Photo

Stat Changing Skill Levels in Super Pots Are Harmful

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Pots (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Super pots are too powerful?

1. Yes (44 votes [58.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.67%

2. No (31 votes [41.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.33%

Vote

#61 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 21:18

Maybe if Hoof could make an fast look on the hot topics once an month [or at least once every 3 months] an make one reply saying he is for or against what is being discussed on those topics would not take much time. 

[an admin could even tell in short to Hoof what is being discussed there to speed up]

[and tell an admin to act according hoof's decision about those topics]

If by chance that happens, players will surely be happy Hoof is more into what is happening on fallensword and the result could become more donations to the game.

Edited by Kbyte, 15 June 2016 - 21:32.

#62 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 22:05

That isn't enough I'm afraid - there are numerous instances of the cows saying " I / We love this " or "We'll implement this next update" that have gone exactly nowhere :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#63 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 22:10

Grim takes notes here and relays them to Hoof. He sometimes posts his responses and that has not pleased or appeased anyone but people like me.

This game has grown sooo much in the time I've been here I'm still surprised by it.  That has not been sufficient either.

I realize that you can't please all the people all the time. I guess you haven't seen that possibility yet.

Composing, new ladder gear  and chests, new arena stuff, new titans, new ...new...new.. It all takes time and there are a lot of levels to cover now days.

#64 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 22:27

Grim takes notes here and relays them to Hoof. He sometimes posts his responses and that has not pleased or appeased anyone but people like me.

This game has grown sooo much in the time I've been here I'm still surprised by it.  That has not been sufficient either.

I realize that you can't please all the people all the time. I guess you haven't seen that possibility yet.

Composing, new ladder gear  and chests, new arena stuff, new titans, new ...new...new.. It all takes time and there are a lot of levels to cover now days.

I love the depth of your experience in the game to make your sweeping statements ;)

Almost 6 yrs in the game and Level 794

Almost 6 yrs in the game and 2 SE kills

Almost 6 yrs in the game and 0 Arena wins

Almost 6 yrs in the game and (by your own admission), very low level composing

This is NOT flaming you, merely pointing out that you continually comment on things that you have little to no actual experience of...

I suspect that you are the only player in the game that is deliriously happy about every single facet of it :)

Edited by Pardoux, 15 June 2016 - 22:35.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#65 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:48

What is wrong with hoof indeed. A vast majority? (60%) is demanding this change yet he is nowhere to be found. Funny there were other topics with much bigger levels of support yet this is the one for which the biggest demands are being made. Wasn't there one with 90%+? Question is if hoof makes the same statement, will the folks be satisfied and let the issue go? Somehow I think not :/

#66 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:05

A vast majority? (60%) is demanding this change yet he is nowhere to be found.

Currently, that "vast majority" is 9 people.

Maybe Hoof has a better perspective than this on what the really vast majority is actually saying: "" (i.e. "[nothing]")

#67 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:04

What is wrong with hoof indeed. A vast majority? (60%) is demanding this change yet he is nowhere to be found. Funny there were other topics with much bigger levels of support yet this is the one for which the biggest demands are being made. Wasn't there one with 90%+? Question is if hoof makes the same statement, will the folks be satisfied and let the issue go? Somehow I think not :/

Indeed, I mean I have seen some things, like the ignore function in global chat, be implemented yet pretty much no one in the community actually publicly asked it, I saw one person request it, over and over and over...

Perhaps that is the problem, either the cows only listen to certain people or those certain peoples' ideas/thoughts hold a greater weight/value in the cows minds. Sad to say but it certainly seems that way...

#68 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:35

The "statement" everyone has access to these buffs equally is not true in any form, players of limited means have almost NO access to composing pots unless they are in guilds where they are supplied freely. Players who actually need sleep everyday cannot compete with the bots that managed to compose 24/7 for a year or more to reach lvl 50 and then 60.

The realisation that composing has made a bigger fracture in the game than existed  ever before. before the haves and have nots.. If you want to compete in ladders gvg pvp you need high level composing you have no choice unless you are planning to sit unbuffed with no care..

That Composing was the last major update HOOF implemented in game, explains why game morale is so low people are sitting in a holding pattern waiting for anything to happen .. and losing hope it ever will...

As players we need to understand the game our characters were never ours to begin with whether we spent 10's of thousands or nothing gives us no more right or priviledge. We are just here for whatever reasons each of us individually have.

Edited by zizzwyly, 16 June 2016 - 09:36.

#69 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 June 2016 - 18:20

What you guys think about creating a buff level cap of 192 for PvP?

That way nothing would need to change, the Composing would still the same, the potions too...But once you start a PvP Combat, all buff from both players would be lvl 192 at max...If you have SH 600 running you will not lose the buff or anything, but for the PvP Combat it would count as lvl 192, if you have SH 150 running, it will count as SH lvl 150.

For me that would fix a lot of problems.

Of course, some exceptions could be made, like some Ladder potions and some others, we would need to take a close look on every buff.

Why is it that I shouldn't be allowed to use something (Composed Potion) that I have worked for and earned. How exactly is that fair?  ;)

#70 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 00:34

Why is it that I shouldn't be allowed to use something (Composed Potion) that I have worked for and earned. How exactly is that fair?  ;)

Would you be happy if Conserve, Lightfoot, and other non stat changing buffs had their nax levels raised to compensate?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#71 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:45

Would you be happy if Conserve, Lightfoot, and other non stat changing buffs had their nax levels raised to compensate?

Although, I think some are a little low & others are a bit high, overall I'm happy with composing as it stands...  :)

#72 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:30

I understand that quite a few pvpers here are not happy with composing pots and as you call them super powered pots, but everyone does have access to these pots. You get out what you put in. currently I'm lvl 47 and have spent a lot of time and gold getting to this point as have others and I would not like to see any of these pots nerfed due to the effort I have put in to get here. Every player in game is able to get to lvl 60 if he or she wishes it just takes time and effort .........

I'm sure every new player in the game would love to be EOC and have access to all the 2000+ buffs and a huge stamina bank and he or she can have it if time and effort is put in to the game.

Yes composing pots have a lot of strength and some huge stat altering power ...... But everyone can get them if he or she is willing to put the time and effort in to earn them.

Why should players that have put in time and effort forfeit high lvl pots. It's like asking a Titan hunter to give back all the FSP and epics he has earn and sold for his or her efforts.

I didn't agree with the update that put epic pots in exchange for ladder tokens but it happened and the duration is crazy on those pots. Can say the same for the arena and new pots added there a handful of players dominate those but due to the time and effort those guys have put in fair play to them. You get out what you put in . If composing is changed can we roll back on all the other aspects of the game that players have dominated for many years?

#73 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 22:08

I understand that quite a few pvpers here are not happy with composing pots and as you call them super powered pots, but everyone does have access to these pots. You get out what you put in. currently I'm lvl 47 and have spent a lot of time and gold getting to this point as have others and I would not like to see any of these pots nerfed due to the effort I have put in to get here. Every player in game is able to get to lvl 60 if he or she wishes it just takes time and effort .........

I'm sure every new player in the game would love to be EOC and have access to all the 2000+ buffs and a huge stamina bank and he or she can have it if time and effort is put in to the game.

Yes composing pots have a lot of strength and some huge stat altering power ...... But everyone can get them if he or she is willing to put the time and effort in to earn them.

Why should players that have put in time and effort forfeit high lvl pots. It's like asking a Titan hunter to give back all the FSP and epics he has earn and sold for his or her efforts.

I didn't agree with the update that put epic pots in exchange for ladder tokens but it happened and the duration is crazy on those pots. Can say the same for the arena and new pots added there a handful of players dominate those but due to the time and effort those guys have put in fair play to them. You get out what you put in . If composing is changed can we roll back on all the other aspects of the game that players have dominated for many years?

It's all good and well saying "you get out what you put in" - would that that were true.

A guild only needs ONE very high level composing person who's willing to share the potions around, and anyone in that guild can dominate players who aren't so fortunate.

Perhaps a step in the right direction might be to stop composing potions being available to anyone other than those that make them ?

After all, as you say, "you get out what you put in" ;)

Edited by Pardoux, 17 June 2016 - 22:08.

#74 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 22:29

It's all good and well saying "you get out what you put in" - would that that were true.

A guild only needs ONE very high level composing person who's willing to share the potions around, and anyone in that guild can dominate players who aren't so fortunate.

Perhaps a step in the right direction might be to stop composing potions being available to anyone other than those that make them ?

After all, as you say, "you get out what you put in" wink.png

Indeed, which is exactly what proves the point. You can join a Guild that has a high level maker that is willing to do that based on whatever their requirements are.

You can compose yourself.

You can hire one of several Travelling Composers.

You have options.

That's without getting even still to the root of what the OP is asking in my opinion. Time, time.

The problem I see with your suggestion is that it doesn't consider the essence of FS in my eye.

This is a Guild game. It's general purpose is to require teamwork and working together. There are those Guilds that do NOT work that way. There are also players that prefer not to.

However, GvG, pots, Relics, structures, buffs, AGs, GAs, GS, etc. And heck, that's what I think the GEs were designed for.

It simply makes logical sense that Composing is yet another game aspect that Guildies can work together on.

And though TCs were not planned, they were approved by HCS and I think that was ultimately a great decision.

So yes, "you get out, what you put in".

Just as I, nine years old in this game, made (and still make) decisions based on my personal priorities, so everyone else should with every game aspect.

I could have been at EOC quite long ago, but I chose based on what my priorities were. That meant foregoing "overpowered" buffs (yes, the ones that are cast) and the ability to wear "overpowered" equipment.

Dang it, text wall... I swear I'm going to try and make my personal response to this post NOT be one. But as I said before, no promises ,oP

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#75 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 22:41

Not too sure why you're so focused on the "non-stat" changing buffs being "great".

Personally, I think "overpowered" Doubler and Conserve are the most detrimental buffs to the game.

Just throwing that out there since you said earlier that no one "complained" about them.

I'm not complaining mind you and I fully get why they are there, just wanted to state that for the record.

#76 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:47

The point that many of composings advocates are missing is many of us at 60 or close to it are also advocating the nerfing of composing. Other than a gold sink it is detrimental to the game and is doing damage daily ..players being forced to not compete in areas of the game further limiting activity.

poor players cannot buy composing pots poor players do not increase their max stamina how are they supposed to get the gold to compose as well?

Unfortunately the self interested will always argue they need more.

Edited by zizzwyly, 18 June 2016 - 01:48.

#77 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:08

It simply makes logical sense that Composing is yet another game aspect that Guildies can work together on.

How does a guilld having 1 x L60 Composer, for instance, giving members uber potions correlate with "another game aspect that guildies can work together on" ?

That sounds more like a "I'll do it, and you can have the benefits", not "we'll all work together on this"

Unless, of course, you're meaning the other guildies are providing frags and/or gold to help the initial person level up - then I'll have to grant you the point :)

#78 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:46

Personally, I think "overpowered" Doubler and Conserve are the most detrimental buffs to the game.

Laughable. Why? How can they be the MOST detrimental?

I classify Conserve and Doubler and those types of skills only as accelerators to playing quicker and more often. People playing is good for the game, right? These skill types don't effect game characters making them omnipotent, or God-like. For example, how can Dispel Curse575 from a Global pot which activates 115% of the time be good? It's basically a win button!!! I'm amazed at the obtuseness of some!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#79 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:53

Unfortunately the self interested will always argue they need more.

Well it seems, they will also argue, others need less. But back to my original question; " Why is it that I shouldn't be allowed to use something (Composed Potion) that I have worked for and earned. How exactly is that fair?"

#80 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:01

Well it seems, they will also argue, others need less. But back to my original question; " Why is it that I shouldn't be allowed to use something (Composed Potion) that I have worked for and earned. How exactly is that fair?"

If you played all of the game you might understand the problem said buffs are causing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: