Photo

Help Promote PvP and make Fallen Sword GREAT AGAIN !

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:05

Let's make Fallen Sword Great again guys + Gal's !!! 

First suggestion - the game has many players at EOC (more now than ever) -

Let's promote some PvP by increasing the +/- hit range. 

From level:

25 - 499   +/- hit range at  10 levels 

500  - 999   +/- hit range at  50 levels 

1000 - 1999 +/- hit range at 100 levels 

2000 - 2999 +/- hit range at 200 levels

3000 - 4000 +/- hit range at 300 levels  

Increase GvG ranges from:

50 -  300   +/- hit range at  25 levels 

301  - 700   +/- hit range at  50 levels 

700 -   999   +/- hit range at 100 levels 

1000 - 1999 +/- hit range at 200 levels

2000 - 3999 +/- hit range at 300 levels

I would also like to suggest additional PvP Daily Quests -

For example a new daily could promote pvp where a player gains 3000 stam by 100 stamming another player off the BB this would be 10 hits and would be an example of a Legendary Quest.

Other examples could consist from common quests where a player would apply 1 - hundred stam attack to a player that's on the bounty board and the reward could be something like 300 stam. 

These are just a few ideas that I feel could promote PvP in the game while keeping people active and promoting the bounty board as well. We could even think of some crafty medal's perhaps for losing levels on the bb - taking levels from people on the bb and so fourth. All in good sport - to keep everyone logging in using pots and promoting some exciting fun in FS ! 

Please share your thoughts - No troll's allowed and keep it positive thanks 

- Chazz 

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:44

+/- THREE HUNDRED LEVELS at EOC ??

Can't see that EVER happening ...

Leastwise, I certainly hope not

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:51

I'm sorry this is just a ridiculous idea.

We already had an update that added more activity to the bounty board than we had seen in years, but pvp players didn't like it. (because they didn't control it)

I do however find the differences amusing  between what pvp oriented players and non-pvp oriented players want...

It's almost as if we have been playing a different game for the last decade.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:34

As  a wise man once posted:

"The Entire Community Voted in game about 14 months ago and decided the way pvp is now is the best, so no need to change it."

#5 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:35

More then the pvp players didn't like Seasons, Doom. The cows flat ignored us until the larger player base hated it as well. We told 'em how it would go.  It went the way we thought. Not our fault we know how pvp works in the game. Would be nice if the cows did as well.

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:46

More then the pvp players didn't like Seasons, Doom. The cows flat ignored us until the larger player base hated it as well. We told 'em how it would go.  It went the way we thought. Not our fault we know how pvp works in the game. Would be nice if the cows did as well.

I was around watching what was happening back then.

I'm well aware that some pvp'ers were doing their level best to foster that dislike of the new system.

Some players went around around smacking everything in sight non-stop. Then came onto the forums to 'sympathise' and explain that they were only demonstrating what the new system was...

It was actions like these that sealed that systems fate. Especially unfortunate since the ability to do those things was quickly removed. However, the 'bad taste' had already been put into peoples mouths.

Edited by Mister Doom, 29 November 2016 - 09:47.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:49

Why wouldn't we hit everything in site when a new pvp system was introduced? I hit everyone I could on an hourly basis. We needed to test it, didn't we?  I was one of the first to say on the forums that every target I hit lost a level, every time I hit, so something had to be wrong. That was the point of testing it after all, right? Or were we suppose to just look at it and say "Oh pretty!'?

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:53

So you did that all out of the goodness of your heart, right? No malicious intentions of ruining the update in other players eyes?

Come on Calista, you really think people don't know what happened and why? O.o

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:53

Although I'm all for making PvP as rich and vibrant as it once was, I think the range changes are a little too extreme.

As PvP is now, folks get all bent out of shape over the occasional 10 stam hit for Prestige or the DQ. Expanding the ranges that far is just too radical for this community with the general attitude toward PvP by the majority of our population. Also, the FS community as a whole is averse to losing even the tiny amount of XP that a 10 stam hit incurs, with many taking things personal when all the average PvP player is doing is playing the game. To institute changes that would encourage more 100 stam hits would just cause too large an outcry, and I really don't think that would be good for FS....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:58

So you did that all out of the goodness of your heart, right? No malicious intentions of ruining the update in other players eyes?

Come on Calista, you really think people don't know what happened and why? O.o

I tested the system. Same as many non-pvp players did. I hated the bb being included from the start. I never made it a secret. I was there too. Are you seriously blaming people for playing Seasons when it was introduced? What else were we suppose to do? That doesn't even make sense.  0.o

Lots of people have asked for the level ranges to be opened up some. As the active player base shrinks, so does the viable number of targets for a single player, especially as they go up in levels. It would make sense, but it would be admitting that we're on the downward slope of this game which I don't see the cows ready to do yet.

Grim has said he would talk to Hoof about getting bounties involved in the daily quests. Hope that happens soon!

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:02

I tested the system. Same as many non-pvp players did. I hated the bb being included from the start. I never made it a secret. I was there too. Are you seriously blaming people for playing Seasons when it was introduced? What else were we suppose to do? That doesn't even make sense.  0.o

Lots of people have asked for the level ranges to be opened up some. As the active player base shrinks, so does the viable number of targets for a single player, especially as they go up in levels. It would make sense, but it would be admitting that we're on the downward slope of this game which I don't see the cows ready to do yet.

Grim has said he would talk to Hoof about getting bounties involved in the daily quests. Hope that happens soon!

You used the flawed first incarnation of the system to bring it down, not to help in any way. There is a difference Calista.

As for extending the level ranges. Every time pvp players ask for something it is to the detriment of all other non-pvp players. Hence it flops wildly, then HCS either have to scrap it or nerf it, which annoys pvp players.

You would think after all this time the people making these suggestions would be able to see that these kinds of changes simply don't work.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:08

You used the flawed first incarnation of the system to bring it down, not to help in any way. There is a difference Calista.

As for extending the level ranges. Every time pvp players ask for something it is to the detriment of all other non-pvp players. Hence it flops wildly, then HCS either have to scrap it or nerf it, which annoys pvp players.

You would think after all this time the people making these suggestions would be able to see that these kinds of changes simply don't work.

I made sure to point out the flaws to the cows so they could be fixed, like the large amount of damage being taken with each hit. That was the point of testing it.  I didn't create the flaws in the system. I didn't create the system. I did play the game, which is sorta the point. Or so I thought...... But with any future updates I will let others know we're suppose to just say we hate it without actually trying it out to see how it works.  

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:13

I made sure to point out the flaws to the cows so they could be fixed, like the large amount of damage being taken with each hit. That was the point of testing it.  I didn't create the flaws in the system. I didn't create the system. I did play the game, which is sorta the point. Or so I thought...... But with any future updates I will let others know we're suppose to just say we hate it without actually trying it out to see how it works.  

You already admitted you were set against the bounty board changes from the beginning, 'before' you 'tested' it.

I'll admit though, using the flawed first version of the seasons to do as much damage as you possibly could, making it look as bad as possible, certainly did the trick.

You killed months of hard work done by HCS and 'probably' killed any hope of HCS ever putting such large amounts of work into the game again.

So, bravo?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:37

Okay, enough. Stop arguing about Seasons please.

On topic : 

Chazz224, sorry but I see no way that we'd ever open the level ranges up to the extent you are proposing. They are far, far to extreme.

#15 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:06

Cali, you are very bad. :P This made me laugh this morning. Thanks Doomy! :)

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:09

On an honest note. A range increase of 20-40 max. Anything above that is too much imo.

I don't gvg so ya'll can sort it yourselves lol.

Cheers!

#17 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 13:15

Cali, you are very bad. :P This made me laugh this morning. Thanks Doomy! :)

I had a giggle too.

As for the ranges, +10 levels per 1000 levels might not make the levelers feel like the apocalypse has descended upon them.

1-999: keep as is.

1000-1999: +/- 20 levels

2000-2999: +/- 30 levels

3000-3999: +/- 40 levels

I think stam used should be reflected in prestige gained, so making 10stams give 1 prestige, and 100stam give 10 prestige would make me smile.

Edited by Mzzery, 29 November 2016 - 13:16.

og3DxyP.gif

#18 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 13:37

Increasing GvG ranges especially in the higher levels makes a lot of sense. I think the compromising suggestion to the original post idea Calista make of + 10 levels per 1k levels is very fair. I have a guildmate that has nearly no active players in range to hit for PvP daily quest, or maybe just one who may get hit repeatedly to complete quest.

I am surprised that the non PvP players wouldn't be supportive of his daily quest suggestions to add 100 stamming bounties to the quest possibilities. For years all I heard was idea after idea from non PvP players to make the bounty board function more as the place of punishment to serve their perspective purpose of it, the proposed daily quest additions would certainly do that.

What the heck is PvP season? When is PvP season? I like to think all seasons are great for PvP.....little rough in winter when the sword freezes to sheath, but blood snow Angels are fun to make, and pop in the white background.

Edited by Ryebred, 29 November 2016 - 13:39.

#19 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 13:49

Okay, enough. Stop arguing about Seasons please.

On topic : 

Chazz224, sorry but I see no way that we'd ever open the level ranges up to the extent you are proposing. They are far, far to extreme.

I agree, those ranges are pretty extreme in comparison to what the level ranges are currently. Perhaps a tweak though is in order?

I had a giggle too.

As for the ranges, +10 levels per 1000 levels might not make the levelers feel like the apocalypse has descended upon them.

1-999: keep as is.

1000-1999: +/- 20 levels

2000-2999: +/- 30 levels

3000-3999: +/- 40 levels

I think stam used should be reflected in prestige gained, so making 10stams give 1 prestige, and 100stam give 10 prestige would make me smile.

I certainly agree these level ranges are much more suitable!

Perhaps for GvG they could be tweaked to

50 -  300   +/- hit range at  25 levels 

301  - 700   +/- hit range at  50 levels 

700 -   999   +/- hit range at 100 levels 

1000 - 1999 +/- hit range at 150 levels

2000 - 3999 +/- hit range at 200 levels

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2016 - 13:50

What the heck is PvP season? When is PvP season?

PvP Seasons is off topic and need not be brought up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: