Photo

Should the PvP Smasher Medal Be changed Back?

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Smasher Medal be changed to include ALL PvP 100 stam hits? (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Smasher Medal be changed to include ALL PvP 100 stam hits?

1. Voted yes (107 votes [48.20%])

Percentage of vote: 48.20%

2. Voted no (115 votes [51.80%])

Percentage of vote: 51.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2012 - 19:50

Currently only 100 stam pvp hits on the bounty board, or on the pvp ladder count as Smasher medal hits. Off The board, off ladder pvp 100 stams do NOT count.

Players hit, now have the option to post multiple bounties, which now have a max ticket cost of 100 tickets, meaning more would bounty hunt. Add in many players going for smasher % via the bounty board, more bounties may possible be smashed. This would hopefully bring more life to the bounty board as well.

With these recent changes to the pvp system and how pvp attacks are bountied, what are players thoughts on changing the medal back to where ALL 100 stam pvp hits count towards the medal? ( bounty, off the board, ladder)

Edit: This topic is about the smasher medal, please try and stay on that topic. No flaming, derailing, or trolling. PvP topics often tend to get heated, lets try and be civilized :) thanks!

#2 Tateraid

Tateraid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 19:55

Absolutely. Everyone that hits should get the same reward, regardless of the reason for which they hit. Especially now that they all face the same "punishment"

#3 jude76

jude76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 19:56

I voted yes it would be more fun and that is why is named Smashing medal every pvp hit would need to be count :) So yes yes yes !

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:15

I didn't see a valid argument to remove it in the first place, yes I think it should be changed back. The large amount of hitting in the first couple of days was mostly over the novelty of the new medal. Now a lot of people have the medal and I do not think we will see the sheer amount of pvp we saw then. And I personally really enjoyed seeing 5 pages of people on the BB at a time. It has been nowhere near as active since. :(

#5 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 21:09

I voted yes, please change it back. The bounty board was healthier, people were excited, it was fun.

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2012 - 21:36

Normal off the board smasher hits could only count when prestige would be gained. So once every 3 days. Of course players could still hit someone for gold, wars, randomness, etc. But only ONE hit per 3 days would count towards smasher.

Hitting inactives wouldn't count, Possibly anyone attacked past 3 days inactive shouldn't award smasher %?

#7 mizer35

mizer35

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 22:08

There really was never a good enough reason in the first place to remove non-ladder/BB hits from going towards the medal, so I vote yes

#8 TheSt4lker

TheSt4lker

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 22:13

I vote yes, even though usually I don't pvp, would make the game more interesting. I don't think the cows would go for it though.

#9 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 22:35

hell yes :!: 8)

they can post more on same target attacking bring it back to the way it was at first :)

#10 EvilLyn

EvilLyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 22:37

Absolutely!!!! I like the idea of having it work when prestige does.

#11 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 23:12

I would like it to return to all pvp attacks. I was proud to receive my smasher for hitting 100 players in my range when the medal was first introduced. I gladly lost may levels for my hard work. Would be nice to pull another all niter LMAO

#12 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 23:21

i voted yes, quite obviously. im not a great bounty hunter, but i do have respect. when they switched it to bounties and ladder only, it made the bounty board not only less fun, but made more people seem like total a$$es. ive always stuck to fast 10 stam clears unless asked by the bounty placer or who it was placed on. so the change was rather.. well, unliked. sorry for rambling XD

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#13 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 23:39

All for it. Think this is more than fair.

#14 gaa

gaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 23:56

Im with you... yes all the way

#15 demon42693

demon42693

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2012 - 00:02

100% YES! It is a PvP medal after all, and all PvP attacks with 100 stamina should count towards earning the medal. If players do not wish to be attacked as a result of the change, there is always the option to buy PvP Protection just as they have the option to opt out of the PvP Ladder and not attack other players and avoid a bounty being placed on them.

The reason I am bring up ways to avoid being attacked is because that seems to be the main if not, only point of contention when it comes to the changes to the PvP medal. If there are ways to protect yourself, there is no reason to not make the changes that Maehdros is proposing. If players choose not to protect themselves, then they have no grounds, that I can see, to complain about the changes.

#16 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 00:18

i obviously vote yes. still trying to see and understand as to why it was changed and limitted to the BB & ladder only in the 1st place. very interested in the valid reason why. last i remember it was changed in less than 1/2 a day, vote was not even up for 36 hours.

#17 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:49

The reason I am bring up ways to avoid being attacked is because that seems to be the main if not, only point of contention when it comes to the changes to the PvP medal. If there are ways to protect yourself, there is no reason to not make the changes that Maehdros is proposing. If players choose not to protect themselves, then they have no grounds, that I can see, to complain about the changes.

Make PvP protection free, and then that's a valid argument - but ..

1. That will never happen (although Hoof did promise sometime ago to dramatically reduce the costs)

and

2. PvP'rs would never accept protection being free

:)

#18 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:52

1. That will never happen (although Hoof did promise sometime ago to dramatically reduce the costs)

Protection has already been drastically reduced from what it initially was.

#19 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:00

Protection has already been drastically reduced from what it initially was.

Agreed - it was a ludicrous price when it was first introduced, but a lot of folk feel it's still too expensive.

I know you can make yourself less attractive as a target by keeping minimal gold on hand and not running inflammatory bio's (I never understand folk doing that - 'tis like waving a red rag at a bull) and that there are abuses possible with protection but ...

anyways, we're going off-topic - back to our scheduled programme ;)

#20 Lindalou

Lindalou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:15

Yup i agree, did i :shock: some of you hehe, been havin a great time increasing my little walk up the smasher list and by the way i voted yes :D :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: