51 replies to this topic

#21 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 19:37

great to see something being done for arena and ladder..i cant use most of what was changed or what is new..so no comment on that..other than i hope they work out and it increases activity in arena and ladder ( very skeptical tho)..arena needs more than that to increase activity (still are ignoring the fact of little to join in arena, runs newer arena players off, and is really hurting arena- again old arena 75 tourneys for 1200 levels..now 60 tourneys for 3000 levels..do the math..it killed arena)...but, something is much better than nothing..keep trying..keep working..someday arena will be active again ( maybe in my dreams)..i can hope tho..

durability change i like..and type of sets, i like..need different types of sets like you are trying...thxs for the effort bg :)

#22 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:24

Off topic post removed

Edited by BigGrim, 06 June 2016 - 08:52.
Off topic post removed

#23 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:58

I`m not real happy about the new dura changes>>>I just invented the Crimson Corded set and I have 49/300 dura now. Bunch of crap Grim..RED

Invented about a month ago

Edited by RED, 04 June 2016 - 12:00.

#24 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:28

As for the new pots>>You have these high def based pots and nothing to beat them. I see certain people on the BB and they have high level def pots that last the duration of their bounty. Hows about making pots to offset those def ones Grim???

#25 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 04 June 2016 - 13:10

What would everyone think about making some, or all, of these sets 9-pieced?

#26 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 June 2016 - 17:57

I`m not real happy about the new dura changes>>>I just invented the Crimson Corded set and I have 49/300 dura now. Bunch of crap Grim..RED

If you message Support, they will replace it for you with 300 duration. I believe it was in the main post. 

• RED likes this

#27 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:36

Off topic post removed. 

It's off topic really, but as for the over powered potions, composing, and otherwise, they can all be beaten, but would be even better if they can all be leeched, or broken. I can understand the leveling versions of epic potions being immune to leech and spell breaker, those often sell for ridiculous amounts of fsp, and that is ultimately a lot of real money. but when you use those for a pvp advantage, in a pvp game, why do those become immune to buffs for pvp in that game? ludicrous and self defeating, imo. So just make all of the other potions, except maybe the leveling versions of expensive donations rewards, and then many wont feel so brave to use them as freely, and eventually, they do run out. giving even players without them a chance to win via attrition, by stealing them for themselves to use.

#28 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:04

Off topic post removed. 

Edited by BigGrim, 06 June 2016 - 08:53.
Off topic post removed.

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:47

Lots and Lots of "stuff"

The reason that, I'm presuming, your post got deleted in THIS thread is that it was completely off-topic to the subject matter.

Also, rightly or wrongly (and I happen to agree that composing is WAY too powerful), BG (and presumably, Hoof, given he will have coded it thus) seem to see there's no problem with it.

Finally, you say you have more than 100K fragments ? - perhaps if YOU composed (or more seriously), you could compete on a better footing ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 14:42

It`s really not off topic talking about the pots here as they go hand in hand with the sets...You can make all the sets you want but until you get something to counteract those high level/high duration pots they are useless in my opinion. RED 

#31 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 22:50

It`s really not off topic talking about the pots here as they go hand in hand with the sets...You can make all the sets you want but until you get something to counteract those high level/high duration pots they are useless in my opinion. RED 

It sure isn't. I wholeheartedly agree that Super pots have a direct negative effect on ANY set, especially these - they make them practically worthless! Until Super pots are addressed we continue sliding down the slippery slope that Super pots have overpowered the game.

I'm baffled that HCS has stopped listening to players on this issue. I'm not sure by who or why that decision is being made.  My opposition is that mere discussion of this issue is always curtailed immediately - labeled as off-topic and dismissed without any explanation.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 23:17

Hmm, because it's off-topic. 

I wonder if saying it's off-topic is off-topic. Probably... feel free to delete this with everything else. 

So, anybody have anything to say about the new sets? 

I haven't really looked into them. I did send a support ticket to get the updates on durability on the stuff we have. 

I thought that was cool at least. 

I hope the new general ideology behind the sets works for everybody. "Seems" like feedback is generally positive. 

#33 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 23:27

Off topic post removed.  

Edited by BigGrim, 06 June 2016 - 08:54.
Off topic post removed.

#34 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 23:44

I haven't really looked into them. I did send a support ticket to get the updates on durability on the stuff we have. 

I hope the new general ideology behind the sets works for everybody. "Seems" like feedback is generally positive. 

#35 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 00:02

For me the positive outlook is just that there are new sets and interest in more new sets for PvP and the arena. For the game I think this is a good move. For me I have no use for hybrid or turtle gear. I get the cows want to make gear with all kinds of different stats across the board but I feel with PvP token gear being an area which is deprived it would of been smarter to make gear that is useful. To at least make people want to invent these items and encourage others to maybe opt in to invent the items themselves thus increasing activity which for me is the point right?

Maybe these items have uses in the arena for example? I don't know, I am clueless about such things but from my perspective they are useless for all else. Making the market for these items tiny doesn't increase interest at all.

But to finish on a positive note I agree the change on durability was a good one and allowing people to have their gear put in line with the update is a good move. BG exchanged mine for me. And like I say it is a positive that there is both an interest in new gear sets and an even bigger positive that the cows invested a little time towards it to. As long as the cows remain interested in the issues we may yet find a solution. I remain hopeful anyway. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 06 June 2016 - 00:14.

#36 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:01

Hi there.

A few off topic posts removed. This is a thread about the new sets, NOT composing. Bear this in mind please.

a thank you for the new recipes also a thank you to make the durability 300 but now the older used sets are looking bad with the lot and lots of durability lost i have 49/300 and 48/300 not really happy with that

Contact Support. We'll sort you out.

Pleased to see that the sets seem to be well received.

~ Grim

#37 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:07

My post isn't about the usefulness (or not) of the new sets, but is specifically about the recipes for the ladder sets.

From what I can gather, all 3 of the new ladder sets use Malphas and Baron drops ?

Baron is already used in Blood Weaver, Daynas, Empusa, Skull Carver, Inferno Hammer, Svanhildas and now, Androkles, Beorhtheres and Gundisalvs

Malphas is already used in Blood Weaver, Spidragon, Silent Holder, Firebird, Machtelds, Empusa and now, Androkles, Beorhtheres and Gundisalvs

Lusika is used in inventing 3 sets

Cockatrice is used in inventing 4 sets

Yokai is used in inventing 1 set

Samurai is used in inventing 3 sets

Steep is used in inventing 5 sets

Triclopse is used in inventing 3 sets

Lorelei is used in inventing 4 sets

Xinderoth is used in inventing 4 sets

BUT, we also have the following sets :-

Pinoldar / Luz Tagoz / Count Gorbalz / Alicanto / Slobnoth Ogrekin / Shroud Weaver / Count Morbidstein / Lord Xinderoth and Mourarchian

that aren't used in inventing at all.

Perhaps it would have been nice to show them some love too ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#38 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:10

BUT, we also have the following sets :-

Pinoldar / Luz Tagoz / Count Gorbalz / Alicanto / Slobnoth Ogrekin / Shroud Weaver / Count Morbidstein / Lord Xinderoth and Mourarchian

that aren't used in inventing at all.

Perhaps it would have been nice to show them some love too ?

Certainly. I'm not done adding sets to the Ladder or Arena after all.

#39 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:11

Hi there.

A few off topic posts removed. This is a thread about the new sets, NOT composing. Bear this in mind please.

Contact Support. We'll sort you out.

Pleased to see that the sets seem to be well received.

~ Grim

I appreciate the sets invented previously have been updated but in my pvp setups none of these sets figure for any usage.

Edited by zizzwyly, 06 June 2016 - 09:12.

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:18

Perhaps not, but they may well figure into other player's setups. It's about options, y'know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: