Photo

Hunting Map Titan Kill Count

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Hunting Map Titan Kill Count (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a titan kill count on your hunting map page that shows yours and your guild-mates, or even just the total guild kills in real time?

1. Yes (48 votes [94.12%])

Percentage of vote: 94.12%

2. No (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:50

Idea - Titan Kill Counter on the Hunting Map

Always switching to the Scout Tower gets old and if titan hunt is competitive then it's a challenge.  I'd just would love to have the information right there.

Envision a small real time counter under or above the hunting map showing either the total guild kills, or just your kills, or each member of your guild and yours as well (of course).  Any of these options would be great.  Of course the break down of all guild mates including yourself would be awesome, just as we see using FSH on the Scout Tower page.  Ideally, this count would be on an active titan of your choice and you would have the option to "click on" the titan you want to follow, thus if you're not titan hunting you wouldn't have the counter going.

A counter shouldn't obstruct the view of the map.  

I'm sure this has been discussed at some time in the past, but thought why not toss it out there now and see what people think and if Hoof or BigGrim could comment that would be great.  It could be a good motivator-confidence builder for new titan hunters and sure a nice tool for anyone.

Reality: I know HCS has a long to-do list of projects they're working on for FS, and a lot of other games to manage and in development, but never think that should be a deterrent for brain-storming and if it's feasible and there's support, then it goes on the list at some point.

Okay, in advance, thanks everyone for considering this  - - - Kath  :D 

#2 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 15:23

Great idea! Maybe make the counter Scout tower dependent - so no counter if you do not have scout tower. Titan remaining HP if you have level 1. Titan HP + Guild kills if you have level 2. Titan HP, guild kills by individual member plus accumulated guild total if you have scout tower 3. That seems fairer based on the investment in scout tower  - a kill counter for all might make people less inclined to invest in the scout tower, this way you get utility for your gold sink - and may encourage others to invest in a scout tower! 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#3 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 15:27

Great idea! Maybe make the counter Scout tower dependent - so no counter if you do not have scout tower. Titan remaining HP if you have level 1. Titan HP + Guild kills if you have level 2. Titan HP, guild kills by individual member plus accumulated guild total if you have scout tower 3. That seems fairer based on the investment in scout tower  - a kill counter for all might make people less inclined to invest in the scout tower, this way you get utility for your gold sink - and may encourage others to invest in a scout tower! 

Brilliant Belaric ! 

#4 DarkWillie

DarkWillie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 18:05

Totally! We have the personal counter for our kill count on the global events... this should be doable... even if it is just a personal counter for the titan.

Edited by DarkWillie, 02 February 2014 - 18:06.

If I win an auction, please notify me in-game

#5 8jose9

8jose9

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 18:11

+1

#6 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 18:12

Totally! We have the personal counter for our kill count on the global events... this should be doable... even if it is just a personal counter for the titan.

In my opinion, if this would go through, a personal counter wouldn't do much, unless you are constantly solo securing.

The point is to make it so we are not having to either switch tabs, to see the scout tower. 

Great Idea!

Edited by Rekluse, 02 February 2014 - 18:13.

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#7 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2014 - 19:51

just not needed just make your map page smaller have a scout tower page next to it ... i'd rather see the development roadmap fixed first and then have some more important stuff done first before this not as important stuff is done i agree would be handy but not needed right away

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#8 oucho

oucho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:01

+1

#9 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:12

just not needed just make your map page smaller have a scout tower page next to it ... i'd rather see the development roadmap fixed first and then have some more important stuff done first before this not as important stuff is done i agree would be handy but not needed right away

This would not be very hard and would not take much time to do.

Something they could do while they are not working on developing the new road map.

This would help us titan hunters so much.

In the time it takes to switch between tabs, we could have already had another 10+ kills.

And unless you have Mozilla Firefox, or are actually using FS helper while you are titan hunting

(Which I strongly suggest against)

You have to go to scout tower, and refresh..

This would help us greatly. 

#10 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:17

Appreciate your concerns and I would agree, if that was what I said.

There's no reason to make the map smaller and few would want that.  I clearly state above and that this isn't an immediate needs task.

This is an idea that if well received and feasible can go into the queue to be fleshed out at a later date.  That's how I've always handled new ideas in business that were not needed immediately.  Brain-storming is the life blood of innovation and progress: one briefly determines interest & potential merit (what we're doing here - the rest is HCS').  If interest and potential are established, then one schedules time in the future to determine feasibility, and then if all systems are a go you schedule development and implementation.

Edited by BraveKath, 02 February 2014 - 22:26.

#11 Lokmar12

Lokmar12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:19

+1 :) LOVE this idea very much! :)

+1 :) LOVE this idea very much! :)

#12 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:25

Excellent idea DarkWillie!

#13 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:27

Excellent idea DarkWillie!

Once again, don't quite see how getting a personal counter will help with securing a titan, but if you guys think so, i'm in no position to try and stop you... 

#14 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:31

I like the idea and it saves time, but in the same sense it also does the same for the other person. When they switch out to go "check the score" you can get a handful of kills while they do it, so you take that out of the equation making it more of a straight up battle. I would like it to be a preference option so i could click it on and off.

#15 Dradin

Dradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:46

I believe that anything that makes our in game experience more enjoyable would be a great idea. It does not take away for the game so there fore it is very doable    We ( the game players ) are the ones who have ownership of what we would like to see added to it. And this is what the forum is used for or should be used for. We bring forth idea's...   kick it around some, add some tweaks and then vote on it, and the Cows then see if they can add it to the mix of future in game improvments.

Full Definition of EXPERIENCE 1a :  direct observation of or participation in events as a basis of knowledge b :  the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation
2a :  practical knowledge, skill, or practice derived from direct observation of or participation in events or in a particular activity

Cheers

#16 Quack

Quack

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:52

We don't care until we get rid of CD :-)

#17 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 22:59

We don't care until we get rid of CD :-)

There is no relation between CD and this idea, please don't come here with something that doesn't even play a part in this idea. CD is here and will never go away, so your ideas of being one of the few guilds to monopolize epics should just be forgotten. 

#18 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 February 2014 - 00:12

Very much like this idea!
Running 2 windows (1 for the map and 1 for the tower page) can be a bit annoying when you're using an itsy bitsy laptop. haha

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#19 bglo

bglo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:54

I love this idea. Any time there's even a chance that there's a close competition for securing i never want to switch over to another screen to check how many TKP i have just in case that extra 5-10 seconds or so could make the difference between securing or not. Having the count right there would be amazing and keep people from going too far over their numbers for securing when its a close battle.

#20 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:11

There is no relation between CD and this idea, please don't come here with something that doesn't even play a part in this idea. CD is here and will never go away, so your ideas of being one of the few guilds to monopolize epics should just be forgotten. 

Agreed - two different topics.

Besides, CD serves the purpose it was intended to serve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: