"Godly" Gold sink suggestion

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see this implemented? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this implemented?

1. Voted Naah, I think it's useless (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Voted Maybe, but it need some changes (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Voted Yes!, I think it would be great! (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:26

Hey Fellows!

Before I start my to express my suggestion,
I would like you to close your eyes, take a deep breath,
think of something you think is wonderful (It's very important that you don't hold your breath while doing this, as it will ruin your concentration),
now you should be ready to think of constructive feedback.

I had this though while I was just sitting thinking of which God in the Temple, I did like to pray for as it's pretty much the same items / reward 365 days a year.

So I was thinkin' how about we had a second "Temple" in World-map which didn't just awarded a price for 4 players each day, but had a reward for whole the community if they did show their faith and humility to their God (like people did back in the old day and some still do, through sacrifice)

Sacrifices could be:

- Gold (1 Gold would count as 1 Gold)
- Stamina (1 Stamina would count as 100 Gold)
- Items of any kind:
(Common would count as 100 Gold)
(Uniqe/Rare would count as 500 Gold)
(Legendary/SE would count as 2500 Gold)

The Reward could be diffrent from time to time

for example:

A new Quest (we're on our way to the Ruby Adventurer medal, and who doesn't enjoy a new quest? - these should)
A new creature (which could drop a resource of some kind, maybe for use in further recipes)
A new recipe (needed for further questes, new potions or keys needed for new areas)
A new area (not a part of a new contest, but for everyone - for example a maze that you'll need to pass as a challenge / or achievement of some kind) OBS! Should be quite difficult to pass (no map of the area and only ability to see 9 squares at the World map at once)

But all these lovely rewards would take a good bunch of sacrifice from whole the community (almost like a Global event it would be a tier that lasted for 14 days/2 weeks tier would be something like 500.000.000 Gold if the goal is not achieve there won't be any reward given - you should have ability to sacrifice through taxes from hunt, which will be taken after Guild tax has taken it's share)

I really hope to see a lot of constructive feedback from players and specially from the HCS

Cheers!

Centus

#2 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:07

ok i will admit this is interesting. i like the thought of it. If the cows can have some premade quests and areas off to the side for it then it could work however there is a couple things that would have to be taken into account.

First in regards to the quest/area "rewards" are you talking about them being out permanently after being achieved or temporarily?
if they are temp then you have the problem of people will have the quests done and not want to dump gold ect into it just to get something that is worthless to them. perhaps a way to remedy that is to make it where you can do it again every time it comes out?

second, i like the idea of the "maze realm"... it would only take being out once or twice for there to be maps around of it unless the cows change it every time which if they did it right i would thing wouldnt be to hard. the area needs a purpose tho so what would be the point of going thru the maze? would you get a prize at the end?

if you really want this to sink gold then have it set up so that 2 times a year the temple*glows* or something "special" and the amount of gold is higher and if reached a "XP event pot" is at the end of the maze. a pot that works separate from AL, LIB, ect. this way XP events are 100% on the community. if people dont fork over the gold ect then they dont get one and handing over the gold only opens the realm everyone still has to get thru the maze and get the pot. once the pot is in hand you have 48?(edit: i think a week would be better) hours to use it.

as for all other times of the year at the end of the maze i would put a rare pot only buff (careful not to make it over powered but still make it where people would want it) NO stat boosters and NO XP boosters PLEASE

my current thoughts on your idea... sorry for the book..

#3 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:45

I think it's great! Books are great as long as those are useful, and I think alot of your thoughts have been useful and constructive as feedback

* I didn't have a specific plan with the Maze area, just think it's needed as there's too many easy spots, we need some difficult from time to time (maybe some kind of inventing Quest, you have to invent keys to get through the doors in the Maze and you can't even be sure if it's the right way)
* I do also agree that it probably will have to be 2 maybe 3 times a year only (but still due to count toward an achievement)
* I think the Questes should be released only as long as the Maze is open and the Temple is glowing (as these questes should also be about sacrificing and honoring for the Gods)
* I'm not agree with the potion as reward as we already get these from Global Quests and Special Offers, instead I would like to see a new kind of reward from questes, maybe an Enchantment? (this enchantment will be needed to complete the Maze when it occurses again) and as reward for complete the Maze it could be 1x free upgrade for your account of your own choice (max value as 25 FSPs and only 1 upgrade or 100 max stamina maybe?)
* You're probably right about the Maze that players will make a map quite fast anyways, but if the HCS changed it totally every time it appears it should help it out, also to make it difficult it should be fitted with alot of "traps" for example "You may only pass this door if you're atleast level 53 and max level 933" this would be a pain for some, but everyone will still have atleast 1 way to reaching the middle of the Maze

Cheers!

Centus

#4 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:22

I think it's great! Books are great as long as those are useful, and I think alot of your thoughts have been useful and constructive as feedback

* I didn't have a specific plan with the Maze area, just think it's needed as there's too many easy spots, we need some difficult from time to time (maybe some kind of inventing Quest, you have to invent keys to get through the doors in the Maze and you can't even be sure if it's the right way)
lol personally i am not a fan of inventing quests but still i see no problem with this

* I do also agree that it probably will have to be 2 maybe 3 times a year only (but still due to count toward an achievement)
just normal quests or things like that i have no prefrence my self how often. any powerful type rewards like how i mentioned the XP pot i would say limited to 2 times a year.

* I think the Questes should be released only as long as the Maze is open and the Temple is glowing (as these questes should also be about sacrificing and honoring for the Gods)
* I'm not agree with the potion as reward as we already get these from Global Quests and Special Offers, instead I would like to see a new kind of reward from questes, maybe an Enchantment? (this enchantment will be needed to complete the Maze when it occurses again) and as reward for complete the Maze it could be 1x free upgrade for your account of your own choice (max value as 25 FSPs and only 1 upgrade or 100 max stamina maybe?)
ok first off the enhancement- i like the idea here but the question is how to go about it. are you talking about adding a enhancement to a piece of gear? or something totally new and adding it to the player directly? depending on how you are meaning for this to work depends on if i personally and the community at large can agree on it i think.

second, reward- i highly doubt that HCS will ever hand out a reward like that (not saying i dont like it just that i dont think it would happen) the very few times they gave a "upgrade reward" they chose exactly what it was and that was only with the epic quest story line. further if they did do this then there is no way they would let anyone get the reward more than once which means once people have done it once they would not donate to the temple any more as there would be nothing left to gain from it so it would be come obsolete.

* You're probably right about the Maze that players will make a map quite fast anyways, but if the HCS changed it totally every time it appears it should help it out, also to make it difficult it should be fitted with alot of "traps" for example "You may only pass this door if you're atleast level 53 and max level 933" this would be a pain for some, but everyone will still have atleast 1 way to reaching the middle of the Maze

you lost me here. if you have to be in a specific level range to get past doors how will players out side of that range reach the middle? are you talking about multiple ways of going thru the maze? or are you talking about if they go the wrong way they will hit one of these traps?

Cheers!

Centus

#5 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 15:01

This reminds me of an excellent idea by I think it was Rjem for community driven events - his was for shards of the Fallen sword to be found and returned to the temple and once enough shards were found an event of some sort would be triggered. See thread : i'lllookitupshortly

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104287

I think this idea is great. I love the idea of the community being able to trigger events. I think an evolving maze with different routes for different levels of player (doors that only open for certain level ranges) is inspired. I think the reward at the centre of the Maze could change each time as the maze appears and changes, though I would like it to be themed - parts of a "lost" or "forgotten" set. Oh! Maybe we find the Scabbard or peace knot of the Fallen sword? (In parts) ? Who knows! Or a well into which you throw your wish for any item in the realms that you qualify for.... and do not have any chance of knowing it will work... (i.e. it is effectively a ticket to HCS and they decide if your request is outrageous or not - maybe too much work for them...) I love the idea of new quests - perhaps a new thread of quests through the levels utilising old and unused items - obscure common drops from monsters long ignored etc. and perhaps tying into the new epic quest theme - that would be fabulous.

However. Community driven events are great IF the Cows can keep up. Common items - cannot be used unless as tiny fractions of a decimal point towards a gigantic total - too many are found and tossed immediately for them to be counted as a worthwhile tribute to your hungry god. (I sometimes wonder why Grim and the team spend the time and effort creating these items - replete with artwork and stats - when no-one cares about them in the quest for sets. Common items are literally on the scrap heap of history. I would ask for a buff to make them relevant again, but it would really hurt to see all those FF max stat items I threw away/gave away/sold for 1 FSP suddenly be awesome once more... but I would suck it up and adapt.)

Anyway - back to the point. The Cows need to have control over timing - as they have to have content/quests/creatures/items lined up. Therefore set totals of gold/items/stam would not work -we'd just have to keep donating in blind faith, as it were, and when the Cows are ready - the temple could glow... the skies could darken... dwarves in taverns could start talking about their legendary hold that had an impossible maze as an entrance... but the Cows would have control of release - anything else is impractical. (Rjem's fallen sword shards operated on this basis too I think) Gold sink is great, but defined total is not unless the cows have 10 community triggered events lined up and ready (and the events do not have to be BIG!!! One released monster for one day on one realm we'd need to find, that dropped one item needed for one new recipe that may not already exist would be cool by me - the idea would be to maintain interest and intrigue - not pass out win buttons.) and given the Cows' workload and ability to pump out the new they will need plenty of time to create this stuff. No offence, HCS boys and girls.

I mean look at Globals - they started in February this year - we have had 5 I think - which is great going given the effort to create them. (In fact more than often enough as far as I am concerned) The idea of community triggered mini-global anything is great, but the developers will need to have time to create them in advance. Theming them properly will take longer. **Spoiler alert** (Paging Dr Morbidstein - time for your return you sneaky so in so!(I don't care that you supposedly "died" are you telling me you are just an elite? Really? NO!! Dr Morbidstein LIVES!!!)) So the community goal should be huge, or preferably open ended. Gold sink is a fantastic idea as it is much needed.

All in all I'm going with the Fallen Sword Shard idea, or device like it (Shards of the orb of communityactioneventything) - we randomly find lots of them - even more never get found and so delay activation - return them to the Cathedral - it fuses together when enough gold is in the cathedral to attract the Gods' notice (Feels like a medieval relic racket to me... so is fitting and allows the Cows to get stuff ready as a community reward) - and releases its power across the realms and disappears as one mighty enough to wield it has not yet appeared/some other excuse.

I had another point but it got lost in this wall of text. (With brackets)

#6 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 15:11

* The enchantment that I would like added was something like "Prayer", and every of the quests of the event you complete will bring you 5% to your Prayer enchantment (Prayer shouldn't be able through equipment but added directly to your account when completing the quest) as it should be the Gods that rewards you for your sacrifice.
I was thinkin' something like for every 5% you would have a "new skill" that only works in the Maze

for example

5% would allow you to walk on water (ONLY in the Maze area)
10% would allow you to walk through fire (ONLY in the Maze area)
etc.

There should always be atleast 1 way to reach the middle of the Maze without this enchantment (due to make it fair to the newcomers who wish to take part in it) but that will cost you more stamina + more keys to invent

* You're probably right, we won't get these upgrades, but how about some uniqe resources (which will be bound) used for inventing a Sword that will be needed to hit/beat/kill the creatures in the Maze (a new resource should be added every time the Maze and Glowing Temple appears those should be used to upgrade the Sword for every new challenge you might find in the Maze)

* Yes, it's a part of the way to make the Maze difficult, traps should be an obstacle to prevent that someone is just going to run straight through the Maze, if you don't fit the level needed you will need to find another way

* I also think it would be great to have a special creature class in the Maze, 'Rapid' or something like that these should be aimed with such a rapidity that you won't be able to harm them unless you got a speed-reduction skill activated (ONLY available from potion)
even with this skill activated you only got 50% chance hitting and they've double your hit-rate (means every time it's their turn they will hit you twice which would higher the 2% chance to around 5%)

* I didn't know it was suggested before, but I see you got alot to add to the idea, I think the Orb idea is great too as it will take even more teamwork!

Cheers!

Centus

#7 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:34

Fly my dear tread! Get some attention xD

#8 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:41

Attention sounds good

So does the idea. I like the current globals, but one thing that always crops up with them is that a number of people complain about how much easier it is for those who have high max stam, high gains, lots of upgrades and lots of fsp. To hit the ~ kill x amount of xx target

Well of course it's easier, that's the whole point in getting high max stam, high gains, lots of upgrades and lots of fsp

However.. I doubt the exact same people would be so quick to complain about highly upgraded people footing the bulk of the bill for the community if the target was - deposit x amount of your gold somewhere. Even though it is in essence the same thing, people with more resources, using more resources to make a bigger contribution to a global target (and more easily hit their own personal target, if there is one)

#9 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:55

Fly my dear tread! Get some attention AGAIN! xD

#10 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:48

Here comes the flyin' tread! catch it and comment

#11 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:31

We used to have something slightly similar, whereby we bought tickets for certain amounts of gold/FSP. This was changed as it was deemed gambling..

I'm not sure I see the difference in this idea?

#12 mini100

mini100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 23:02

that sounds awesome with the tickets... I would be so happy if that came back

Sorry but Photobucket decided to take down my Signature.

#13 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 21:38

Trying to catch HCS attention over here 8)

#14 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:48

Flyin' tread right here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: