• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gankable

Gankable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 00:47

I would suggest a better angle for camera viewing.. I understand the way the game loads the tiles on the map probably have limited the different camera angles. However, I strongly believe this game would attract more attention and players if you did something to improve it.

#2 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:46

They're already working on improving the camera and it's something that'll be implemented with the steam client release.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#3 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 14:46

Just a correction the steam project and the client project is separate projects, HCS said that the client might come before they get Eldevin on steam

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#4 SaiMorphX

SaiMorphX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:30

I agree the camara needs work! i figure they didn't want to add a sky so they limited the angle but this sucks as it is, MC uses java and has great camara angels, it can be done here too, you don't have to add a dynamic sky, just a static dome!

#5 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:58

Been the number one Complaint so far they are working on it... Just not sure how far down the road it will be implemented.....

#6 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:26

(...) i figure they didn't want to add a sky so they limited the angle (...)

Its not like they "dont want". They for sure would like to do it with pleasure.

But, game does not use hardware acceleration and processor is used to render graphics instead.

While processor is not designed for such role it have much more limited power in comparision to graphic accelerators.

Every polygon (part of graphics) use part of processor power, and to maintain smootch animation,

total count of polygons in every frame of animation must not exceed total calculation power,

else some animation frames will be droped (skiped) which is visible as slow downs.

So there are some predefined count of polygons that can be shown on screen without causing too much slowdowns, which are used to "create" world in defined distance around the player.

What player does not see - is not drawn therefore it does not use any power.

If you would change camera angle to see at longer distance you could see black area - which is not drawn, Therefore changing camera angle to be more horizontal could require increasing polygons count which must be drawn, and perhaps what you see allready is on its limit at current development stage.

If they will succed implementing hardware acceleration then maybe you may expect more camera freedom, but then it will perhaps introduce new challenges like increasing details (polygons count)

textures quality ect, since there may be visible things that "shouldnt".

Its all not that simple... Or maybe it is, but it just as always require time and work.

Edited by BPlayer, 08 April 2014 - 09:41.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#7 SaiMorphX

SaiMorphX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 19:10

I think you have the "on the spot" point, BPlayer! I have noticed the black areas when trying to move to fast, and this is a slow laptop! :D I guess doing it this way removes the need for bill-boarding and other algorithms for clipping and reducing unseen polygons. I haven't liked java since I fist encountered it in the 90's lol, I've never liked it lol. it's a resource hog!

So I naturaly thought they just didn't want to add a sky and forgot java sucks lol

#8 Gankable

Gankable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 21:20

Thanks for all the replies. I know why the camera is angled the way it is. I just wanted to make the suggestion known as I am sure it has been several times before. I could easily handle the code to do it and help change the rendering process to migrate to the video card for most of the functionality. I'm sure they are making it a priority.

#9 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 21:58

Camera angle should be last on their list of to-do's...

They need to fix the questing system first imo...

Quests are boring and feel more like chores.. If anything is driving players away its the boring quests...  :huh:

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

#10 Gankable

Gankable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:37

I always thought achievements or feats would be great for points, like kill 100 wild animals for certain amount of points. Then you could spec your character with those points. So you don't have to run from one NPC to the next.

#11 pixxykilljoy

pixxykilljoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:36

I hope they add new angling asap. Not being able to see things around me while traveling, is so bad. Almost enough to quit in my opinion. It's just too damn hard to find things like this ): 

enjin-1105717-GamingStaten-blue.png

#12 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2014 - 15:09

I hope they add new angling asap. Not being able to see things around me while traveling, is so bad. Almost enough to quit in my opinion. It's just too damn hard to find things like this ): 

You get used to it pretty quickly.  Especially with the configurable keyboard, you can set it up to make the most of what we do have.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#13 pixxykilljoy

pixxykilljoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:28

You get used to it pretty quickly.  Especially with the configurable keyboard, you can set it up to make the most of what we do have.

Eh not really. I hate games with camera angles like this its very annoying. Some are okay when you can zoom out far much more. I like to be able to actually see things in front of me, not pretty much just stare down at the ground.

enjin-1105717-GamingStaten-blue.png

#14 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:10

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in and let you know that hardware rendering is currently being worked on by the systems team. This should include lots of performance improvements, one of which will be letting the camera come down. :)

This thread from last month might be of interest to some of you.

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=63788

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: