#41 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 22:32

I quickly see this getting to complicated. should be true GvG by which i mean you fight with all you got at your disposal win,lose or draw. no limits on how many hitters per range. no limit on buffs or relics,etc. Rye/Chazz I know you have to agree with me here....We've spent 10's of thousands of fsp over the years hitting and defending GvG. Taking relics and burning pots and playing the patience game.

now dont get me wrong...I'm all for making sure ALL participants are online or at least defenders.(because everyone should be properly dressed for offline anyways right? wasnt a rule no epics? since some of us have jobs,families,etc that we have to inevitably walk away from FS for I'd say making sure defenders are online to buff members would be a must. )

I want nothing more than to challenge myself, my crew, my friends from other guilds and even a few people i really dont like....there should be no entry fee, no reward other than bragging rights and RP earned. after all those of us who do still GvG usually do it for pride or rp.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#42 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 22:40

The more simple the better ;) just going over all the post...I would rather it be an all out Smack Down...but it should have some kind of boundaries for the players and guild that want no part of this...a point system and rewards would be nice...but how to do this is the question...don't get me wrong Dom...I started this for all out War...if it is for only one day

#43 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 23:57

I wasn't looking at the thread as a replacement to GvG as we know it -there is already a masterful post somewhere in the development roadmap that I happen to see when browsing :lol:  - I did look at the idea as a additive - they are going to rework GvG -and I am not opposed to arranged GvG's in addition to the classic option. 

Edited by Ryebred, 13 May 2014 - 00:14.

#44 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 00:50

GAME TIME 00:00 May 24th Or June 7th at GAME TIME 00:00 THE SMACK DOWN GOES DOWN!!!
PM me in the game I will keep tabs..which weekend works best for the majority
Let's work out the details before this...
PREPARE YOUR GUILD FOR BATTLE!!!

Let's Do This....

Edited by Brice, 13 May 2014 - 03:50.

#45 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:26

Even though it's been said that small guilds are set up to beat bigger guilds in this..that really only holds true for gvg conflicts...i'd like to believe that this will be set up a bit different thereby taking away any advantages guilds have based on size

#46 skepsis

skepsis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:53

meh, just sounds like the ladder to me. plus, think of the guilds that would be ACTIVELY participating in this...OoDP, WK, Firing Squad, and maybe one or two more? Implementing this for the minority is something the cows probably wouldnt do.

#47 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:04

All right...starting now need to know what guilds are in and willing to participate in this online GvG event...we will use this first event as a trial run to see if this can work...we have plenty of time to figure out if we will use a separate point system to keep tally of wins and losses...straight 50 round GvG's...once we have a number of guilds we will decide on what is a fair number of outgoing attacks each guild are allowed to have in the first 12 hour period...let keep this first Smack Down simple...I Hope HCS will be on board and maybe even help out ;)

Edited by Brice, 13 May 2014 - 02:21.

#48 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:09

To skepsis
...this isn't for everyone or every guild...this is just a promo to liven things up a bit in the FS world...to break the monotony, and to change things up a bit...not sure if it's going to work...but going to give it a go!!! An online all out GvG battle among other guilds...no ninja GvG's that weekend!!! And this is all in good fun ;)

Edited by Brice, 13 May 2014 - 02:14.

#49 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:55

meh, just sounds like the ladder to me. plus, think of the guilds that would be ACTIVELY participating in this...OoDP, WK, Firing Squad, and maybe one or two more? Implementing this for the minority is something the cows
probably wouldnt do.

Thats why we are hosting it independantly.

meh, just sounds like the ladder to me. plus, think of the guilds that would be ACTIVELY participating in this...OoDP, WK, Firing Squad, and maybe one or two more? Implementing this for the minority is something the cows
probably wouldnt do.

Thats why we are hosting it independantly.

#50 flar

flar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:57

does it have to be on a holiday weekend? some wont be around the computers to do it, just wondering if that was set in stone yet?

#51 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:03

does it have to be on a holiday weekend? some wont be around the computers to do it, just wondering if that was set in stone yet?

Well we could bump it up to this weekend...how does this sound to everyone else??? Will need help promoting this...we would have 5 days to get everyone on board

#52 skepsis

skepsis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:06

cant see why they would code this into the game even for just a test run when theyre already pressed for content, especially when the audience is so smal

Edited by skepsis, 13 May 2014 - 03:07.

#53 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:06

GAME TIME 00:00 May 24th THE SMACK DOWN GOES DOWN!!!
Let's work out the details before this...
PREPARE YOUR GUILD FOR BATTLE!!!

Let's Do This....

Seriously, this is happening? --- EDITED ---

Ah, I see you guys are doing on your own.

If anyone remembers the GvG Contest that was done years ago that was a lot of fun and it was structured very well. I wish I recall the details.  I know there were different brackets of Guilds that were considered on par with each other and everyone was paired up with winners advancing.  It was a lot of fun.  There was no prize as a recall, as couldn't do that with HCS rules, just bragging rights.  

Having regrets now that we never made note of that in our Guild History as we were one of the finalist, but that was a different time with more PvP/GvG'ers - fun times.

I know I'm late to this discussion, and I'm sorry for to come late with ideas and not having time to read back through carefully, but I do think making it an opt-in format is the way to go for overall game morale.  The volunteer combatants will have a blast and the rest can cheer on and observe.

Edited by BraveKath, 13 May 2014 - 11:23.

#54 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:42

Well I think proper timing will be key for this to work right...I know a lot of people have PM'ed about either this going down the last weekend of May or the first weekend of June...due to players dealing with finals and more players will be on after there schools get out and final exams are done(WoW saying that makes me feel old...HA!!) and will give time to guilds that don't want to participate time to opt out....I will take the next 10 days for guilds to PM me in the Game if they are in or out...then I will post it all here...that will give participating Guilds time to study there targets and respect the guilds that don't want to be involved...does this sound fair to everyone???
So...I need to know from each guild who is in and what weekend will work better last one in May or first one in June...which ever is the overwhelming vote then it will be set...GAME ON!!!

Edited by Brice, 13 May 2014 - 03:46.

#55 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:39

How about we try the idea we have now this coming up weekend, and then we can have an improved version later in the month or the beginning of the next (Given that it is a success and there is to be another) ?

#56 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:14

and will give time to guilds that don't want to participate time to opt out....

Hi Brice. Hi everyone.

Maybe just the guilds that want to participate must send an opt-in message. The ones that do not send a message, are not interested.

Speaking of opt-in, just guilds with a minimum member can join the event, right. Is it possible for a guild with less than 5 members to participate?

This sounds to be a good idea to leverage the GvG.

Thanks.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#57 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:08

As the official spokes person from The Firing Squad i'd like to say we are IN!! you name a time and we are there. A trial run this weekend also sounds like a great idea. We look forward to meeting all of you on the field of battle.

*Edit- holiday weekend would be a bad time for some players....

Edited by DomCorvis, 13 May 2014 - 12:09.

#58 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 15:22

LWS is down with it also!!!  and im sure all bugs can be worked out for the NEXT one!  NICE to see community coming together...and i like the idea of this being NOT inplace of GVG...just a GLOBAL smack down!!  We here are honored to battle....LOL and thank you to BRICE for pushing for this!!  XOXOXO

alliances and NAP's are POLITELY put aside....LOL, we think of this like a tourney back in the OLE days...getting all geared up and showing what we all have....puttin on our shineys and buffing up!!  i do agree with guilds "opting out" no fun if heart n soul arent put into it!!

Edited by lapdragon, 13 May 2014 - 15:25.

#59 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 15:35

i have to say.... i do like the concept of this idea :)

i havnt read through all the comments but an addition to the idea so that all players can hit anybody regardless of level is to have individual invites to a battle where one proposes a battle type i.e  buffs included, gear stats only, level range etc etc and the other accepts or rejects the terms, once the terms are agrred upon/accepted you gear up, buff up etc depending on the terms and lock in stats, much like the arena. so you can change gears for other battles etc etc...... and then just let the battle begin and each time you guys hit, regardless of what your wearing, only your locked in stats will be used :)

#60 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 16:56

How about we try the idea we have now this coming up weekend, and then we can have an improved version later in the month or the beginning of the next (Given that it is a success and there is to be another) ?

Silent I think this is a good idea...might not have all the guilds ready but the ones that are can do a trial run at this....it will be nice to see how bloody this thing could get prior to the actual event....LETS DO IT!!! So let's spread the word and let's try out a dry run of an all out online GvG this weekend...then it will allow us to work out and fine tune this....ALL GUILDS WILLING TO PARTICIPATE THIS WEEKEND NEED ANNOUNCE THEMSELVES OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS!!!! That is all and thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: