily be optional...so it wouldn't effect anyone....this is a dungeon crawl game with loot being it's biggest selling point and the 2d was fine in the beginning, the updated 2d was fine too...but now its time to step it up a notch...and no a game doesn't make a game if it did people would play the same game forever...you get bored you want something new... it's okay to go back to every so often but at the end of the day you'd want it to be better and no matter what people think graphics play just as big of a part as gameplay...so althought I don't agree with a full 3d overhaul I do agree the graphics in certain sections of the game could use a upgrade...right now hunted cow has a solid product but their not doing anything with it someday hopefully they'll have competition and they'll wake up

Edited by Anonemesis, 03 February 2015 - 10:33.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#12 FutureDev

FutureDev

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:16

Personally would love to see 3d profiles [show off our characters/gear]...other then that maybe 2d/3d fights with monsters...outside of that the formula is good...as for those complaining about not being able to run 3d games on a browser?....it's 2015...theres no excuses with hardware at it's cheapest if this is your hobby...then spend money on it...the game is in need of a overhaul graphically regardless what the few think on this forum and it's because of this lack of update that were no pulling in any new players its the same old boring stuff...both features could easily be optional...so it wouldn't effect anyone....this is a dungeon crawl game with loot being it's biggest selling point and the 2d was fine in the beginning, the updated 2d was fine too...but now its time to step it up a notch...and no a game doesn't make a game if it did people would play the same game forever...you get bored you want something new... it's okay to go back to every so often but at the end of the day you'd want it to be better and no matter what people think graphics play just as big of a part as gameplay...so althought I don't agree with a full 3d overhaul I do agree the graphics in certain sections of the game could use a upgrade...right now hunted cow has a solid product but their not doing anything with it someday hopefully they'll have competition and they'll wake up

I agree on the hardware part. Graphics upgrade doesn't mean gameplay mechanics will be gone. 

I think as of right now, you guys are thinking of the WoW like 3rd person, I think of the Diablo, Path of Exile like dungeon gameplay. You can see ghosts of players to initiate a PvP, if not you are pretty much on your own. Properly optimized Source and Unreal engine can run on low end too, look at Dota 2.

And combat wise would be like Dark Souls, surrounded by mobs with no AoE skills. Since the game doesn't even have a class and most of our weapons are melee, all you need is just attack and parry. Guild will still be a big part of course. Stamina has to go away or being translated somehow.

Particles effects will not overly done, only legendaries and titans and maybe super elites?

I remember Fallen Sword used to have more players, you need to adapt to survive. Oh for maintenance? When people starts to buy FSPs, I doubt you will have trouble maintaining it. TBH, Fallen Sword is still the only F2P MMO that I have no qualms for it being pay to win.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:26

Hey there.

This is not an upgrade we can do. This would essentially be a whole new game. This simply is not viable.

~ Grim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: