Photo

Making Titan Hunting more Popular

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Time to Titan hunt (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you titan hunt more often if it took less time?

1. Yes (35 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No, I have no desire to Titan hunt at all (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Time is not an issue to me (41 votes [51.25%])

Percentage of vote: 51.25%

Vote

#141 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:51

lol that is easy for you to say when you are NOT the ones hunting against these *magic* hunters

I do hunt against them

#142 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:54

So, if these "magic hunters" are legit, as you say, then they've nothing to fear from the suggestions being put forward to make titan hunting more transparent, have they ?

Stuff like "name tags" on the map so you can see where players are, etc. etc. etc.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#143 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:54

I do hunt against them

and have you ever beat magic hunter 1 vs 1 ??????

#144 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:55

and have you ever beat magic hunter 1 vs 1 ??????

Yes i have

So, if these "magic hunters" are legit, as you say, then they've nothing to fear from the suggestions being put forward to make titan hunting more transparent, have they ?

Stuff like "name tags" on the map so you can see where players are, etc. etc. etc.

Correct

#145 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:56

Yes i have

Correct

so you telling you can move on every location in one second like magic hunter?

if you are not moving with same speed or faster then your opponent then you logicaly could not have beat him

Edited by kitobas, 10 December 2014 - 19:58.

#146 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:57

so you telling you can move on every location in one second like magic hunter?

if you are not moving with same speed or faster then you logicaly could not have beat him

How are you able to figure out how fast they get to a location if you aren't faster than them  :huh:

#147 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:58

Scripting is endemic in the game ....

AH - definately

Composing - Highly Suspected

Titan Hunting - Highly Suspected

Other areas - ????

ANY measure the cows put in place to monitor / detect scripting is a good thing - and cheats NEED to be gone from the game, permanently, regardless of the game area(s) they are cheating in

Edited by Pardoux, 10 December 2014 - 20:00.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#148 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 19:59

I don't see how anyone can argue a script will speed you up... Please lend me an explanation.

#149 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:08

I agree, cheats do need to be gone. I would say someone that cheated at titan hunting should be gone as well, but the fact is no one has an advantage in titan hunting except connection speed. 

If you are going to make a snide comment or anything of the like please make sure your information actually has a modicum of merit to it. 

#150 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:09

How are you able to figure out how fast they get to a location if you aren't faster than them  :huh:

because I and other 3 guild mates dividing map and we hunt 4 against 1 cheater

we have move 1/4th of map, he need move ALL map and he always getting to titan before us

I was bottom left and titan appear 1 step next to me, titan was before top right with cheater on it

cheater was on titan before I make 1 step, he was very far from titan, how that possible?

we 4 are normal titan hunter speed, everyone normal can make 900 - 1000 kill in one hour alone on titan

friend (was with cheater in top right map) asking how is possible this player is on titan before you when you only stay in bottom left and he was with me before the titan jumped

#151 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:12

because I and other 3 guild mates dividing map and we hunt 4 against 1 cheater

we have move 1/4th of map, he need move ALL map and he always getting to titan before us

I was bottom left and titan appear 1 step next to me, titan was before top right with cheater on it

cheater was on titan before I make 1 step, he was very far from titan, how that possible?

we 4 are normal titan hunter speed, everyone normal can make 900 - 1000 kill in one hour alone on titan

friend (was with cheater in top right map) asking how is possible this player is on titan before you when you only stay in bottom left and he was with me before the titan jumped

As stated by Swigg and others - understanding how the map works and the ability to refresh with a great connection speed (and being on the correct server in the game) help tremendously. Even with connection problems, I ousted a group of 5 players before (granted I didn't get the secure) but I still placed first. 

Are you continuously refreshing the map, or waiting for the titan to appear after being killed on your map? That certainly could be problem #1.  

And on top of that - please find a way to do something about the stupid scripting message for those people who have faster connections/computers. Having to think about timing my moving (even on my laptop) starts to irk me as the titan hunt continues. 

Edited by Kedyn, 10 December 2014 - 20:13.

#152 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:13

As stated by Swigg and others - understanding how the map works and the ability to refresh with a great connection speed (and being on the correct server in the game) help tremendously. Even with connection problems, I ousted a group of 5 players before (granted I didn't get the secure) but I still placed first. 

Are you continuously refreshing the map? If not, then that is problem number 1. 

of course, everyone knows about refreshing map, you need always refresh map, if you not refresh map then how can you see titan when jumping or how can you make next attack? :P

#153 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:15

of course, everyone knows about refreshing map, you need always refresh map, if you not refresh map then how can you see titan when jumping or how can you make next attack? :P

Well I've hunted with a few players who I've had to teach that you don't need to sit on your map and wait. Hitting the repair or 0 key allows you to continually refresh what's going on. 

#154 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:16

blank

Edited by Swiggity, 10 December 2014 - 20:23.

#155 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:20

Well I've hunted with a few players who I've had to teach that you don't need to sit on your map and wait. Hitting the repair or 0 key allows you to continually refresh what's going on. 

bro, you talking about amatuer titan hunters , beginners who never titan hunt before or for first time

I talking in my post about 4 titan hunters, they have titan hunting expirience and gold titan hunting medal or better and this cheater beating us with no problem

#156 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:22

Scripting is endemic in the game ....

AH - definately

Composing - Highly Suspected

Titan Hunting - Highly Suspected

Other areas - ????

ANY measure the cows put in place to monitor / detect scripting is a good thing - and cheats NEED to be gone from the game, permanently, regardless of the game area(s) they are cheating in

that very true and very sad at same time

#157 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:23

Are you continuously refreshing the map, or waiting for the titan to appear after being killed on your map? That certainly could be problem #1.  

And on top of that - please find a way to do something about the stupid scripting message for those people who have faster connections/computers. Having to think about timing my moving (even on my laptop) starts to irk me as the titan hunt continues. 

+1

#158 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:43

all that mess will make it worse for those with slower computers and connections.. the Canvas World sucks up a lot of (unnecessary with the advances in other web development techniques) resources and all those images will surely slow down those who are already slowed down by the new map itself, but those with efficient machines and connections will plow onward..

with multiple players, servers, connections, and other variables involved - name tags will be a mess to implement.. which you just want for personal peace at mind about these 'magic hunters'? i assume that because it's all visual.. it's not limiting anyone from manipulating the javascript behind the scenes or bypassing movement restrictions or whatever one might htink they are doing.. it's just allows players to try and police something that is limited by them not developing the game, we are just players remember..

..want to take care of these 'magic hunters'? get HCS to restrict the movement even more and anyone bypassing that restriction will surely sound the alarm of cheating (which one would think they do now).. but will this slow down of titan hunting make titan hunting more popular? im gonna assume that some hunters will get bored and stop, just like some did after the new map was introduced and titan hunting slowed down WAY more than what limiting the movement further will do.. some might come stay or come back and maybe this restriction will make others feel better about the manipulation that they assumed was taking place, which has them get into titan hunting..

#159 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:51

People want titan hunting to be a handout, thats why it has constantly been changed. There are Top Lists and Rankings in this game for a reason. This is a competitive game, its not the solution to continually complain if you aren't as good as other people at things. 

#160 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 20:56

when computer and connection performance is a factor, it's understandable to see players upset.. yes it's a computer game, but restrictions can be put into place to make it a more playing field..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: