newbies non-supporters union

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_sinistro

gothador_sinistro
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 17:59

if you are new can't afford to be a supporter and join thier elite little "cult"
cliques then join us . contact sinistro.

#2 gothador_balord

gothador_balord
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 19:04

This may not be my place to say anything, however I do not think you should encourage "non-supporters" to band together. Besides, what good would it do? I myself am a non-supporter, and I don't see anything that you could possibly offer that I can not get on my own. The idea behind supporting and non, is that it allows those who are not able or unsure if they wish to pay or not an opportunity to use and play the "game". The servers, software, and operating costs come from those who support by paying.

>>>---------->climbing down of the soap box<----------<<<

#3 gothador_curseddemon

gothador_curseddemon
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 19:27

Attack: 210 (+170) Defence: 95 (+85)
AC: 165 (+155) DMG: 220-402 (+375)
Wisdom: 15 Next AP: 3m 9s
Blood: 0 Unused SP: 2

have all the fun you want right now but a time will come when there is nothing left to do. no more quests for ya and no more creature left to kill. go sup if really want to enjoy the game to its fullest. :wink: .

I know cause i have done it all as a non sup. between am giving away 50k to each newbiee. want em ?

#4 Jem

Jem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 19:37

join thier elite little "cult"

I actually find that comment a little insulting. A lot of people in cults are willing to share their knowledge and experience of the game with non-sups in order that they get the most they can out of the game that they love. Look and further than genevieve's newbie giveaway and twinkles diary in this section, or take a look at some of the excellent advice given out by the very knowledgable Mr. Pointy.

It may well be that you did not mean to cause offence if so I suggest you are careful how you word your posts in future!

--------------------gets off her soapbox too!!!-------------------------------------

#5 gothador_gethel

gothador_gethel
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 21:45

i played as a non-sup for a long time, too. when i joined, i wasn't sure i would stick with it, and i couldn't justify the $5 sub each month. (i'm sure that amount seems like nothing to some, but it is significant to me.) i was level 79 and had played Gothador for over 6 months when i finally said, "SOD IT! I'm subbing!" because, like CursedDemon says, as a non-sup, you get to a point where there is nothing left to do, and leveling becomes nearly impossible without xp-yielding creatures or weaponry/armors/items that will allow one to go after bigger kills.

subscribing was a great move! i've played a year, now, and it's been a lot of fun. i don't plan on quitting anytime soon -- so if you're a non-sup and you've played more than three months, if you're not quite sure you want to subscribe -- i say do it. being a subscriber *is* more rewarding.

now, as for a non-sup union...
i think it's RUBBISH.

my apologies to the person who posted the idear, but this community needs uniting, not further division. there are many supporting players who will gladly help non-supporters. non-supporters are just as welcome to visit on the forums or in IRC as supporters are. to band together against and paint supporters as somehow malign is not only misinformed, but exclusive and detrimental to any sort of friendships one might have as a non-supporter in this community. having a union to stand up against the "big bad supporters club" is absolute pish.

#6 gothador_kareena

gothador_kareena
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 23:04

thier elite little "cult"
cliques

I saw this earlier and I also found this offensive; I just didn't have the balls to say so at the time. I may not be a supporter(only because I don't have the bling bling for it); but that doesn't mean that I think supporters are snobby.

Quite the opposite in fact; most of the people I've talked to on this forum have gone out of their way to help me. And quite often I know that I've gotten way more than I should've from a trade. Everyone at one time or another WAS a non-supporter and knows how difficult it can be I'm sure.

And frankly; the supporters have supported this site with their money- why shouldn't they get their moneys worth?

Have a good day Sinistro, and I hope you enjoy this game as much as I have! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: