BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:41

Hi there everyone!

Today's update sees six new recipes added to Kirk the Kleavers Killin' Shop, located at Colosseum of Gurgriss on the Mountain path.

We have three brand new recipes for the PvP Arena and three for the PvP Ladder!

Note, all items used in these recipes have been removed from the Auction House and returned to their sellers.

Additionally, we've adjusted the durability of the previous sets to bring them in line with the new standard. This has happened to the following sets : 

Luthais (Arena) 75
Asterias (Ladder) 135
Cristatus (Arena) 170
Abners (Arena) 430
Luanas (Ladder) 560
Mandeks (Arena) 775
Khalons (Ladder) 1000
Blood Ruby (Ladder) 1500
Elvey (Arena) 1800
Bellatrix (Ladder) 1950
Rustams Emerald (Arena) 2250
Crimson Corded (Ladder) 2550

If you have these sets invented, they'll still show at the old 50 point durability. Contact Support and we can help sort you out with gear at the new durability.

We look forward to constructive feedback regarding these new sets!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:02

Really like this update. The additional durability will be a good move also I think. Pleased to see people will be able to contact support for gear to be put in line with the update.

On a sidenote can someone able to learn the recipes post the stats of the Androkles set please. Thanks. :)

#3 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:24

sweet, got mine upgraded.. i may actually dare to wear them now :P

thanks grim

cheers

leefylee

#4 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:30

I have only seen the the Hototos, and Androkles so far, why defense armor? I wish I hadn't even wasted the gold on one of each for the recipes. I won't be inventing, or using, either set.

And wasn't the purpose of the low durability of these sets to keep the number of tokens in the game down by consumables? Like the potions?

I am not really complaining about the durability change, it will now be worth forging the non def/armor ones, but I hope the token cost to invent them increased accordingly.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:41

I have only seen the the Hototos, and Androkles so far, why defense armor?

Because more and more players requested it. While there's loads of Att/Dam sets out there, there's less Armour or Defence out there and we've seen a rise in requests for it, especially both on the same set. So we're bringing as many options as we can across all levels.

#6 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:51

Because more and more players requested it. While there's loads of Att/Dam sets out there, there's less Armour or Defence out there and we've seen a rise in requests for it, especially both on the same set. So we're bringing as many options as we can across all levels.

Ok. Where are the more and more players requesting this gear? Perhaps I can make some requests there as well, for some PvP sets that make sense. I just hope my opponents are the ones wearing it, will make tokens a lot easier to earn.

Thank you for the increased durability of Khalons anyway, I can wear the forged ones now. Did the cost in tokens greatly increase for 6 times the durabilty?

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:22

Did the cost in tokens greatly increase for 6 times the durability?

No, the change is down to feedback and some people feeling they were not worth inventing with so little durability. Increasing the cost is counter intuitive in such cases.

#8 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:35

No, the change is down to feedback and some people feeling they were not worth inventing with so little durability. Increasing the cost is counter intuitive in such cases.

Ok BG, thanks for the replies. As awesome as Khalons was, it got very little use, even I wouldnt regularly use my forged set, now it has just replaced skull carvers as my main set with the increased durabilty, so perhaps you are right, and it will get more use now. But seriously, where are the postings to request new gear? I would like to post my suggestions there as well.

Thanks again for making what i feel is an excellent pvp set even better :)

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:47

Hey.

There's no one specific thread. It's been through many threads regarding sets over the years. When I create the next LE/Arena/Ladder suggestion thread, post there what you think you'd like to see.

~ Grim

#10 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:03

Hey.

There's no one specific thread. It's been through many threads regarding sets over the years. When I create the next LE/Arena/Ladder suggestion thread, post there what you think you'd like to see.

~ Grim

Thanks. I don't go the the forum quite that often, where will i know when and where that is and will be? why don't we use the in game polling for stuff like this anymore? that seemed to work well when we used that

#11 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:28

Are all the new ladder sets defense/ armor based?

#12 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:31

Are all the new ladder sets defense/ armor based?

No - the 1650 one is attack/dmg ring/rune. The lower level ones are armor/defense.

I'm not sure on the level 2100 (I bought but can't learn yet). There was one more higher level set as well, but couldn't tell. 

#13 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:31

The level 1650 is not.

Edited by Kbyte, 03 June 2016 - 13:32.

#14 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:32

The level 1650 is not.

K thanks. I won't waste my gold buying the recipe's then lol.

Cheers!

#15 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 15:44

If you didn't notice, the previous feedback wasn't only about low durability, although that's the only tweek that was made which is a great improvement. However, the improvement is relatively minimal because there are still many much better alternatives to use, especially with stam gain. For example, obtaining tokens is far more difficult, and takes far longer than solo Titan Hunting with Titan Doubler. Let's watch and see how the market, driven by players, reacts to this poor attempt to mitigate the Arena and Ladder rewards. I look forward to proving my point by checking the FSG in the future to see how many players waste their resources to obtain these sets.

Once again my apologies for being too truthful but I won't even bother buying the new recipes. Like others, I certainly won't bother using tokens for these sets. Let me be precise why these changes will remain worthless so I don't sound crass. After it takes considerable time and resources just to win ONE Ladder, all I need to do is use a Super pot, which is easily obtained. Gear's importance has been essentially nullified by these overpowered pots. I could use junk unique gear dropped by elites to dominate in PvP but that would also require too many resources to obtain, mainly time. BigGrim won't discuss it, nor will he admit it but ALL the Super pots(Ladder, Global and Composed) have negatively effected many aspects of the game. Here's one more example!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 15:48

I look forward to proving my point by checking the FSG in the future to see how many players waste their resources to obtain these sets.

Which is not any kind of proof so please don't profess it to be. That does not give anything close to a full picture.

What I will say is we've been getting a heck of a lot of positive feedback from players in-game and through Support.

#17 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 16:28

Which is not any kind of proof so please don't profess it to be. That does not give anything close to a full picture.

What I will say is we've been getting a heck of a lot of positive feedback from players in-game and through Support.

Who said I offered proof of anything? I've given an opinion what I think, why and what I think will happen. I look forward to the game market proving that these sets will not be received well verified by the FSG just as it did prior to this update. Now that you have professed receiving "a heck of a lot of positive feedback," which is not public, I really look forward to seeing what happens. Good luck.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#18 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 16:46

have to lean your way now BG, best stats comparable for an item of their level, stam gain(though didnt check set bonus of these new sets) and dura worthy of any item not so easily farmed during event or bought for gold = these sets are quite worthwhile, i was a little wondering about the stat combinations of some of these new ones though it does give options and these are technically for ladder/arena matching not so much a popular hunting setup ie high damage, i think you are doing well BG :-)

#19 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2016 - 17:09

A big thank you to BigGrim from me and my guild for speedily and efficiently exchanging all our 'old 50 durability' sets for the new updated sets. :)

#20 Terrordog

Terrordog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 18:27

a thank you for the new recipes also a thank you to make the durability 300 but now the older used sets are looking bad with the lot and lots of durability lost i have 49/300 and 48/300 not really happy with that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: