102 replies to this topic

#21 QuimJones

QuimJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:15

I love the new tavern news tab      thank you       biggrin.png

I do too - is it possible to hide the left hand side notification of tavern rumours but not the left hand side notification of new news?

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:17

Oh i'm sorry thought it was relevant because this was a thread about PvP ladder.

Dude. There's three separate posts from me saying it's NOT on topic.

I do too - is it possible to hide the left hand side notification of tavern rumours but not the left hand side notification of new news?

I can but ask!

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:18

Dude. There's three separate posts from me saying it's NOT on topic.

I can but ask!

Guilty of not reading the posts prior :P LMAO... Fresh outta the shower and balancing my daily FS tasks/other things and the forums lol.

Edited by EpicPiety, 11 February 2016 - 18:18.

#24 DragonDave

DragonDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:22

YES, YES, YES! Thank you! This improved the Ladder ranges & not automatically opting in new players is a HUGE improvement.

#25 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:26

2 excellent updates

Is there any chance that the tavern rumor notification can take you to half way down the home page rather than to the top? (i.e. actually take you to the tavern rumors themselves)?

#26 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:47

I appreciate work being done to the game itself! Can a dev divulge what's next for the game? It doesn't seem like a tough, time-consuming fix  to change to a non auto-opt in for noobs(which I'm opposed to) and add a couple new Ladder bands. I'm aware there's a mobile platform coming and content is always around the corner but what about the, by now, long to-do list?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#27 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 19:05

excellent update...really like the tavern rumors being now different than the news updates...really like getting rid of the auto-optin for noobies with the ladder..new ranges seem to be much more fair than the old ones..

somehow the system needs to catch up with medals- maybe give a medal update every 2-3 hrs until it gets caught up with todays time..then go back to how it is now...the medal updates are totally useless as they stand now, way to far behind..

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 20:10

Thx for the Tavern Rumours notification BG, really happy you guys listened to my suggestion :)

#29 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 22:12

With a little more time, I was against the auto-opt out (notice I said "out") and with the lower ranks shifted, I think it's even less necessary. But that's a discussion which would only get off-track as it's more dedicated towards opinions on the game, than the ladder itself. 

I'll skip any mention of composing pots as that was declared off topic by BG and I happen to agree.

I do like and agreed with a re-ranking of the lower levels. I hope that gets rid of the excuse of the higher levels having a huge advantage over the lowers. There will still naturally be differences in each band based on pots available, structures, setups, etc. None of these are relevant in my mind as everything is available to everyone. Whether they decide to "get" it is up to them. I "hope" that the break down on lower level ranges will spread the prizes out more and give people a chance to learn their value.

One particular player brought up the suggestion that HCS makes FS aware of the current prizes available from the PvP Ladder tokens. I don't think that's necessarily HCS' job. Along those lines, I do think that might be a great suggestion for a guide for the PvP ladder... hint, hint.

If someone wanted to take up the challenge, this list of what PvP Ladder tokens can make (as far as items are concerned) would still need to be updated, but provides a base. It's under the section “PVP REWARDS” AND WHAT THEY CAN BE USED FOR":

https://forums.hunte...nventing-event/

Beyond that, it was incorrectly stated that PvP potions were "useless" due to composing pots. Apart from BG's comment on duration, I would focus on two that I always personally use when leveling (and you'll excuse me for pointing these out, but that seemed to be the player's gripe):

Prestigious Brew (click for link to UFSG)

The other comes from the Crystal Ladder Chest

Now I agree that some work still needs to be done on the UFSG, but let's put that aside. For informational purposes for levelers only... you can choose the Crystal Balanced Draft. What's missing from the UFSG and relevant in this case is that the 275 skills are Epic Forge and Epic Craft. They last 960 minutes without Brew Master. In other words, a leveler can use them to increase their max stam and still have them going during their hunt.

I mentioned the two above ONLY because they give skills that could be used for leveling AND are NOT available via composing. There are quite a few other potion options in that chest. Further, there are lower level chests (costing less tokens with slightly lower skills). 

What I don't use, but could also be good for a leveler, is the Crystal Leveling Draft

In any case, the PvP Ladder rewards have a lot of useful options. As always, there are game decisions to be made. That's up to you as an individual. If all you care about is XP, maybe it won't be worth it to you. Regardless, there are strategies regarding the Ladder. Of course, nothing is set is stone. It's your risk and your decision. 

Prosperous smacking everyone! (o0

• j3k likes this

#30 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:04

I agree with both updates, but you SHOULD add a detailed addition to the starting tutorial on pvp and pvp ladders. perhaps have some of the top pvpers make a template for you guys so you can just post it as mandatory quest or pop up that comes up. That way they at least have an idea of what it is about.

Don't just rely on current guilds to teach players about the game. Most guilds are terrible at that and have a specific agenda / goal they want from members. If they try it and get smashed hard .. then quit ... no chance to retain that new player or get future donations. just a thought.

I agree with Luispalmer on this thread ... an update to what is going on with updates would be nice.

Edited by Windbattle, 12 February 2016 - 01:07.

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2016 - 13:47

We aim to get some code updates out every two to three weeks or so.

#32 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 15:21

We aim to get some code updates out every two to three weeks or so.

what is the chance of getting the medals updated so that when they appear in the tavern rumors, these are medals that players have just earned..so that others can see what "active" other players have just accomplished, be able to send grats to those players, therefore making the community as a whole more friendly towards each other....also encourages players to get medals or better medals to make this page...would be great if the medals accomplished page was up to date with current date of the game....

and i also saw a titan spawn not on the hour- i think this would be a great change..should be random times..not just on the hour- keeps titan hunters on thieir toes..never know when one might appear.

but overall, very glad to hear that code updates will be more regular..keep up the good work

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2016 - 15:25

what is the chance of getting the medals updated so that when they appear in the tavern rumors, these are medals that players have just earned.

I'll ask Hoof about it, sure. 

and i also saw a titan spawn not on the hour- i think this would be a great change..should be random times..not just on the hour- keeps titan hunters on their toes..never know when one might appear.

That was a forced spawn we did to test the Tavern Rumours notification worked.

#34 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2016 - 19:55

Yes, the medals alert was made smaller to keep it from filling a large potion of the news page but this only made the back log grow bigger and bigger. 

I may be in the minority in saying this but I think a 1-time flood of the backlog would be acceptable as would returning the notification to show all medals since the last notification.  The medal flood may be a bit annoying but that will only last a short while (even shorter if you spawn a Titan right after lol).

On the Titans, I agree with yodamus on having them spawn at random times (not just on the hour) being a good thing.

#35 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 20:27

Yes, the medals alert was made smaller to keep it from filling a large potion of the news page but this only made the back log grow bigger and bigger. 

I may be in the minority in saying this but I think a 1-time flood of the backlog would be acceptable as would returning the notification to show all medals since the last notification.  The medal flood may be a bit annoying but that will only last a short while (even shorter if you spawn a Titan right after lol).

On the Titans, I agree with yodamus on having them spawn at random times (not just on the hour) being a good thing.

I'd say you were in the minority there - who needs to know about medals awarded to players ages ago, some of which may well not even be playing anymore.

Rather than doing a flood, to clear the backlog, simply wipe out the backlog and, in essence, start the medal announcements from scratch again - so that any on-going medal awards are noted, but nothing historical.

That's, IMO, a better way to deal with the backlog :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#36 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 22:08

I'd say you were in the minority there - who needs to know about medals awarded to players ages ago, some of which may well not even be playing anymore.

Rather than doing a flood, to clear the backlog, simply wipe out the backlog and, in essence, start the medal announcements from scratch again - so that any on-going medal awards are noted, but nothing historical.

That's, IMO, a better way to deal with the backlog :)

i like that idea..wipe out backlog and start anew..then have enough announcements made each day to cover all medals earned that day...however many that may take..i really think that would encourage more effort for medals...everyone likes to see their name in lights  :)

#37 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2016 - 23:09

Thank you for taking time to read the thread I posted a while back on the forum for tavern updates and others in the fs community who listed other  improvement ideas. Hugs HCS and BigGrim for improving the game and yes as a community the developers here do take time to read and work on suggests that enhance the game with improvements for all.  :D  :P  :lol:  :wub:

#38 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:21

Pvp ladder chest buffs are allowed to be leeched/broke.. Do composed potion buffs work the same way?

With the amount of attacks I can receive every hour, its brutal that they aren't protected from spell breaker and spell leech...

Edited by RebornJedi, 13 February 2016 - 01:22.

#39 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:56

Would the devs consider possibly increasing the amount of medals posted in each news update by like 50% or 2x? This could help clear it up to where it clears up and you could reduce the # of postings of them back to 12 hours after a month or so of it running that way.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#40 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 17:19

While I do like the new separation of news and tavern rumors I was hoping for two things...first the possibility to altogether hide that notification and a different appearance of it since it's very similar to the guild hall icon.

Edit:Or possibly a reworking where the rumors just displays new titan information which seems to cover a good percentage of its notifications and then just put all the rest of the information including temple blessings in the new part. And get rid of medal notifications altogether since it's still years later and backlogged.

Edited by moonfrost, 13 February 2016 - 17:21.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: