• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 13:43

Yesterday I had a DQ to break down 300 items to get 1 AH slot.  Most of the time I wouldn't bother with such a DQ bc I'm lazy.  BUT, I was at max stam (42k+) and was planning a hunt.  So I potted up which included FI 1150 and LL 230.  After my hunt I looked at the counter and it showed 24/300, which I find very odd because I had just burned 42k+ stam.  

Before you ask, no I do not have auto discard on, and yes I have auto frag on.

fc91d4843238543d4dce0aac27ad4a5a.jpg

I have opened a ticket for this already, but was told that the DQ does not count auto fragging; only manual fragging.  My problem with that statement is of course, why is it showing 24/300 when it doesn't count auto fragging.  I did not manually break down any items from this past hunt.

With all that being said, has anyone else ran into this issue before?

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 13:50

As was stated in the Support Ticket, I'll ask Hoofmaster to look into it.

~ Grim

#3 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 13:55

Thank you.  The main reason I posted it on the forum is to find out from the community if they've experienced this as well.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 14:03

Auto Fragging in DQs has never worked for me.

~ Grim

#5 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 14:08

I've never had reason to pay attention until this past hunt.  If it didn't work, then why did it count 24 items being broken down.  Curious.

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 14:53

I have opened a ticket for this already, but was told that the DQ does not count auto fragging; only manual fragging.  My problem with that statement is of course, why is it showing 24/300 when it doesn't count auto fragging.  I did not manually break down any items from this past hunt.

This is troubling misinformation!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 14:58

How is it misinformation? As I've said, it's never worked for me. Has it worked for you? If so, that information would be more useful than claiming "misinformation".

~ Grim

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 15:21

With other things in the game "breaking" I would include counting broken down items automatically in DQs as one of them. YES, it has worked for me in the past. Maybe your experience is different for you since you've repeatedly stated people should hold 100s of items in their BPs from leveling to break down manually. I'll repeat how impractical this method is for non game admins.

The bigger question is WHY doesn't auto frag count, IF your statement is true?? It does count towards the frag medal count! Why should it not count toward a DQ count? This is COMMON SENSE!!!

Edited by sweetlou, 05 April 2017 - 15:28.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 15:26

fc91d4843238543d4dce0aac27ad4a5a.jpg

Btw I find auto frag for Epic items an impossibility. Am I wrong?

[Signature removed]

#10 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 15:39

Btw I find auto frag for Epic items an impossibility. Am I wrong?

Hahaha, yeah you're right.  Honestly never really thought about that.

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 15:44

YES, it has worked for me in the past.

Thanks. That's all you needed to say.

~ Grim

#12 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 15:59

Unfortunately, I always get a combination of break down items and current stamina. Normally I have auto-fragmentation ON, 'cause I have not many slots available and I need to hunt fast to avoid wasting gold with more potions and buffers.

For every one of this kind of DQ - with auto-fragmentation ON - the counter is updated. The only problem is: when auto-frag is ON, seems that the counter is slower than when it is OFF. It is just an impression as the drop is defined by chance.

Also, when using Double for every hit I have the chance to get only one fragment; not 2x, 3x and so on.

Cheers!

Edited by MSCruz, 05 April 2017 - 16:01.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 16:06

For every one of this kind of DQ - with auto-fragmentation ON - the counter is updated.

Interesting. Thank you. Looks like it does work then.

The only problem is: when auto-frag is ON, seems that the counter is slower than when it is OFF. It is just an impression as the drop is defined by chance.

This is likely the same kind of display issue that can occur with the walking DQ in that it is not updating fast enough, thus causing confusion.

Also, when using Double for every hit I have the chance to get only one fragment; not 2x, 3x and so on.

Doubler has no bearing on drops.

After my hunt I looked at the counter and it showed 24/300, which I find very odd because I had just burned 42k+ stam.

I just double checked the levels you were going through. The likely reason your number was so low is due to there only being creature drops on the first creature of the content, one of the Champions and the Elite. This is why it's so relatively low.

~ Grim

#14 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 17:37

From level 1986 to 2003?  Only 1 creep has drops?

Edit - I just checked the USFG and you're right.  In 17 levels there is only 1 normal creep with any drops.  

:wacko:

Edited by juggeranut, 05 April 2017 - 17:45.

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 17:45

Creatures from lvl 1601 - 1875 do not drop commons items. This was due to them being seen as worthless. After Composing was introduced, we added a single common at the beginning of each 25 level block of content.

From 1876 onwards, you'll see one common drop from the first creature of the content, with one of the Champions and the Elite of the content dropping their set.

~ Grim

#16 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 17:47

Creatures from lvl 1601 - 1875 do not drop commons items. This was due to them being seen as worthless. After Composing was introduced, we added a single common at the beginning of each 25 level block of content.

From 1876 onwards, you'll see one common drop from the first creature of the content, with one of the Champions and the Elite of the content dropping their set.

~ Grim

Can you add them back now that they're not seen as worthless? :D

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2017 - 17:49

Hah, I'm afraid 1 at the beginning of Content is what we're sticking to I'm afraid. Sorry! :)

~ Grim

#18 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 20:28

The last time I had a DQ to breakdown items, the auto-fragment did work for me.

But I didn't count line by line in the log to compare with the DQ counter.

Jug, check your log to see how many auto-fragment message did you get.

Each message should = 1 DQ counter.

#19 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 21:50

The last time I had a DQ to breakdown items, the auto-fragment did work for me.
But I didn't count line by line in the log to compare with the DQ counter.

Jug, check your log to see how many auto-fragment message did you get.
Each message should = 1 DQ counter.

Are you suggesting he unclick: Hide Fragment Stash Logs

Then next time count them?

Wow!

#20 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 23:30

Are you suggesting he unclick: Hide Fragment Stash Logs

Then next time count them?

Wow!

You've misinterpreted my suggestion.

During his last hunt, assuming he didn't turn on Hide Fragment Stash Logs, he can check his log.

If he did have it on, then it's more difficult to troubleshoot.

As from my experience, I didn't have the same issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: